New world Georgious discussion thread.

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Are Portal Temples identifiable from the start? And the advantages Small Temples give? Can we see it or we have to wait untill Small Temples Stage?
Yes they are visible on the map when you log in so you can plan from the start but you can't attack them.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
It'll open at some point during office hours in Germany on the 10th. Beyond that we aren't able to be more specific as it's not a set time.

Sorin Markov

Phrourach
I don't like people just trashing the mods who don't even have much of a say in this, and I recognize that variety is needed, but also these settings are just bad.
As has been pointed out, high-speed worlds are less common than low-speeds. I personally have been waiting for a high-speed revolt world with no morale (preferably WW) for... About 2 years, I think. The last world I took interest in was EN129. I've been forced to settle for a 3/2 with morale and it's agonizingly slow and morale makes would-be trivial attacks unexpectedly costly for no good reason.
I think a return of community polls for worlds would be a good idea. That way, people get what they want and we don't get (as many) EN141s while still having a justifiable answer as to why there are no low-speed worlds. I may not get my revolt world, since conquest is far more popular, but we would get worlds where I can send attacks further than same-island and have it land within a week.

VIRTUALSELF

Phrourach
I think a return of community polls for worlds would be a good idea. That way, people get what they want and we don't get (as many) EN141s while still having a justifiable answer as to why there are no low-speed worlds. I may not get my revolt world, since conquest is far more popular, but we would get worlds where I can send attacks further than same-island and have it land within a week.
This is an incredibly bad idea tbh even though it sounds okay
You forget who uses externals and who actually spends time on voting. The vote will be skewed because externals are dominated by people who likes faster speeds and not so many casual players.

Also, faster speeds is not a solution to end dead servers, EN138 was fast, revolt and domination, it still went down as an incredibly boring server

BadDecisions

Hipparchus
OMG! You're so smart. Where did you get so much brain?
Like, you complaining that they lost? What if they were winning? You were saying that she dropped it to win another one? So sick of small people always commenting about everything.
And BTW, never liked mods especially and Hydna banned me for the city name. So, don't you dare to start explaining me nothing.
You liked me ;)

Tymko

Hoplite
These whiners here always complain. Just play the new server or don't. I like Olympus so I'll give it a go when I find spare time. It sure beats Domination which is a bs game ending to begin with.

Most, if not all Dom worlds have been won by vet golder premades dropping in from day 1 and establishing themselves a large core in central oceans. Such a team pretty much has the server won if they stay active and communicative till last stand starts. How many times have you seen top Dom team entering final stage being defeated? Almost never happens. And those on the rim are playing for nothing.
Olympus and WW are way better And rim teams got a shot at winning.

Speed 2 is slightly too slow, 3 is better but 6 is for nutbars.
Morale sucks but is a good thing too. Let's you take it more easy, especially when playing multiple servers, haning a life outside the game. Morale protects you against insane golders with 3x or more cities than you got, and importantly, let's new players grow and learn the game.

So just clamp down Story Time and you other cash spending grepo addicts that can spend 20h a day on the game cos you're well off and got no families or full time jobs and just play or do not.

In the end We are all addicts and fans of this game here and love to grep, so I see no sense in arguing about server settings... except speed 1 - that's unplayable imo.

Back2Basics

Chiliarch
These whiners here always complain. Just play the new server or don't. I like Olympus so I'll give it a go when I find spare time. It sure beats Domination which is a bs game ending to begin with.

Most, if not all Dom worlds have been won by vet golder premades dropping in from day 1 and establishing themselves a large core in central oceans. Such a team pretty much has the server won if they stay active and communicative till last stand starts. How many times have you seen top Dom team entering final stage being defeated? Almost never happens. And those on the rim are playing for nothing.
Olympus and WW are way better And rim teams got a shot at winning.

Speed 2 is slightly too slow, 3 is better but 6 is for nutbars.
Morale sucks but is a good thing too. Let's you take it more easy, especially when playing multiple servers, haning a life outside the game. Morale protects you against insane golders with 3x or more cities than you got, and importantly, let's new players grow and learn the game.

So just clamp down Story Time and you other cash spending grepo addicts that can spend 20h a day on the game cos you're well off and got no families or full time jobs and just play or do not.

In the end We are all addicts and fans of this game here and love to grep, so I see no sense in arguing about server settings... except speed 1 - that's unplayable imo.
a rim team has NO chance at Oly, the best timing team will ALWAYS win....

same as dom, same was wonders, it's almost like the best team on any given world will always win regardless of endgame

Jonas

Hoplite
I've seen teams come from the rim and compete for Worlds, of course that was before the tendency for players to go all out to jump into other alliances. Often they found and lead alliances that only serve to promote themselves and a few friends that later join the "enemies" destroying cores and organisation and any possibility of resisting.

I have already proposed to introduce some mechanism to difficult those actions , but it´s players that decide how to play the game .Go about your business waiting for the opportunity to jump into a bigger alliance or do everything possible to help the group? As long as the trend is the first hypothesis, we will have worlds in which the best "teams" are those that have been fed this way.

The leaders of these winning alliances only legitimately take advantage of this fact. Everything is correct and within the rules, whoever finds it wrong, better analyze the people you join with next time.

Sorin Markov

Phrourach
This is an incredibly bad idea tbh even though it sounds okay
You forget who uses externals and who actually spends time on voting. The vote will be skewed because externals are dominated by people who likes faster speeds and not so many casual players.

Also, faster speeds is not a solution to end dead servers, EN138 was fast, revolt and domination, it still went down as an incredibly boring server
Inno has never catered to the casual player. This game is simply not made for someone to play casually and succeed. The closest thing to that is those worlds where you have one city that can't be lost.
Yes, we'd mostly get fast worlds, because that's what people want.

Invoker007

Taxiarch
This 30 minutes for gold marketing sucks. Whether slow or fast, 20 minutes time-frame is I think perfect for everyone.

Dyrgos

Lochagos
I like slower worlds. Gives everyone the time to learn and grow. i've been in fast world and i hate it. The moment you get out of your shield you getting taken over.