Top 12 New Top 12

DeletedUser56379

The last thread got real cluttered real fast. It would be nice to have a thread devoted completely and only to Top 12 lists. If you'd like to respond to any ones list, please do so in a top 12 format.

If anyone is willing to take the time to fill out an analysis, I'm sure everyone else would appreciate it the read.

I'm interested to see what your current perspectives are.

DeletedUser55156

Here's my 5 min top 10:
1. Hug This - Going to win the world unless james decides to organize his alliance. Every single one of them is a millionaire.
2. True Fear - If the switch to an all defense mode they might get to keep a few cities...
3. NONAME - I really want to see how Amnesia will manage to sneak a spy in Hug This.
4. Mercenaries - Have some great players with them
5. Phoenix Blade - True Fear are truly desperate.
6. Hell Hounds - Have nice cities in 44, Hug This will grab them sooner or later and they will quit Grepolis out of fear. I might grab a few too.
7. Nightmares Of Elysium - Why do these alliances even exist?
8. Inf1nite Army - MRA central
9. Infin1te Army - MRA central
10. Crusaders - They think they are some sort of elite hahahaha!
23. Pirateiros - We got the world, ez!

Start shitposting now. Please!

LikeClockWork1

Hipparchus
Ah man these forums on Innogames just crack me up some times lol.

I'd probably have to say 70% of the stuff in these world tabs talked about is Assume assume assume and well assume, not much communication like it used to be 10 years ago.

But either way I get laugh of what everyone thinks and assumes of other alliances without actually talking to a member in that alliance.

So I guess keep it up because it makes me laugh

DeletedUser52759

Top 12 reasons I'm still playing Pharae

12. My nights are empty after Johnny Carson left TV
11. Those huggers are my amway hook-up
10. Ms Merkel isn't telling me that there's going to be a Grexit
9. True fear uses slide rules instead of scripts
8. Forgot to take my pain meds, and needed to distract with something worse
7. Thought no-name was some secret bdsm society
6. Trying new weight loss diet- spend time farming, not eating
5. Saw ad: U2 CAN EARN BIG BUX WITH MERCS, thought 'what the heck'
4. Fox news was running Hannity reruns, and I just discovered Maddow's married
3. Still trying to figure out if Phoenix Blade is new razor for women
2. 1ssa was too busy writing a paper to hang out
1. Cleveland was too exciting to contemplate the trip

Last edited by a moderator:

1saaa

Strategos
Top 12 reasons I'm still playing Pharae

12. My nights are empty after Johnny Carson left TV
11. Those huggers are my amway hook-up
10. Ms Merkel isn't telling me that there's going to be a Grexit
9. True fear uses slide rules instead of scripts
8. Forgot to take my pain meds, and needed to distract with something worse
7. Thought no-name was some secret bdsm society
6. Trying new weight loss diet- spend time farming, not eating
5. Saw ad: U2 CAN EARN BIG BUX WITH MERCS, thought 'what the heck'
4. Fox news was running Hannity reruns, and I just discovered Maddow's married
3. Still trying to figure out if Phoenix Blade is new razor for women
2. 1ssa was too busy writing a paper to hang out
1. Cleveland was too exciting to contemplate the trip
i honestly cannot tell if these are jokes about each alliance or if they are just reasons. is that bad for me or good for you?

DeletedUser52759

i honestly cannot tell if these are jokes about each alliance or if they are just reasons. is that bad for me or good for you?

Grepo's about having a good time. My goal is to get a laugh for everyone. The threads are often a bit dry.The jokes are pretty evenly set to poke at everyone a little, although my sense of humor is kind of american, for better or worse. You may notice similarities to david letterman's top tens.

Oh, and to be on topic so magick or whoever the forum mod is doesn't get angry at me.

1saaa

Strategos
Grepo's about having a good time. My goal is to get a laugh for everyone. The threads are often a bit dry.The jokes are pretty evenly set to poke at everyone a little, although my sense of humor is kind of american, for better or worse. You may notice similarities to david letterman's top tens.

Oh, and to be on topic so magick or whoever the forum mod is doesn't get angry at me.
okay :) i like you username and your profile picture.

sorry wrong thread!

