New world Georgious discussion thread.

Hydna

Grepolis Team
On May 10th a new world Georgios will open its gates for battle. This will be conquest Olympus with the new artifacts. Please feel free to discuss here.

World settings:
  • Game speed: 2
  • Unit speed: 2
  • Trade speed: 2
  • Beginners protection: 7 Days
  • Alliance limit: 35
  • Conquer system: Conquest
  • City Foundation Time: 12 Hours
  • Conquest Duration: 12 hours
  • Morale: active
  • Endgame: Olympus
  • Artifact: The Silver Karanthos

Time111

Peltast
How can these settings be even possible?

The last world = Conquest, the one before = Revolt, the one before = Conquest.
With this new one you just copied World Dokos from January 2022 with same speed, system etc.

I am disappointed. Was hopeing for a Revolt world... I thought you guys do Revolt and Conquest one after the other!?

These settings make no sense to me. What do you guys think?
The new one should be a faster Revolt world. Since we had 1 slower Conquest one with Dokos, slow to medium Revolt with Elasa and the last one higher speed Conquest with Falkonera. And now you go back to slow Conquest instead of fast Revolt. I don't understand.

world.jpg

kingpg28

Phrourach
How can these settings be even possible?

The last world = Conquest, the one before = Revolt, the one before = Conquest.
With this new one you just copied World Dokos from January 2022 with same speed, system etc.

I am disappointed. Was hopeing for a Revolt world... I thought you guys do Revolt and Conquest one after the other!?

These settings make no sense to me. What do you guys think?
The new one should be a faster Revolt world. Since we had 1 slower Conquest one with Dokos, slow to medium Revolt with Elasa and the last one higher speed Conquest with Falkonera. And now you go back to slow Conquest instead of fast Revolt. I don't understand.

View attachment 16205

also your opinion is pretty irrelevant tbh

BadMutzzy

Hekatontarch
Hang on, you guys did NOT drop the same Olympus settings as the last Oly world. Let me guess, Hydna is going to drop a premade again, lose and Olympus is going to be shelved for another 2 years citing balance, isn't it?
OMG! You're so smart. Where did you get so much brain?
Like, you complaining that they lost? What if they were winning? You were saying that she dropped it to win another one? So sick of small people always commenting about everything.
And BTW, never liked mods especially and Hydna banned me for the city name. So, don't you dare to start explaining me nothing.

Back2Basics

Chiliarch
OMG! You're so smart. Where did you get so much brain?
Like, you complaining that they lost? What if they were winning? You were saying that she dropped it to win another one? So sick of small people always commenting about everything.
And BTW, never liked mods especially and Hydna banned me for the city name. So, don't you dare to start explaining me nothing.
I'm glad the grepolis community has a humanoid warning label as to why you shouldn't eat lead paint!

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Unfortunately we can't do such high speed worlds anymore as the game can't handle the incredibly higher number of commands that such a high speed world would have. To my knowledge Inno's stance on such high speed worlds hasn't changed recently.

VIRTUALSELF

Phrourach
Unfortunately we can't do such high speed worlds anymore as the game can't handle the incredibly higher number of commands that such a high speed world would have. To my knowledge Inno's stance on such high speed worlds hasn't changed recently.
While we are at it, any news from INNO on the server merge thing? The servers are dying faster than ever, arent you seeing the same thing as us players??? Look at en140, highest domination % cause of no one fucking playing, EN141 dead after 2 weeks, EN142 dead after 2 months..... The servers are dying if not already dead

Now you announce EN144 which i can guarantee you will go down as the most irrelevant and empty server to date on .EN

Thanks so much for the speedy reply Baudin—I did a little research afterwards and realized that they've said this in the past. I guess I'm hopeful that a change to that stance could be motivated.

But I get this game is part of a business, and maybe part of it is that a few dollar entry fee from a thousand people (not all that many played back in 2012) is worth the strain it puts on the servers. If higher speed worlds ever come up in your talks with Inno, maybe note to them that while the actual entry fee may not be incredibly lucrative, it could be a great way to get some old players re-interested in the game. I imagine the profit from such players playing another world or two after the speed world would be much more lucrative than the world itself, and I think because of how long this game has been around at this point, you might see more return for such a special event than you would think (if it was properly publicized, at least).

I'd even recommend (not that I'm some sort of expert) only making one such speed world available across all servers, probably on en since it's the "international" server (although the beta server is an interesting alternative, as Inno already says to expect bugs there, so players would go into it understanding there may be problems). I imagine this might successfully encourage players whose servers are dying to come play on a larger server, rather than quit the game altogether.

My unsolicited opinion anyways :)

Jonas

Hoplite
I like the new World settings, I think most players prefer conquest over revolt and the lower speed favors the entry of veteran players, the only thing that I would change would be a shorter conquest time and maybe a night bonus