News from the Grepolis Beta Server

DeletedUser

why not disable VM for everyone? that would be fair
with your logic...
it is a scumbag tactic to hide in VM in general... players do that all the time to prevent city losses not only on wonders, no place for excuses, this is grepolis!!!

my friend today at 14:11 said:
Guess I'll have to hand off the 2 cities I have, unfortunately I don't have a choice but to go into VM in November.. my soon to be wife deals with me playing this game enough.. she doesn't get mad at me when the alarm goes off in the middle of the night, brings my phone to me in the shower when i get attacked lol.. i have to give her this time for the wedding

this game requires so many RL sacrifices already from all of us, who will want to be on wonders if they can not risk few days VM without losing it?

DeletedUser22517

Hahaha, INNO must hate Erik, they have killed all the ways he won crowns

DeletedUser

seriously... once wonder era kicked in, disable VM
wonders won't be blocked, worlds would end sooner, win-win

DeletedUser

this is one way to prevent some cheating and backstabbing

omg, u r so delusional.... wish you were given a chance to arrange wonders and fail every possible way under one wonder era

more players will discover forms of real cheating, e.g. internet sharing + co-play, also that's the type of cheat what results in non-attackable ban as 1st offense if im not wrong, whats a free vacation (no one said ban won't effect wonder cities)... ingame mods can finally work for that free gold

DeletedUser

VM blockage was never cheating... it was a tactic taking advantage of the game given opportunities, just like placing the wonders on the rim, or rebuild them on the rim after you built up a wonder in the core first using shorter trade time.
You won't have many tricks left to use now. I'd even prefer allowing the VM blockage, you always need a few months to set up near any wonder if the enemy is any good.
Now that the most functioning tactic will be relocation of wonders to the rim, you guys will learn about real pain and crying what moving whole oceans or more oceans can cause.

If you think about it a little bit deeper... the only reason players cheat is because they can not cover the online time what is needed for this game, if the game conditions put more pressure on them, more will cheat. Co-play, multiaccs, bots are common in one thing - all give the player more freedom of the game - like vacation. Take that away... but don't whine about cheaters pls, and remember I told you.

cheaters + rim wonders
this is what you want

DeletedUser

if you failed to vet ww sitters well enough / can't keep them motivated to fight on your side they will ruin your wonder no matter what... if they can not hide unaligned in VM they will just handoff the city to the enemy
backstabbing is a different topic... to deprive VM of WW sitters to avoid that is unreasonable...

DeletedUser53943

Rachel L, have you ever even played this game? Because it kind of seems like you never have.

DeletedUser

I often sound delusional. Last thing I want to cloud this debate with taking it to a personal level, Rachel we can mud fight in game once maybe.

Can you tell what aspects of this update -VM disabled on wonders- would
1. avoid backstabbing
2. create fair conditions
3. make me happy any way
I'd love to hear anything concrete of someone who can support this change full-hearted.

There has been a years long debate about endgame, different sources suggested this year will put an end on it, instead it is more and more clear we get a rushed WW revamp. I see nothing positive in that, all I see my wasted money for less good game experience and more invested time than ever before.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
Agathist, don't know what worlds you've played but i've seen politics crumble alliances with the best fighters in it. Not sure you've seen all sides. Maybe read the forums in the older worlds for a clue.

Nori, sorry, you started with the personal and the lecturing so i got a bit defensive. I agree that this is not a good solution. I think it does solve some problems but causes others. Until inno gets it's *** in gear and does a proper change, I was supporting them doing something. I can't really answer your three things b/c discussing #1 would get me banned from the forum, #2 I think we've established it isn't, and #3 I have no clue but wish i did. Best i can do for now.

DeletedUser22708

Seems to me that this update will only be implemented in new worlds that are going to open up unless I'm wrong?
If it is, then in that case you don't build myths, just build land locked slinger nukes.
Limit the amount of ww cities per player so there's not too much trouble when said players have to go in vm and you have to take their cities.
I'll repeat, what's all the fuzz about?

DeletedUser

Not only on new worlds, this was posted on beta:

For those who don't speak german (like me, yay) here a little summary on what our Lead Community Manager, Naranya, wrote here, on german forum.
  • We went through all kinds of suggestions and most of them would not be practicable due to other loopholes that would be opened.
  • We agreed to implement the changes with the next update, but only activate it for new worlds and worlds where age of world wonders has not started yet.
  • All other worlds follow at a later point with enough advance notice.
  • We're still thinking about implenenting an automatic notification to alliance leaders in case someone who holds at least one ww village goes into vacation mod, but more info about that will come mostly next week.
I asked our wonder sitters to prepare for this (our WW starts in November...), almost every 2nd player has a problem, 2-7 days VM planned in the next 2 months, many overlaps. Maybe you should take this change more seriously...
140 cities - it's indifferent whether you have 4 or 20 WW cities per player, if you have more players VM can overlap and its about the same when 1 player with 20 cities needs a break.

DeletedUser

Hey guys,
iam from the german Community and i know my English is very,very bad.
But i want to explain you something.

With the next patch, their we all will get a big problem.
If u drive to holiday ( I dont know how u call this, in Germany it is UM) ur World Wonder citys will be not longer safe. Enemys can conquer them. So u have to give them to ur Ally friends, before u drive into ur holidays. If someone in your family feels very bad or dies, u cant go in UM, u have to give ur Citys first to ur Ally friends.

I dont know how u think, but if my dad is in the hospital, i have much bigger Problems then Grepolis.

Inno Games now blame the German Community, that we are only Flamers and all other Communities like this Update.

I hope u think about this and have the same opinion.

Show Inno Games, that u also not want this, pls.

With this, i wish u a nice Day, and iam very sorry for this bad using of ur language ;)

DeletedUser12512

I'd like to say that I am surprised, both by Innogames lack of reasoning and forethought, and that the first responder to this is a player without any WW and therefore has nothing to lose by this new rule, however i'm not, because both company and player lack any semblance of consideration.

This is simply Innogames punishing players for their failure to create a sustainable game mechanic in WW. It could have more easily had a different approach instituted that would have discouraged the VM Hiding of WW while still benefiting Inno, lets say for example:

If a player owning a city on a WW enters VM the alliance he is part of temporarily loses the benefit the WW provides until such time as he exits VM. This (imo) would discourage the hiding in VM to some extent while helping Inno by making it more about waiting for a players VM to pop and therefore keeping people playing any one server longer (which translates to more cash for Inno)

As it stands now, the alliance that actually plans to have few players take control of several WW to minimize risk are now suffereed to have those players holding many cities to never have a break in gameplay, or force a player to hand over what in some cases may be 40 cities to take a few days vacation without putting his whole alliance at risk?? If you institute this rule, the only way I can see it as fair is if you also implement a rule that then closes a server after 7 wonders are achieved by any one alliance.

DeletedUser

Marketing Director: Jeez. I'm sick of our [paying through the nose] customers complaining about the WW end game. It's ruining our reputation. The CEO is getting antsy. What can we do about it?
Developer: Ignore it as usual?
Marketing Director: It's getting personal now though. We need something radical.
Developer: Hmmm. You're right. Wait - I've got it.! We do what we always do.
Marketing Director: And that is?
Developer: Screw them over.!!
Marketing Director: I love it...
... a little while later...
CEO: Do it now or you're fired...
... announced to sore losers....
Sore Losers: Huzzah..!!!

5e9da15aba96976b1931bdc6fc807e1f.jpg