New User Interface Discussion Thread

DeletedUser42857

The small buttons look terrible on my setup, i guess the designers at inno all have huge clear monitors.

Actually, totally the other way around. ;)

Im on 1366x768 and it looks absolutely perfect, everything is just the right size.
I believe it has been optimised for 1024x displays so if you have a smaller monitor at 1024x it will look just dandy (allegedly)

On a big monitor im figuring it will be awful. Looking at the css most of the text sizes are fixed at around 10px to 12px, which on a 1024 monitor is pretty much perfect, on a large display 10px is far too small to the point of being unreadable.

So I would say that Inno have tested on 1024x786 and 1366x768 and NOT tested on larger monitors.

This is the problem with the web now, for years we tailored sites to work at 800x600, then we optimised them for 1024, then gradually we started optimising them for 1280 and higher. NOw with so many people using tablets and mobile devices theres almost been a reverse, and once more 1024 is back in fashion. Of course the answer is proportional and responsive websites, with elements adjusting themselves to the size of your screen, but then, isnt that what the zoom button in your browser is for ;)

This is why its common now for websites to have huge blocky fonts, and massive blocks of colour. Keeps the large monitor guys happy whilst also looking great on tablet.

DeletedUser

The worst thing is that you can't calculate the travel time of a unit that you don't have in the city! For the rest it's "not so bad" but will need a lot of time to get used to :(

DeletedUser

I can get used to the new layout no problem, it'll take a bit of getting used to but change happens thats it lol

Is it just me though or does this version have way more script?

My PC seems to be feeling the strain a little more than before with the other version? Moving between cities, Opening forum tabs etc seems to be dragging a bit more. Is it the case that there's more running in the background?

DeletedUser

it's this:
7-day login reward will be completely removed, thus you will not see it in this design.

Which means I need to use my 100% resource bonus soon :) I've had it sitting for over 2 months.

What you mean you had it sitting for over 2 months? Its not a thing you put in the inventory is it?

DeletedUser42857

What you mean you had it sitting for over 2 months? Its not a thing you put in the inventory is it?

No you just ignore it and dont claim it and it sits there for, well, ever. Some leave it there until they have a nice big warehouse to get the best value from it.

DeletedUser

I can get used to the new layout no problem, it'll take a bit of getting used to but change happens thats it lol

Is it just me though or does this version have way more script?

My PC seems to be feeling the strain a little more than before with the other version? Moving between cities, Opening forum tabs etc seems to be dragging a bit more. Is it the case that there's more running in the background?

i think this will get better as things get polished, also you might have to resave to local memory.

DeletedUser

No you just ignore it and dont claim it and it sits there for, well, ever. Some leave it there until they have a nice big warehouse to get the best value from it.

Ah right lol, Nah i'd rather get more every night, suppose it might come in handy in a pickle but i claim that baby every night man!

i think this will get better as things get polished, also you might have to resave to local memory.

Awsome man thanks, i was thinking time for a new computer! lol

DeletedUser25660

I personally like the interface.. esp., those drop-down arrows, are very helpful to show/hide menus. The position of the city at the middle is logical, and the addition of 2 free quick access toolbar (Barracks/Harbor) is very handy!

Some questions/feedback

- Why Innogames did not make the menus be movable- for customization? say I want the God to be on top left instead of top right?
- Why are the menus not resizable? Many are complaining about icons being small...the option to resize was available in last interface..
- Why Innogames did not make an option to switch to old interface?

DeletedUser42857

Works fine here, plenty fast in

Chrome
Opera 15
Opera 12
Safari
On a 20mb connection, if anything its a bit quicker generally than the old interface but switching between cities is slower (like a lot slower).

Firefox its a bit scrappy, but thats as much FF's fault as anything.

Internet Exploder.. dont bother testing with that.

DeletedUser

the new interface is god awful simply for the fact that incomming attacks are barely visible or discernable,, no more flashing red swords that warned you of imminent danger,, now all you get is a tiny little x that turns red with a tiny little number in it... whatever else is good or bad in the interface simply does not matter... the incomming attack warning was important to evry player let u know of danger..

a major epic fail on the part of innogames and interface designers.. if you guys were stage actors you'd get the hook.. if you were trash,, you stank up the joint.. if you were food,, it spoiled and went rotten... horrible horrible horrible.. ruined a great game.. thanks for the effort, i am of the opinion you guys screwed this interface up intentionally just so you would then a have a job fixing it

DeletedUser25660

1. Icons for "City View" and "Jump to Current City" should be beside the city.
2. Great layout, drop down arrows are a great addition!
3. Same as 2!
4. 2 X buttons?? Sometimes, only one them of works,
5. Important icons and fonts... too small
6. New layout, over all is pretty, but the overview from premium, well, they could look better (to match the new layout).

DeletedUser24626

hello, I have some input towards game play with this new interface, based from personal observation.

1. The city group window, is inferior to the old interface, as only a small amount of cities are viewable per box. At almost every point you must scroll to find the city you want.

2. Moving from city to city with the top arrows, next to the city names, is very slow. Takes several seconds for the view to change to next city.

3. Switching between spells, and troops on the right side below the god pictures, is very slow too, sometimes it doesn't even change at all. (Suggestions, for harbors and barracks, have a drop down tab to cast spells in the same window. I only suggest this, cause with this new interface it is so annoying to try and click the spells you want on the side below the gods)

4. When renaming a city, if you just want to add something on the front of your city name. The cursor jumps to the end of the city name after you type 1 character, forcing you to place the cursor back to where you were editing the city name at.

I am sure some other parts of this new interface, will bother other people, but this is the things that bother me constantly while I am logged in playing.

DeletedUser

Again Grepo managed to screw things up, unbelievable. Who design this interface? 3 year old kid could have done better job, everything is small, to get from one city to another takes few seconds, everything is lagging. I just wish all players would protest and go into VM. Lets see how these incompetent buffoons will react.

DeletedUser

Fix the lag.. I dont care weather or not you want to ruin the display as most people liked it before. But if it lags and screws people over... Its wrecking the game.

DeletedUser32373

I still like the very first layout the most............

DeletedUser

2. Moving from city to city with the top arrows, next to the city names, is very slow. Takes several seconds for the view to change to next city.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
End else. If You are building troops and ships - now You can not see time of end this building. And in old interface You were able to see this. And also it was sorting by ending time and now - not.

DeletedUser39031

I like it, all these people complaining should use all the features not just one. You don't need big flashing swords if you get a notification.
It's moving forward and that is what you want with a game like this.

DeletedUser37456

Menu is still too small. It also causes problems with computers.
Also groups are not working properly. When I select a city from a group and click the arrow, I expect the next city from the same group, but I usually get a next in alphabetical order one.
New layout maybe interesting and made to be useful, but when it is not working as it should, I prefer the old one.

DeletedUser

I like it, all these people complaining should use all the features not just one. You don't need big flashing swords if you get a notification.
It's moving forward and that is what you want with a game like this.

Everyone hates it and you like it, shows that you are a noob.