New World Settings Poll Part 2

What settings should the new world have?

• Conquest

Votes: 96 63.2%
  • Revolt

Votes: 51 33.6%
  • World Wonders

Votes: 62 40.8%
  • Domination

Votes: 72 47.4%
  • Alliance Cap 25

Votes: 50 32.9%
  • Alliance Cap 30

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Alliance Cap 35

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Alliance Cap 40

Votes: 83 54.6%
  • Morale Active

Votes: 35 23.0%
  • Morale Inactive

Votes: 109 71.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvidaan

Phrourach
I really don't get this clamour for a smaller alliance cap. Putting a 50 player alliance across two separate alliances doesn't matter when they share all forums.

Cancelling shared forums removes a key aspect of this game, and it will punish rim teams more than premades, because rim teams filled with casual players don't use discord or skype like any premade will.

It just completely fails as an idea after any real thought.

The point is that with no rotation in Dom and Olympus and with now a reduced chance for rotation in wonders, there is little to no incentive to be in the second wing of that mra/two wing alliance.

The logistics of them communicating isn’t and hasn’t ever been the reason we’re advocating a low alliance cap, it’s the incentivising to fight between alliances rather than pact. It’s based off the assumption that players will play towards their own selfish ends for a win.

1saaa

Strategos
The point is that with no rotation in Dom and Olympus and with now a reduced chance for rotation in wonders, there is little to no incentive to be in the second wing of that mra/two wing alliance.

The logistics of them communicating isn’t and hasn’t ever been the reason we’re advocating a low alliance cap, it’s the incentivising to fight between alliances rather than pact. It’s based off the assumption that players will play towards their own selfish ends for a win.
I like the idea in theory. I'm just not convinced it'll play out in practise. I've played a decent amount of grepo, and I think I've only ever seen the sister wing successfully revolt once, and that team had major divides in leadership that made a civil war inevitable.

I just really can't see what people are suggesting actually play out. I would love to be proved wrong though.

DirtyLooks

Hekatontarch
I really don't get this clamour for a smaller alliance cap. Putting a 50 player alliance across two separate alliances doesn't matter when they share all forums.

Cancelling shared forums removes a key aspect of this game, and it will punish rim teams more than premades, because rim teams filled with casual players don't use discord or skype like any premade will.

It just completely fails as an idea after any real thought.
Removing LMD and making 4k anchors is a sure fire way to kill rim teams.

Zen Shadow

Lochagos
Discord is used by premades? Every single top tier alliance their main method of communication and planning is discord. You're just one of them oldies who doenst even know how to use discord. Forums are a lot more chaotic, you usually have to wait for other people's answers while discord is a lot quicker.
MRA's use the forums more lol
I know how to use discord, I simply don’t like memes, constant sex jokes, and the random idiocy of discord players who spend more time memeing than actually playing the game. Meme spamming discord users are also the ones who spam in game attacks from 6 hours away at one hour intervals to harrass players into quitting. That’s because huggers don’t like active enemies. They prefer cannibalism of internals, so they spam enemies until they turn off alarm and let the spammer take a city. Sucks getting sniped don’t it! ;)

bugeyes10

Phrourach
I know how to use discord, I simply don’t like memes, constant sex jokes, and the random idiocy of discord players who spend more time memeing than actually playing the game. Meme spamming discord users are also the ones who spam in game attacks from 6 hours away at one hour intervals to harrass players into quitting. That’s because huggers don’t like active enemies. They prefer cannibalism of internals, so they spam enemies until they turn off alarm and let the spammer take a city. Sucks getting sniped don’t it! ;)
I have no idea how you jumped from spamming players into quitting, to simmers hate activity to getting sniped but okay go off. I do know that I have two certificates and a whole lot of memes that say spending more time memeing wins you worlds however.

Zen Shadow

Lochagos
I have no idea how you jumped from spamming players into quitting, to simmers hate activity to getting sniped but okay go off. I do know that I have two certificates and a whole lot of memes that say spending more time memeing wins you worlds however.
So, you reduce my logical breakdown of the psychology of MRA spam discord players to incoherent rambling, then proceed to defend your position by saying you have won worlds! IMO, you are exhibiting the same arrogance typically part of the psychological profile. You win worlds and are therefore a better player or person? My work is done here. The liars and trash talkers can have the external forum for now lols…. until I come back with more truth, logic, and common sense… (to quote Uncle Ted)

kingpg28

Phrourach
So, you reduce my logical breakdown of the psychology of MRA spam discord players to incoherent rambling, then proceed to defend your position by saying you have won worlds! IMO, you are exhibiting the same arrogance typically part of the psychological profile. You win worlds and are therefore a better player or person? My work is done here. The liars and trash talkers can have the external forum for now lols…. until I come back with more truth, logic, and common sense… (to quote Uncle Ted)

i be on discord all day and miss attacks on grepo cause im on discord but still a legend.. your point is invalid i be top 5 players cause of memes

MasterSpy

Chiliarch
i be on discord all day and miss attacks on grepo cause im on discord but still a legend.. your point is invalid i be top 5 players cause of memes
you're actually the most over rated player ive ever played with and against. keep convincing yourself otherwise though

Zen Shadow

Lochagos
This was adapted from a private discussion, but belongs on this external thread. Get back on topic folks! ;)

You see the discussions of game balance and game settings. There are two types of players.