DeletedUser54067

My Top 12-

Authentic from the Rim

I personally like to group alliances together, and also focus on growth in my Top 12 to do the talking, so you can see real size and direction in terms of statistics. Also it's normally a Sink/Swim/Float format. This is going to have way more of my personal opinion than I usually give, so i'll let you know future Top 12's are going to be much more objective/stats/location focused, as I don't know too much outside of my little bubble. Also this is my first real Domination world. This is also to give hope to the other alliances, as right now the world seems one-sided.

1. Hug This- 8.7 million points.
They are clearly dominating, while if this was a fast world their domination would be a major problem, but if you use travel times, the far reaches of the world are "far", so their is likely some alliances particularly the ones to the far South (Mercenaries) who have a zero chance of encountering Hug This, and which consequently means in a half year's time, they and other's in their position can compete just because of the sheer size of this world compared to others (in the sense of the new meta, back in Byzantium my first world, I spawned in 32 and my ocean was still so far inwards that we still had wars with other rim alliances even further away from the center than us). Either way, you guys know they are quality players so it wouldn't be to much interesting to focus on their strength. Control the northern center of the world with roughly a third of 44/54.

The only thing, I really have against them is the circumstances in which our war (I'm in Hell Hounds academy) started. The same player that instigated the war (Predator56) is in their alliance, and he's whole purpose of starting the war was chasing down lone player, (DaveA8) who was alone, before joining HT after Predator started pestering him with attacks and urging others to do so even after joining HT. When we obviously didn't want to instigate a fight that we knew was inevitable, Predator left, and as many members called it eventually joined HT, only for war to popup a week later, and us realizing nearly ever island Predator was on in 44 (since most of his cities were originally in our area), also had DaveA8 located on it. Not saying anything,
EmwTz0lpxeQjgL6R0Rnn-Nh0pgcEXmGBvX_3be6ugXUpGenJ9el7_lhEtBZY3If5z8eFzQToXH4y1bnBz5cQcBYEMcf5UkCAQ7ePVvlKbm6kfsLd2PCi5rqtWCaiycxy6oTu8N6q
but it felt like we were being played. ("This is just me being salty").

But this point is mute because, I have played with/against Thizzle before (I think his alliance was called NOOBS and he just happened to be in my alliance in another world), although I doubt he remembers me, and I know that their was never a need to declare war on anybody. If Grepolis is still the old school Grepolis I left, alliances, could declare war just because the grapes they bought in RL were expired, let alone an actual reason like an alliance attacking them. Either way they are a great group of players, and their's no point denying that.

SWIM

2. True Fear/Phoenix Blade- 7.9 million points. PB- 2.3 million points
I have actually played in their alliance before (Was called Lost Boys back then if I remember correctly), great guys although this world has given them a serious beating. They control much of their original 45, and have the most control of any single core ocean. Phoenix Blade i'm completely unsure of their relation to TF, but it seems like they are very close if TF hasn't started taking their cities en-masse by now. While they have been taking massive losses. This means the world is a bit more competitive than previously thought. TF might get completely shut out of 44, but it's only a crisis if they start losing dozens of cities in 45. If they can hold the line, they can allow themselves, and other's around the world to slowly catch up, which will in turn make the world a bit more interesting. Control 45/35.

They have a big chance with much smaller, but up and coming Mercenaries, who are growing gangbusters , and are likely to become the fourth alliance in the race for Domination, If these guys can successful takeover Mercenaries in the South, as well as slowly merging Phoenix Blade into True Fear they may surprise the world.

SWIM

3. NONAME/Infinite Army- 6.4 million points. IW- 2.1 million points.
The smallest of the big three, core alliances. Their currently in the most interesting war in the world against Nightmares of Elysium. Their winning 2:1 (70-36) but that is still by far the closest war score between major alliances. in terms of size differences, it's massive, but they are really 2 different, alliances, with Infinity War losing slightly to NOE and NONAME dominating their side of the war. They at this point will win their war, which will help bolster them and put them in a position, if they push to challenge Hug This. I don't know their team, but if they can takeover NOE in 55 and manage Mercenaries to the south they can slowly catch up to the other top three alliances.

