New to the game - Night Question

DeletedUser

How long does night last? Are there only certain times of the day (real world day, not Grepolis day) that I can improve my city?

DeletedUser24263

Hi SoccerKing85 , it's a graphics touch to imitate your real time I believe , doesn't stop you upgrading and building.
Can be turned off in Settings/Map , uncheck Activate Night Graphics.

Hope this helps

DeletedUser

Awesome, that worked perfectly. Thanks! Is there a setting I'm missing to make constructing something not take 20 mins real time?

DeletedUser24263

Sadly that's for real , but it gives you time to build up your army and expand the farms , wrist and fingers allowing there's always something to put resources into .
Or get some gold (Premium) , you can cut building times by 50% , and support Innogames :)

DeletedUser

The night feature is also set to GM+1 if I remember right... Reason I think that, is it was always night when I was playing. :p

DeletedUser22423

Night is just a graphics feature. It doesn't really change the game.

There is a night defense bonus that your opponent receives if you attack them during night hours

+Rep for bad advice to the enemy/or more likely you have no clue what you are talking about but you're gonna say it anyways

DeletedUser

^ Depends on the world you're playing. I don't think the Night Feature is actually enabled in any of the current worlds, and if it is then it certainly isn't a common setting to have.

+rep on bad advice. :p

DeletedUser

Kanga is right. On the .net servers no world has the night bonus activated, it's a national server setting. This is because this is the international server where people from all around the world play, so it wouldn't be fair if your troops fought 50% less effective because of a night bonus while it's 2pm where you live.

DeletedUser22423

Got me. And to think I been holding back all this time for fear of wasting my troops on night defense. *facepalm

+Rep to me, I don't know what I am talking about but I'm going to say it anyways :p

DeletedUser

CNoteG you are correct on region specific servers (ie deXX/.de) however, I believe on any of the listed enXX.grepolis.com servers, it is just a graphic feature and the night bonus is disabled. It is meant to encourage people to attack during the day when people are awake. Being these are world wide servers, this makes no sense. It is easy to mix up because some documentation points to it being disabled, and some refers to it depending on where you are getting your "grepolis" information. The official wiki says it is disabled on world-wide servers.

In Itacha though, its true, there is no "night bonus"

Which makes me wonder - can you buy/DL grepolis server side? I'd love to mess with a small internal server.

DeletedUser

Well unfortunaly for you there is no legal way to get the source code as of now. Sorry :(

DeletedUser

Haha, kinda had a feeling of that. Not to say you could do much without a user base anyway.