NEWS BULLETIN

• Thread starter DeletedUser54886
  • Start date

DeletedUser54850

Thanks to Heroes for handing us the WW.

Nope, splitting the coalition did nothing, REPO was on their knees before this happened and Imperium have been unable to combat Thermopylae effectively. HEROES have proven to be more than a match for you guys as the war score shows (45-16 to heroes) they now have combined forces with CD and ATLANTIS so you guys will have a really tough chance winning.

DeletedUser23786

I saw somewhere crown rotation as well if you did build the wonders. I wonder which leaders/alliance are going to allow the others to try and win first. With a speed 1 server I find this highly unlikely as will probably barely have 300 active players by the time the world is win and when the wonders are built then there will be a mass exodus. Be interesting to see which leaders are going to step down to try and win a second hand crown. Good luck either way but all these actions outside of our alliance have done is give us an even stronger position!

DeletedUser54775

Nope, splitting the coalition did nothing, REPO was on their knees before this happened and Imperium have been unable to combat Thermopylae effectively. HEROES have proven to be more than a match for you guys as the war score shows (45-16 to heroes) they now have combined forces with CD and ATLANTIS so you guys will have a really tough chance winning.
I would beg to disagree with you and the numbers do not lie. I have a city right in the middle of Heroes territory and you have not been able to take it. The numbers that you have are distorted because are cities that were deep in your territory or cities in areas where we do not care. Heroes is no match to Thermopylae.

DeletedUser54192

I would beg to disagree with you and the numbers do not lie. I have a city right in the middle of Heroes territory and you have not been able to take it. The numbers that you have are distorted because are cities that were deep in your territory or cities in areas where we do not care. Heroes is no match to Thermopylae.
Once again, we see the self-serving twisted logic of "if you took a city off us, we will claim it was irrelevant, but if we keep the city, we claim it is relevant". I bet if you lost that city you would claim it was irrelevant, just like you do for every other city loss. Why don't you just grow up and accept that you lose cities sometimes, without making excuse after excuse?

DeletedUser54067

I agree with FutbolTango. While HEROES is by far the best team outside of Thermo, the only reason their winning is because YellowHold switched sides and lost a lot of cities in the process. Also with Dion888 in vacation, Achillos leaving the game and YellowHold with us the three deadliest players of what was HEROES are now gone meaning HEROES went from a formidable opponent to another Imperium or REPO's. Maybe with their influx of CD and ATLANTIS members (if those merges go through), they will be back to the HEROES of midsummer.

I will say ATLANTIS has the fourth best core in the game, so WW should be interesting, but guess who has the other three core oceans above that and the fifth best core....

DeletedUser54903

I have one too ...ok not one, more, futboll ,but i am talking 4 the one you did not like the name, in thermo territory ..thermo island ... and somehow i still have it ... so by that logic you have i am stronger than thermo :D still there is time to see this world to end ... how you willl win it all with players who you recruit from other teams... maybe i am wrong maybe in your forum is like on Rolling Stines concert...still i doubt that..
ps manage and now willing is not the same futbol... koff stop moops stop lol

DeletedUser54775

For those who are on the other side....what is the story with devons? Why he was kicked out of the alliance?

DeletedUser46711

I'm Waiting for the next Imperium move.
I'm pretty sure that soon they will ask to work with Thermopylae.
Imperium incoherence is famous.
After that Virdian was the cause of Jimbobicus85 downfall , after that he pushed Criki to become a simmer (Virdian words posted in the forum ,3 days ago) , we'll test the honor of these two alliances.
Stay tunes
smiley_emoticons_grepolove.gif

DeletedUser23786

I await an actual threat to us winning the server. Make sure you guys clean up the inactives quickly between all the alliances.

DeletedUser54903

Thermo has no threat...no enemy here... atleast not real ones. No matter what you do there will be always some guys willing to help you out even more. I only beg to see they "we" in Thermopylae with all ex enemys you got in your ranks. Ah people are easy to buy ... am i right now seems your only enemy here.. all the big shots like Viridran ,Ozz,Perko,Chaos,blue duck and the rest bow to your might... i would say it differently but i cant here lol. I had real issues with baron but atlest he is still fighting you...not selling out. From the otter hand your might is not in your play its in your diplomacy... one guy is enough to put whole alliance on your side or kick it out from pact /Nap. Honesty maybe you guys like to play with imps... maybe its fun but the question is till wem? I know your game till now... take the best ... and rest for grabs... simmers you call them. Ah ok lets see how this will turn out. Maybe you are that strong as you say now... just wating to get the crown... but its not only the gola that counts its the means to to get it... so siple best to you wen ( if ) you win this world with chaos , who left baron in his time of need... Viridran who is braging how he dealt whit Jim and ciriki...Ozz and rest ;) It will be Thermos crown indeed