SWIM

4. Mercenaries- 3.2 million points.
Their core is the very definition of patchy, they are currently in between several rim alliances, which are several times smaller than them, this is a positive, but they are also close to NONAME and True Fear and are hitting IW who may or may not be affiliated with NONAME. These guys should have the easiest cruise to the top of they manage to grow in 45 and maintain their presence in 55 and 46 they can form a core at the corner that is 45/46/55/56 and dominate the two rim oceans with relative ease. all they need to do is let the alliances in 46 grow fat, build a solid core for them and then take it all, similar to how they took over 56. They'll soon be as strong as at least NONAME.

SWIM

DeletedUser54067

5. Hell Hounds- 2.6 million points.
My Alliance, no comment.

6. Nightmares of Elysium- 2.5 million points. My guess originally was that NOE would steamroll Infinity War and then they would be able to compete more evenly with NONAME, but their core for some reason is in 55 next to NONAME's which means once, their core is in contention, they will either have to rebuild a new one somewhere on the rim or face being ran over by Infinity War outside in 65/64/54. I want to believe in these guys staying strong, but they are in the most precarious position if they don't strengthen themselves in 64/65. I know Domination doesn't favor rim alliances too much but, their core ebign on the edge of their alliance will and has led to them taking a beating from NONAME, and has made the Infinite Army much more trouble than it would have been if it was a truly mano y mano fight. If they move to the rim and take a defensive position in their core oceans they should be able to steamroll IA in 65/64.

FLOAT

7. Crusaders- 1.5 million points.
They need to continuing growing and they'll quickly prosper as an alliance, they have Hug This as a border in 54, which basically limits growth there but 43 and 53 are basically free reign for them. The main problem they'll have is fighting the more numerous Old Guard, who is basically just as powerful as them and seems to be winning 2-0 in an early war. They have Old Man. in their ranks and let's just say the only reason I have a crown is because of what he and others have done. He is easily one of the top 5 players I have ever played with, and this is with 6+ Grep years under my belt, and me rarely ever joining a premade, meaning I have met hundreds of players and been in dozens of alliances. I can easily see these guys in the top 5, with their situation, essentially the Northern version of Mercenaries.

SWIM

8. Old Guard-
1.3 million points. They have been surprising to say the least. Their up 2-0 against Crusaders, when every Grepo rule ever made goes against this. They are currently dominating 53 and moving into 43, just North of the Crusaders in an arc. If they can cement themselves they, unlike The Crusaders may never have to deal with Hug this which will give them a boost. They also have lots of easy takes on the rim, and as a result should be growing very fast as well, I assume them and Crusaders will duke it out for their two oceans, but with the threat from Hug This very real two rim alliances fighting, and possibly to a stalemate would be more disastrous than just ignoring each other for now.

SWIM

9. Alpha Centauri- 1.1 million points.
Their basically too small to matter in the grander scheme of things, both Phoenix Blade and Mercenaries will have an interest in them, and while they control 46 and have a presence in 56 and 45, they will have a long road ahead with much stronger alliances focusing on them after Those Guys collapsed. They can grow quickly on the rim, and if they survive for the next few weeks to month they just might come out a strong alliance but the cards their dealt with don't look good in the long run.

FLOAT

Outside of the Top 9-11 alliances, non of the other alliances matter in anyway as they don't control any real territory or even a third of an ocean.
I grouped together IA with NONAME because of their war with NOE, and the fact that their core is very mixed albeit IA is more in the rim than NONAME, their either close allies or the same alliance. I doubt this because the Mercenaries have 10 cities on IA and NONAME at least score wise doesn't seem to be doing much about it.

I grouped together PB and TF because of the player at the top of PB was part of TF for a long time, and they are the second biggest alliance in 45, with many shared islands with TF, and war isn't happening their even though it is standard when your losing a war with an alliance to take on the smaller alliances around you. They could be allies but I seriously doubt it, especially with someone posting TF "wants an alliance to cover their backside" and this is exactly what PB does. The only things that casts a bit of doubt in my mind is their isn't many takes between PB and TF which may just mean their close allies and Mercenaries have yet to take a city from PB and vice versa.

