New World Settings Poll Part 2

What settings should the new world have?

• Conquest

Votes: 96 63.2%
  • Revolt

Votes: 51 33.6%
  • World Wonders

Votes: 62 40.8%
  • Domination

Votes: 72 47.4%
  • Alliance Cap 25

Votes: 50 32.9%
  • Alliance Cap 30

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Alliance Cap 35

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Alliance Cap 40

Votes: 83 54.6%
  • Morale Active

Votes: 35 23.0%
  • Morale Inactive

Votes: 109 71.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen Shadow

Lochagos
Alternatively just get a good group of players together and make one alliance that sweeps the simmers with a warscore of 1000-80
Yeah, but everyone who gets 40 good players together ends up starting wings. That’s how good intentions become MRA. Start well under the cap so you have room to pick up a few good players or small group without making a sister alliance.

MasterSpy

Chiliarch
easy solution...high alliance cap if not unlimited, no pacts or shared forums, bring back LMD sieges, not just for ghosts.

StoryTime

Lochagos
You need to make the cap 25 for this to even be competitive. Less likely people all group together if they get nothing in the end from a 25 capped alliance vs a 40. I just witnessed the most dead world of my 12 year experience in this game on en141. These worlds are not what they were even 1-2 years ago at this point when 40 caps were considered small or normal. There are barely any teams dropping as players continue to quit out entirely, causing no competition and flat out dead worlds to form. Alliance cap wont fix all the issues, but i can assure you it can at least help.

Worlds only have like 50-75 players who use alarms anymore, at least split that into 3 competitive alliances vs having it as 1 alliance + a second wing, might make people plan more about who they drop with if they want any chance at end game rewards.

And merge the servers already, if you keep bleeding people out of this game with worlds like 141/142 with 0 competition hug fests just based on the pure lack of player base, logic says its going to dwindle to 0. Going to be like playing a spanish world pretty soon.

Here's the thing, Pandas/Ghosts/Rabbits, BWN/RR, BZC, BTS, OV/RT, Meme Machines/Meme Maracas, whatever other group you can think of, etc. For the most part, aren't going to fight each other because of the cap. The majority of these teams have played together for half a decade or more at this point. You'd just be getting the illusion of a more competitive world from an outside glance, but in reality all of these groups would make their branches, trade cities for dom, and you'd just have a longer waiting time. With the overwhelming majority of worlds still having the team that would have won anyways, win the world.

"But at least less people win"
Personally, it doesn't matter to me if it doesn't change the actual outcome of a world or make it more dynamic. Its weird to me that people will argue over a cap, but not demand that Inno actually attempt to grow this game again. At least if they did that, a 25 cap would have a greater impact. As of right now, caps are pointless and they may as well just scrap them as a concept so alliances can just be straight up about their numbers.

Wlod

Hipparchus
If you really wanna do this cap thing, do it 15 man ally cap and dom score needed to start with 25%. I don't think there would be big difference between 25 and 40 with the same dom score.

By doing 15 man alliances you will effectively force the premade teams to split up and compete with each other. Fairly confident that in each premade more than 30 would be interested to go after the swords.

If you split that interest into 2 you will likely create some juicy drama or action, maybe both.

High Dom score needed is also a reason why alliances do sisters / MRA / Pacts. They just skim of the top players across pacts / sisters to form the main team when dom starts

Low cap + Low Dom score needed will make it possible for every team to have a realistic chance of moving the their Ally DOM ranking significantly after Dom starts with few CQs / OPs.

Also I would slow down the decay of Dom % needed after Dom period starts. Also start the Dom period faster maybe after 1 or 2 months depending on speed.

Pre Dom - 1 to 2 months
After Dom - 2 to 3 months

Just my 2 cents, fully aware that this will fall on deaf ears like usual ;)

Zen Shadow

Lochagos
If you really wanna do this cap thing, do it 15 man ally cap and dom score needed to start with 25%. I don't think there would be big difference between 25 and 40 with the same dom score.

By doing 15 man alliances you will effectively force the premade teams to split up and compete with each other. Fairly confident that in each premade more than 30 would be interested to go after the swords.

If you split that interest into 2 you will likely create some juicy drama or action, maybe both.