The self serving MRA players want fast worlds so they don’t have to siege for 12 hours, no alliance cap so they can recruit everyone and just feed off inactive players, no morale so they can bully smaller players, more gold use so they can buy nukes all day long, and no limitations on spamming or pacting everyone.

The other type of players like me want medium speed 2-3 worlds, low alliance cap with limits on pacts and tab shares, morale active to punish bullies, limits on ability to buy the game with gold, and generally a more competitive culture in the game.

If Inno would stop catering to the MRA crown crowd and advertise again, the game could regain its lost glory. Advertising won’t help until they end the dominance of MRA MPA play by limiting alliance size and number of Pacts.

bugeyes10

Phrourach
This was adapted from a private discussion, but belongs on this external thread. Get back on topic folks! ;)

You see the discussions of game balance and game settings. There are two types of players.

The self serving MRA players want fast worlds so they don’t have to siege for 12 hours, no alliance cap so they can recruit everyone and just feed off inactive players, no morale so they can bully smaller players, more gold use so they can buy nukes all day long, and no limitations on spamming or pacting everyone.

The other type of players like me want medium speed 2-3 worlds, low alliance cap with limits on pacts and tab shares, morale active to punish bullies, limits on ability to buy the game with gold, and generally a more competitive culture in the game.

If Inno would stop catering to the MRA crown crowd and advertise again, the game could regain its lost glory. Advertising won’t help until they end the dominance of MRA MPA play by limiting alliance size and number of Pacts.
On the contrary, I and everyone else I play with would rather shoot themselves in the head than actually play a speed 2 world.

Edit: And if you think I can't bully you with one city and morale, you're wrong I can and I will. Morale is a trash gamemode.

bugeyes10

Phrourach
Also continuing on, idk what it's going to take to get you smooth brains to understand that limiting gold is never going to happen. Its like you forget that Inno is a company that wants to make money and limiting the thing that makes them money interferes with their bottom line.

kingpg28

Phrourach
safe to say this sounds like the group of “irrelevant” people, speed is not really a factor, i just dont like waiting 3 hours for a cs to land on the next island, i think the point of this thread at first was us pushing fir smaller ally cap and limiting pacts and shared tabs is useless and there is so many ways that can go wrong or not be able to be controlled properly. If you need morale to be good then odds are 1. you suck 2. your a simmer 3. you dont know where the attack button is and you cant get bp for slots to take cities, or 4. you cant time so you cant take cities so you just spam instead.

nothing annoys me more than people complaining about being able to buy gold, i will play you 100% free and take all your cities in less than a week, if you cant afford gold then find a different role, dont play frontlines and just build support in the core but gold usage has nothing to do with anything,

you gave a list of terrible ideas to help make the game easier for people that suck, just get better

Zen Shadow

Lochagos
Also continuing on, idk what it's going to take to get you smooth brains to understand that limiting gold is never going to happen. Its like you forget that Inno is a company that wants to make money and limiting the thing that makes them money interferes with their bottom line.
Not worried about being bullied. Happens every MRA server and I don’t care about pixels anyway. I find it highly amusing to snipe CSs coming from “superior” MRA players.
Regarding your take on money, that’s the same argument that you guys always make; the “we spend all the gold and Inno depends on us” argument is trite. Notice my proper use of a semicolon in that sentence. ;)
A proper analysis of spending on the game would reveal that Inno would make 10 times the money off of 20k small spenders on a server than they do by catering to a few big spenders on a 2k player server. The fact is, MRA players killed the game for all the reasons I enumerated above and the game won’t be popular until Inno limits the success of the MRA strategy by making it harder to do. I’d love to see you guys coordinate 6 or more alliances on discord with the ability to only have 2 pacts and 2 tab shares in game. You’d have to work a lot harder to maintain your inactive food supply. Hard work is not on your resume. You cannibalize your way to most every crown.

Zen Shadow

Lochagos
safe to say this sounds like the group of “irrelevant” people, speed is not really a factor, i just dont like waiting 3 hours for a cs to land on the next island, i think the point of this thread at first was us pushing fir smaller ally cap and limiting pacts and shared tabs is useless and there is so many ways that can go wrong or not be able to be controlled properly. If you need morale to be good then odds are 1. you suck 2. your a simmer 3. you dont know where the attack button is and you cant get bp for slots to take cities, or 4. you cant time so you cant take cities so you just spam instead.

nothing annoys me more than people complaining about being able to buy gold, i will play you 100% free and take all your cities in less than a week, if you cant afford gold then find a different role, dont play frontlines and just build support in the core but gold usage has nothing to do with anything,

you gave a list of terrible ideas to help make the game easier for people that suck, just get better
Wow, defending yourself much? I am actually limited by morale as one of the larger players on my server, but I think it helps smaller players not get bullied as much. I’m not arguing for my own interests unlike you. I’m actually arguing what would be best for the game.

kingpg28

Phrourach
Wow, defending yourself much? I am actually limited by morale as one of the larger players on my server, but I think it helps smaller players not get bullied as much. I’m not arguing for my own interests unlike you. I’m actually arguing what would be best for the game.

nah they just need to grow faster thats all there is to it

Status
Not open for further replies.