Either way if their truly two different alliances, i'll separate them in my next Top 12.

DeletedUser29314

Wonderful read .. the best top 12 I have read in a long time .. you took the time to put alot of information and stats in it .. my hat is off to you :cool:

DeletedUser29314

Great Top 12 :) Not sure where Alpha Centauri's loyalties lie now that Order and Chaos are gone. Maybe they are also aligned with PB and TF now?

And i know this is the wrong thread but more compliments to Hug This for putting up with Predator. An almighty pain in the backside.

At least he is their pain and not ours :D

DeletedUser48696

Honestly, I'd rather he took 30 cities than have to listen to him every day. Our health is worth more than the cities lol

He's also said he bought 40k gold to fight us so I'll be disappointed if he doesn't take more!

DeletedUser54067

Honestly, I'd rather he took 30 cities than have to listen to him every day. Our health is worth more than the cities lol
Yeah, don't want to bring up other world's but reminiscent of how Heres20BucksKillMe in Side has been in all of the top alliances essentially, but he is the #1 player. This guy is much worse, the disrespect he showed leaders and his refusal to communicate in readable English. (I type terribly, if I say so myself/ but while I don't wan to rag on his communication skills too much I have met Korean teams and Greek teams that communicate better) and the complete refusal to follow any of the leader's info and insult leaders in some cases negates how good of a player he actually is, we were bearing with him because he was the biggest guy in our alliance and a great attacker, but in all honesty even if we are salty we dodged a bullet in the long run that could have caused internal damage to our alliance. Maybe his attacking everything and ignoring leader direction mentality fits better with the top alliance as him attacking and not following leaders has much less repercussions since y'all hold the cards, but for us if we still had him, no doubt we would be fighting Hug This, True Fear/Phoenix Blade and The Crusaders at the same time and we might be having an internal war as well, and while this may not be a problem for an alliance that is a Premade it is a much bigger problem for an alliance where only a few of us know each other. I also though this attitude was trolling after he joined Hug This and it's what led me to believe that he may have been a mole, trying to cause discord, but as y'all clarified it would have happened anyway.

I say this as someone who only recently joined the alliance, and a non-leader, so had literally a few days contact with him.

I won't talk about him anymore in terms of personal skills, as it's bad to be negative towards other people but

tl;dr terrible first impression.

DeletedUser54192

Nice Top 12, @Ponini21. As @1saaa pointed out, it was only really a matter of time until a war broke out given the proximity; Thizzle's attitude towards other alliances (at least from my experience), is that it's a question of when to attack them, rather than whether to do so.

Yeah, don't want to bring up other world's but reminiscent of how Heres20BucksKillMe in Side has been in all of the top alliances essentially, but he is the #1 player. This guy is much worse, the disrespect he showed leaders and his refusal to communicate in readable English. (I type terribly, if I say so myself/ but while I don't wan to rag on his communication skills too much I have met Korean teams and Greek teams that communicate better) and the complete refusal to follow any of the leader's info and insult leaders in some cases negates how good of a player he actually is, we were bearing with him because he was the biggest guy in our alliance and a great attacker, but in all honesty even if we are salty we dodged a bullet in the long run that could have caused internal damage to our alliance. Maybe his attacking everything and ignoring leader direction mentality fits better with the top alliance as him attacking and not following leaders has much less repercussions since y'all hold the cards, but for us if we still had him, no doubt we would be fighting Hug This, True Fear/Phoenix Blade and The Crusaders at the same time and we might be having an internal war as well, and while this may not be a problem for an alliance that is a Premade it is a much bigger problem for an alliance where only a few of us know each other. I also though this attitude was trolling after he joined Hug This and it's what led me to believe that he may have been a mole, trying to cause discord, but as y'all clarified it would have happened anyway.

I say this as someone who only recently joined the alliance, and a non-leader, so had literally a few days contact with him.

I won't talk about him anymore in terms of personal skills, as it's bad to be negative towards other people but

tl;dr terrible first impression.
I am nr 1 try to take my headband