News from the Rim

• Thread starter DeletedUser50332
  • Start date

DeletedUser50332

Hello!

As we all know, Bhrytos is now dominated by Reposession Agents and by Redneck Avengers, along with their respective pacted alliances. Whenever we read through the top 12, many of the alliances belong to one of those pacts.

However, the purpose of this thread is so that players from any of the other top 12 alliances, and players from any alliance not in the top 12, can post the news from where they are. So, this is less of a newspaper, and more of a discussion forum for where you're at.

So, how is it going? What are you up against? Are you at war with another alliance? Or have you found somewhere quiet to grow? Lets hear all about it!

DeletedUser51727

NW of the world here, o33/34/43

Overall the world is a big disappointment. A bunch of players from various silly MRA's got sick of all your usual MRA circus and formed a no BS alliance 1 month ago or so. Taken out the simmers first, then tested out guys in top10-top15 to find out that beating them is like fighting 5 year old kids. Even worse, cripped 5yo kids with hands tied. Some were alliances 3-5 times our size lol

It was bad enough when these alliances started to crumble and all you had was 30-70% morale to attack. Big alliances slowly drifted here and began to eat up what was left of our food plate. It was shocking to find out that most of the top-8 are all friends happily growing crops together in one huge Farmville.

Maybe on the other sides of the mighty RIM it's not as sad but so far this world sucks. No fun at all really other than maybe going all defense and annoy the hell out of the top farmvillers with huge def walls. Already invested so much time into Bhrytos...

DeletedUser

hell im almost willing to set up a few cities in the outer rim just to see whats out there..like a nice quiet summer home where you can shoot little baby noobs off your front porch with a cig and a cup of sweet tea

DeletedUser

my world forum my alcohol choice. in Carphi we can drink Brandy there.

DeletedUser50332

hell im almost willing to set up a few cities in the outer rim just to see whats out there..like a nice quiet summer home where you can shoot little baby noobs off your front porch with a cig and a cup of sweet tea

This thread is meant for ALL alliances who are not part of the axis of Repo and RA alliances. There have been posts on this forum about how Bhrytos lacks excitement as a result of having two groups of alliances dominating. So, this space is meant for all of those other players.

Oh, and the odd troll or two! ;)

DeletedUser51005

It would be interesting to see whether a rim alliance will be able to take one of the 'dominating' alliances in the future.

jameslongst

Strategos
Us poor old rim players will last longer than your lot did...Band of Misfits...No...Brothers in Arms....No that's not it either...wait I almost remembered it...

DeletedUser51005

Aye BoB collapsed under REPO sure but so have others and from working with them I can understand why.

DeletedUser

is o35 still considered a lolly rim ocean.ive lost track

DeletedUser18039

It would be interesting to see whether a rim alliance will be able to take one of the 'dominating' alliances in the future.

Since the "dominating alliances" are much more like one big alliance parceling out geography amongst roughly5-600 players, how do you imagine such a thing could take place?

Outside of boring themselves to near-death, that is, these EN-style mass coalitions are unbeatable thru game-play and only ever fall apart because someone starts reneging on promises or stabs someone in the back.

Waiting for that to happen usually involves months of virtual simming.

Only players who get something out of watching their cities grow and winning one-sided battles over and over can tolerate that. Which explains why so many skilled and aggressive players just no longer play the game and the semi-simmers with lots and lots of buds they can't bear to compete with have taken over.

At least the rim usually offers a few months of genuinely competitive warfare. Sounds like even that hasn't happened here. Cores are usually dead from the get-go these days. :pro:

DeletedUser51727

There is fun side of this when you realize that most of their players are also a pack of circus clowns who donate DBP at 1:10 ratio to any skilled player. However at some point their bored big guns with 100's of nukes sitting idle an ocean away start sending those with any precious timing. Then it gets rough as you find you're simply getting overwhelmed.

I guess a tight pack of 30-40 skilled players will rip them apart, but there's just not enough quality players on the rim to recruit. With less than half a dozen you can only do so much.

DeletedUser

it is a sad day when no major war occurs. unfortunately with WW being easy to cheat it will contuine

DeletedUser

well you get them all to lvl 10 then demolish one down to lvl 9 and then swap members in and keep on doing till all have crown.

DeletedUser

Us poor old rim players will last longer than your lot did...Band of Misfits...No...Brothers in Arms....No that's not it either...wait I almost remembered it...

yep with Repo and DC help your alliance will last a long time. This server has been killed by the core alliances and their sim city love in til WW..and it seems everyone excluding Fallen and Raptor pack are either in the top fews academy or filled with their def for DBP.very very boring server.

DeletedUser51112

if all of you hadn't noticed, Grepolis itself is the boring one :) you can have fun only if you were small, at some point it's just about simming and politics, it only came faster than other worlds, that's all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have been attacked constantly by the biggest alliances here on the rim and I am bored to death..everytime I start a new server it gets worse and worse.
The formula for grep is pure server fixing now a days .
start 2 premades, make NAP til WW, ally with all mras and noob or non pre made alliances, take in actives from those alliances and best players when they collapse..in the meantime stack them with DLU and Bri and harvest DBP from anyone who wants to fight back to grow..wait 12 months..repeat. Anyone else remember when Grepolis was good?