DeletedUser23786

Diplomacy done in this alliance has been amazing. Chaos had enough of the coalition and made the right choice. Clearly you made the wrong choice in the past when you lost your 4 biggest players. We are happy with our team and have the majority of the best players and fighters on the server. Everyone is welcome to come at us. You will find us in the core. I hope you haven't promised too many people a second hand crown. Talk of it is totally illogical on a speed 1 server when clearly the majority of players will quit once the server is won so make sure you don't make any agreements you can't commit to.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54850

Diplomacy done in this alliance has been amazing. Chaos had enough of the coalition and made the right choice. Clearly you made the wrong choice in the past when you lost your 4 biggest players. We are happy with our team and have the majority of the best players and fighters on the server. Everyone is welcome to come at us. You will find us in the core. I hope you haven't promised too many people a second hand crown. Talk of it is totally illogical on a speed 1 server when clearly the majority of players will quit once the server is won so make sure you don't make any agreements you can't commit to.

I still believe we have a decent chance, remember, it is not all about fighting, when WW comes we will have the advantage because we have more cities.

DeletedUser23786

Thermopylae 3897

Heroes 1861
Atlantis 1190
Mallorean 248
CD 489
Total 3788

I must have counted wrong as we still have more cities but including all the inactives it was a close one!

DeletedUser54192

Diplomacy done in this alliance has been amazing.
I'm not sure that "amazing" is perhaps the best word. Thermopylae leaders haven't always been great at diplomacy, in this current alliance or when they were in previous alliances.

Previous Examples:
- Jim, in The Exiles. You've heard me say this a lot of times, so you know what I am referring to.
- Whichever Mayhem/IA leaders that decided it would be good to backstab Im Telling Mummy, by recruiting the remains of The Exiles when they had agreed to help wipe them out.
- Arguably the start of the ITM-Mayhem war: while both sides agreed to the war, there was some information flying around that Mayhem leaders (no doubt many of whom are now Thermopylae leaders) kept changing the agreed start date for the war.

Thermopylae Examples:
- Thermopylae was apparently attempting to push around both HEROES and REPO, in terms of dictating how they should behave. That doesn't sound like great diplomacy from the supposed forces of liberty.
- The handling of the Thermo-REPO split. Whether or not both sides mutually agreed to the start of the war (I do not know the exact details), it wasn't handled well by Thermopylae. They promised REPO a 2-week grace period before starting the war, but Thermopylae players attacked REPO players only a few days into the grace period. That means that either Thermo leaders did not properly convey the message to their members, or some of their members do not respect the diplomacy of their leaders, which therefore reflects upon the entire alliance. Furthermore, the split and its handling was a major cause in the split between HEROES and Thermopylae. Had Thermopylae handled this better, they may have kept their pact with HEROES.
- Heavenly Myrmidons. For an alliance that was dominating and supposedly needed no help, it is highly odd that they would rush into agreements with Myrmidons (an alliance regularly insulted by their unofficial propaganda officer). Myrmidons were removed from the coalition due to numerous actions against other coalition alliances (recruiting refugees, attacking other coalition players). So the fact that Thermopylae sought an instant agreement with a diplomatically unstable alliance desperate for someone to piggyback isn't really amazing diplomacy.

They have done some good diplomatic work, I will not deny that. But they are not the amazing diplomats that some claim they are.

DeletedUser54850

I'm not sure that "amazing" is perhaps the best word. Thermopylae leaders haven't always been great at diplomacy, in this current alliance or when they were in previous alliances.

Previous Examples:
- Jim, in The Exiles. You've heard me say this a lot of times, so you know what I am referring to.
- Whichever Mayhem/IA leaders that decided it would be good to backstab Im Telling Mummy, by recruiting the remains of The Exiles when they had agreed to help wipe them out.
- Arguably the start of the ITM-Mayhem war: while both sides agreed to the war, there was some information flying around that Mayhem leaders (no doubt many of whom are now Thermopylae leaders) kept changing the agreed start date for the war.

Thermopylae Examples:
- Thermopylae was apparently attempting to push around both HEROES and REPO, in terms of dictating how they should behave. That doesn't sound like great diplomacy from the supposed forces of liberty.
- The handling of the Thermo-REPO split. Whether or not both sides mutually agreed to the start of the war (I do not know the exact details), it wasn't handled well by Thermopylae. They promised REPO a 2-week grace period before starting the war, but Thermopylae players attacked REPO players only a few days into the grace period. That means that either Thermo leaders did not properly convey the message to their members, or some of their members do not respect the diplomacy of their leaders, which therefore reflects upon the entire alliance. Furthermore, the split and its handling was a major cause in the split between HEROES and Thermopylae. Had Thermopylae handled this better, they may have kept their pact with HEROES.
- Heavenly Myrmidons. For an alliance that was dominating and supposedly needed no help, it is highly odd that they would rush into agreements with Myrmidons (an alliance regularly insulted by their unofficial propaganda officer). Myrmidons were removed from the coalition due to numerous actions against other coalition alliances (recruiting refugees, attacking other coalition players). So the fact that Thermopylae sought an instant agreement with a diplomatically unstable alliance desperate for someone to piggyback isn't really amazing diplomacy.