High Dom score needed is also a reason why alliances do sisters / MRA / Pacts. They just skim of the top players across pacts / sisters to form the main team when dom starts

Low cap + Low Dom score needed will make it possible for every team to have a realistic chance of moving the their Ally DOM ranking significantly after Dom starts with few CQs / OPs.

Also I would slow down the decay of Dom % needed after Dom period starts. Also start the Dom period faster maybe after 1 or 2 months depending on speed.

Pre Dom - 1 to 2 months
After Dom - 2 to 3 months

Just my 2 cents, fully aware that this will fall on deaf ears like usual ;)
Yeah, 141 is already 50% of Dom area by Rampant. Still 6 months until Dom starts and all they have to do is internal their sister to get to 40% at start of Dom. Server is over already due to MRA play.

A small alliance cap and maybe 2 months until Dom from start of server would help make it competitive and if you limit alliances to no more than 2 pacts and 2 tab shares, you could force these hugging cannibals to stop overrecruiting and actually play the game…

kingpg28

Phrourach
on a good note 3 markets are merging to EN, so we might see 10-15 more active players a server almost enough to fill half a ally… competition starting to grow

MasterSpy

Chiliarch
- People would just use discord.
- LMDs ruined the dynamics of a world. It just became about recruiting a couple of good ones and letting them do the work.
not everyone uses discord and that's so not true about LMD's. they cant do much or anything on their own. You still need a decent squad behind them for support and to protect them as well as strategizing where to place etc. So you either have a no moral world or a moral world with LMD's included.

Zen Shadow

Lochagos
not everyone uses discord and that's so not true about LMD's. they cant do much or anything on their own. You still need a decent squad behind them for support and to protect them as well as strategizing where to place etc. So you either have a no moral world or a moral world with LMD's included.
Agreed. I’m not a fan of discord. It discourages proper alliance forum posting and you come online to help and have to scroll back 20 memes to find details on the current CS since the discord players don’t bother to post a CQ thread in their alliance Off tab…. Discord is used by active MRA players mostly. Usually, half or more of the group isn’t on discord…

Back2Basics

Chiliarch
Agreed. I’m not a fan of discord. It discourages proper alliance forum posting and you come online to help and have to scroll back 20 memes to find details on the current CS since the discord players don’t bother to post a CQ thread in their alliance Off tab…. Discord is used by active MRA players mostly. Usually, half or more of the group isn’t on discord…

1647364648711.png

stupid mra discord users they should be more like tbc and use forums

VIRTUALSELF

Phrourach
It would be extremely easy to fix the problem with people just creating branches if the cap is small.

1. Remove all of the irrelevant artifacts, and just have them being the warehouse, favour and hero coins ones. Or even better, remove the artifacts lol, no one ever asked for them and they feel kinda unnecessary, it's just one more setting people will join or not join a server for

2. Remove crown rotation feature in WW

3. Make dom era start WAY earlier, making other teams aware that an alliance is heading for victory rather than it coming as a surprise
(trust me this happens, 4th-10th ranked alliances often don't realize who's currently in the lead)

Kosti

Phrourach
Discord is used by premades? Every single top tier alliance their main method of communication and planning is discord. You're just one of them oldies who doenst even know how to use discord. Forums are a lot more chaotic, you usually have to wait for other people's answers while discord is a lot quicker.
MRA's use the forums more lol

MasterSpy

Chiliarch
It would be extremely easy to fix the problem with people just creating branches if the cap is small.

1. Remove all of the irrelevant artifacts, and just have them being the warehouse, favour and hero coins ones. Or even better, remove the artifacts lol, no one ever asked for them and they feel kinda unnecessary, it's just one more setting people will join or not join a server for

2. Remove crown rotation feature in WW

3. Make dom era start WAY earlier, making other teams aware that an alliance is heading for victory rather than it coming as a surprise
(trust me this happens, 4th-10th ranked alliances often don't realize who's currently in the lead)
with new ww settings i dont think much rotation will be going on. i agree on the other 2 points though

1saaa

Strategos
I really don't get this clamour for a smaller alliance cap. Putting a 50 player alliance across two separate alliances doesn't matter when they share all forums.

Cancelling shared forums removes a key aspect of this game, and it will punish rim teams more than premades, because rim teams filled with casual players don't use discord or skype like any premade will.

It just completely fails as an idea after any real thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.