News from the Grepolis Beta Server

DeletedUser22708

DeletedUser35069

As someone else pointed out to me before it also stops anyone on your islands hitting vm then flipping out of the alliance at the last minute blocking alliances wws for over a month too.

DeletedUser27128

Yeah I agree - why would you not want this feature? If for some reason you have to go into VM, simply handover the WW city

DeletedUser

Yeah I agree - why would you not want this feature? If for some reason you have to go into VM, simply handover the WW city

Have you ever activated the vm because you had had an ancident or someone died in your family?

DeletedUser27128

Have you ever activated the vm because you had had an ancident or someone died in your family?
Yes, I have. I don't see why city cannot be handed over in that case, it just takes 1 message to the leaders of your alliance

DeletedUser

Yes, I have. I don't see why city cannot be handed over in that case, it just takes 1 message to the leaders of your alliance

Can your Leader see how many is coming to your cities if you are in VM? Can he see the support units after the Kolo is landig on a WW-island. do you think he attaks a city with over 100k Deffunits? Or do you play only play Revolution Worlds? Its true in this mom it is easier as to play this Worlds as conquerer.

DeletedUser27128

The point is that your alliance should be able to take over your WW island city before your VM kicks into action. And no, I don't play on revolt worlds, I play conquest.

DeletedUser17591

the responses in this thread seem to be mostly positive - on the beta forum, they seem to be negative. But if you hand over a WW city, you will also lose all of the troops that you have built - and in order to take it, you have to send back all other support, leaving your city (and Wonder) vulnerable for a time. And if you don't hand it over, there is no way to see incoming attacks until they have landed.

I am not so sure that this is a good idea, and I believe that it IS still just a proposed change.

DeletedUser

The point is that your alliance should be able to take over your WW island city before your VM kicks into action. And no, I don't play on revolt worlds, I play conquest.

Your mother or your sister or your son dies by an acident. Do you think you have the time to send all Supporttroops out of the WW city/ies? And your Ally has enough Slots to conquer your city/ies?

DeletedUser27128

and in order to take it, you have to send back all other support, leaving your city (and Wonder) vulnerable for a time.
Send them back a minute before CS lands

The potential positive impacts of this feature are far greater than the negative ones, imo.

DeletedUser2595

the responses in this thread seem to be mostly positive - on the beta forum, they seem to be negative. But if you hand over a WW city, you will also lose all of the troops that you have built - and in order to take it, you have to send back all other support, leaving your city (and Wonder) vulnerable for a time. And if you don't hand it over, there is no way to see incoming attacks until they have landed.

I am not so sure that this is a good idea, and I believe that it IS still just a proposed change.
People still do the whole stacking every WW city with defense thing? Huh, go figure.

As for the changes, making sure your alliance has the slots to take a players WW cities just because they want to take some time off to relax by using a legitimate part of the game (i.e. VM mode) seems pretty unfair to me. Penalizing players for hitting VM seems a bit harsh. I can see why it's done to try and prevent VM abuse to lock out WW's but I think there are bigger issues to look at with WW's. :p

DeletedUser

Send them back a minute before CS lands

The potential positive impacts of this feature are far greater than the negative ones, imo.

I don´t think so. I think it would be easier to limit the days for Vm. I think 3 weeks would be ok. Have you ever thinking about the next worlds who started in the next few months? The WW time will start on this Worlds short before or in the summer months during the summer holidays.

DeletedUser

I have total 20 WW cities on different islands (max 4 per island), all full myths - it takes long weeks to build them, or I purchased some with gold during events.
I only enter VM when it is really necessary, handoff cities when I don't want to play any longer, but I stick it out until all important cities can be taken by players who would handle them with resonsibility... or I like to think, I'm that type of player.

So I have to kill full myth nukes, give up cities for a few days VM even or face the consequences, my alliance will have to defend my wonder cities blindly, like if I was on an attackable ban although I had to attend to a funeral of a family member for example in another state...
Probably when I return, they won't see in me the loyal player who I used to be, but someone who didn't help to handoff cities, lost their wonder, however it was a family emergency.

All players deserve vacation without loss of cities, units. Implement a shorter time limit of VM on wonders, or a maximum share of WW cities per player / island, but don't discriminate your customers who would not abuse VM as strategy!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Or lets take a happy RL example, we prepare for wonders, one of my team mates will have wedding halftime of building. He would be one of the best fighters to handle wonders, but we told him now he can not be on wonder island, because of this update, not worth to waste time on building myths...
'You gotta choose dude... get a wife or play grepo?!'
All I say, more of these witty updates and inno will lose the chance of having a next grepo generation, isn't it hard enough to find a wife who would tolerate this game...?

DeletedUser42618

This is totally unfair to people on WW islands who have to go into VM for legitimate reasons for a short period of time. I don't see how you think FORCING people to hand-off WW cities prior to going into VM or have their alliance defend them blindly is the correct way to handle those pathetic people using VM as a way of locking up WWs, though anyone who uses VM in that way shouldn't be playing the game in the first place.

So your answer is to make people hand-off WW cities or face their WW cities not being protected by their VM, and then whilst during the crucial WW building stage race, the new owners either have to not bother to build troops in the handed off WW city or have to potentially sacrifice their WW race in order to build troops to protect the city......there has to be a better solution than this as this is an insane solution!

I would suggest instead that if a player on a WW island is in VM for more than a week then their WW cities become attack-able, rather than have people forced to hand-off WW cities just to have a few days off due to an emergency or for family/Real Life reasons....If you can make it so that only their WW cities are attack-able during VM then you can surely do it so that they become attack-able after 7 days which would be a much fairer solution and I'm sure that your system would also allow you to only make their WW cities totally attack-able if they exited VM before the 7 days were up and then they re-activate it again immediately so as to abuse the grace period.

DeletedUser46315

To the whole "what if it's important for VM" scenario..you can't expect them to keep a game breaking tactic used mostly 70% of the time as a scumbag tactic instead of an actual reason in the game, if God forbid anything like that actually happens to a player then sorry but Grepo shouldn't even be considered and I doubt they will log on 2 or 3 days later to hand a city off. A week minimum before Grepo even pops in their mind. They could come up with some other way though I'm not sure. If you've come across this tactic you'll have already approved of this change.