They have done some good diplomatic work, I will not deny that. But they are not the amazing diplomats that some claim they are.

Completely agree, not sure why they felt the need to pact with HM, they have cities scattered all over their core and are easy pickings. If REPO can clobber them, then thermo can surely do better. Don't get me wrong though, HM have some great players like Junebugspade, Flying Lions, R2DC and TOUPHOCLES, they only performed badly because they were in a war against an alliance almost 10 times their side with no major allies.

DeletedUser23786

Without going into too much detail, with regards to ITM I said before(I was IA at the time) we already had a few of the exiles like Jredge, Delboy and Kkkeer long before going to war with ITM so our relations were quite good already. I believe the mistake made was ITM plastering on the externals taking out Exiles for being naughty(look how that turned out) and assuming they had support of all the other alliances. When it turned out this wasn't the case then their leaders all left.

In short with Repo, it was us that broke off the pact and something which in reality we decided to do as a result of trying to keep the server active. Down south there was players constantly leaving(Same story today) and we were concerned the server could be closed soon. If it was a clear backstab then surely we would have approached heroes beforehand to get their support? With regards to the 2 week window, there were small skirmishes from both sides which to the day I have no idea who started it but it got to a silly point where it was decided that the ceasefire might as well finish since there were many skirmishes.

Given the not so amazing diplomacy I think if you could look at the world from an outsider's view and see where we are I think most people would rather be in our shoes. We have under 100 players(More of the active ones) who will all win a crown(No promise of a 2nd hand crown which ultimately is fairytale thinking) and the best core. Are there circumstances which could put us in a better position right now? I certainly couldn't see them being much better than what we have right now and as I've said our position is not just down to what we have done internally but also due to silly arrangements/disagreements outside our control which ironically have improved our position.

DeletedUser54192

Without going into too much detail, with regards to ITM I said before(I was IA at the time) we already had a few of the exiles like Jredge, Delboy and Kkkeer long before going to war with ITM so our relations were quite good already.
Either way, it is not good diplomacy to promise to help ITM wipe out Exiles, and then recruit a bunch of Exiles players just as ITM starts an OP on them.

In short with Repo, it was us that broke off the pact and something which in reality we decided to do as a result of trying to keep the server active.

This goes against the words of your own teammate, who claimed that it was equally decided, and that there was no intention to just turn on REPO. May have been a good move tactically, but not very good diplomacy.

If it was a clear backstab then surely we would have approached heroes beforehand to get their support?

That would be just as likely to result in HEROES breaking off with you, because they would then know that you would have had no quarrels in turning on pacts. I didn't actually say that the dissolution of the pact was a backstab, just that it was handled badly.

With regards to the 2 week window, there were small skirmishes from both sides which to the day I have no idea who started it but it got to a silly point where it was decided that the ceasefire might as well finish since there were many skirmishes.

I believe it was proven here on the externals that the supposed "first shots fired by REPO" that your team used as an excuse for the attacks on REPO were actually retaliation to attacks from Thermopylae players. As soon as that was pointed out, Thermopylae changed tack and started saying that they were generous in giving a peacetime at all, thus neatly avoiding admitting blame.

Given the not so amazing diplomacy I think if you could look at the world from an outsider's view and see where we are I think most people would rather be in our shoes. We have under 100 players(More of the active ones) who will all win a crown(No promise of a 2nd hand crown which ultimately is fairytale thinking) and the best core. Are there circumstances which could put us in a better position right now? I certainly couldn't see them being much better than what we have right now and as I've said our position is not just down to what we have done internally but also due to silly arrangements/disagreements outside our control which ironically have improved our position.
You have definitely got a good position. But in the process, you haven't exactly come out with a spotless reputation, as your propaganda boy claims.
- You maintained your member count by gaining defectors from other alliances. Some chose to move by themselves, others were actively poached by Thermopylae leadership (not exactly honourable, poaching the enemies players before the fighting even really kicks off). The fact is, if someone betrays his teammates and switches sides once, there is nothing to say that he will not do it again if he ever doubts his current team, for whatever reasons.
- One of your figurehead leaders has managed to make a name for himself with some instances of dodgy behaviour, while another has been proven to be a lot less great than you lot claim, and is most likely guilty of attempting to push around pacted alliances.
- Your propaganda boy has attempted to force on everyone a vision of Thermopylae being this pure, virtuous team with brilliant morals, while insulting and accusing the rest of the teams. Through the use of facts, we have proven his accusations against us to be nothing more than delusions and slander, and proven that Thermopylae is far from virtuous. The fact that they recruit players that they have publicly insulted on the forums does not help.

DeletedUser31385

Guys, please do not take the thread off topic. If you have issues with posts, please make a report instead of taking the matter into your own hands.