News from the Rim

• Thread starter DeletedUser50332
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I am growing of the opinion that as all of you are not even really taking TD seriously you will be made to pay the price. Everyday they are creeping up and believe me this lot (like ordinary people) will turn you inside out when they decide to come out from under the radar. As the GM only just joined them and expect your defense tab will be filled with his name as soon as he decides the time is right. Some of the best players I played with and against are TD - and I have been playing since Alpha.

DeletedUser

guys I think we have wandered off topic (possibly) get back on topic or I will just delete the childish bickering as opposed to high quality pars and put downs which should be here.

DeletedUser

ok fair enough I am not allowed to play the server, try one here and see if I infraction you. I probably won't.

DeletedUser51435

I am growing of the opinion that as all of you are not even really taking TD seriously you will be made to pay the price. Everyday they are creeping up and believe me this lot (like ordinary people) will turn you inside out when they decide to come out from under the radar. As the GM only just joined them and expect your defense tab will be filled with his name as soon as he decides the time is right. Some of the best players I played with and against are TD - and I have been playing since Alpha.

Not to burst your bubble but I hardly think at 55K ABP that GM could be considered much of an attacking player, so loading up people's defense forums is an interesting statement. You mention "when he decides the time is right" to turn it up on offense ... I think Raptors are still waiting.

DeletedUser

*tig* we are in the same alliance be nice :p

To expand on what I am saying I suppose I look at it this way, while you might look at forum rep to decide the GM or TD are not respectable players I am looking purely from in game experience . TD and co are generally good players and approach the game the way I like, they are not Elitist and allow Noobs in which although frowned upon by some, lets be real we were all Noobs once and we need alliances like this to keep the game going otherwise it would be all us old heads waiting for the red flag on every server..more over they got a late start and are out on the rim which (although logical to any one who has played) begs the question why? they are experienced players , who CHOOSE to be a late starting alliance, this is not an accident but is design IMO. As we seen with Repo etc starting in the core may get you BP but doe not denote longevity for an alliance, maybe for their players who stick around but TD are not about the individual more the team as a whole. As for saying the GM isn't top this or that let me remind everyone he stayed loyal to the end to a decimated alliance and i value that, moreover he could of been rimmed, gone to VM and was at one point in the top 20 defenders in this world til everyone got morale conscience..he could of quit but didn't -look at 4 horse for instance 200K players ghosting left right and centre . he lost 70% of his cities but is still here. IMO that is what makes a grep player and while it may take him a while to get where he wants with rebuilding and attacking to gain ABP (which to me means little anyway) when he does strike you will see why i am talking him up here -it will be as one with an alliance of friends who know the game inside out and have bided their time cleverly while none took them as a serious contender.

@person 67 -jamovic put downs available on request ;)

DeletedUser51727

I must admit Helena it is hard to work out whether you are just joking around or purposely trying to make yourself look small. You did after all run away from your alliance, leaving the rest to fend for themselves just so you could hide under the BRB banner. Where to next when things get a liitle hard for you....

No you don't understand what it is like to be forced to lead an alliance with less than 10 active players, with only 2 top world fighters (including me) and being attacked by half of the server, which is pacted/NaP with another half.
We pacted with FEE and stopped attacking LK, but they proven to be weak and useless. We tried to merge with that outbreak of BRB (DanaZuul what ever was it) but got some elitist BS response. We approached TD but their interest was very small.

What else was there to do? Go 100% defense instead of 80% and get pushed around losing cities to BRB and taking new ones further on the rim hoping they will lose interest? At 1:5 odds defending is still fun, at 1:10 it gets very tough, at 1:20+ which BRB/RA had on us it was impossible.

As we see now WiC is alive and doing fine, just it's now another alliance like FEE/LK. When all the best players left nobody cares about them. Also this world war in the south and east distracts BRB from more NW action (hopefully this will change soon as us in NW are getting bored).

I checked some personal fighers ranks of top TD members again, none is even in top-100 except one. You guys talk too much but don't back it up with more action.

The GM

Phrourach
No you don't understand what it is like to be forced to lead an alliance with less than 10 active players, with only 2 top world fighters (including me) and being attacked by half of the server, which is pacted/NaP with another half.

Lol, first mistake, been there, done that. Remember that alliance called The Raptor Pack??

At 1:5 odds defending is still fun, at 1:10 it gets very tough, at 1:20+ which BRB/RA had on us it was impossible.

Just those two? I had them + 4H and Debt Collectors at the same time. You should thank yourself they took it easy on you.

Also this world war in the south and east distracts BRB from more NW action (hopefully this will change soon as us in NW are getting bored).

You would have known that though before you ran to BRB/RA with your tail between your legs? Isn't that what you wanted, to be bored picking on the small and weak in your mighty co-op?

I checked some personal fighers ranks of top TD members again, none is even in top-100 except one. You guys talk too much but don't back it up with more action.

It was in fact you and your mate with a missing limb who continued on and on about TD when no one was even replying to you??

Now this has been mentioned before by numerous people but here goes again one more time for the dummies. Take a look at TD's top ranked players and see what date they joined this world, then look at when you and your alliance joined this world and try and work out the difference.

Hint: Myself excluded as I started this world before them in a different alliance.

Not to burst your bubble but I hardly think at 55K ABP that GM could be considered much of an attacking player, so loading up people's defense forums is an interesting statement.

Can you explain to me what makes your abp's so much better? Not to burst your bubble but you have been part of every large co-op since this world started. As we all know the longer we stay in a world the more even the attack/defense bp's become. Goes in waves.

Last edited:

DeletedUser48096

Helena said:

Curious Helena, How do you define a good player?.... Based on your suggestions it would appear to be the postion in rankings or in other words the amount of Gold spent?......

A rather misguided logic in my opinion since both can be manipulated with excessive gold usage. Time to wake up and realize that excessive gold use does not make you a good player of this game.

Also still waiting on the name of the TD leader.....

DeletedUser50332

Thank you to all of those who had posted in here from the North West.

But what else is happening on this server?

Yes, we know that there is a war in the South, but what else is going on?
What is happening with Crow, or Lost Boys, or Ordinary People, or...?

DeletedUser51727

Curious Helena, How do you define a good player?.... Based on your suggestions it would appear to be the postion in rankings or in other words the amount of Gold spent?......

A rather misguided logic in my opinion since both can be manipulated with excessive gold usage. Time to wake up and realize that excessive gold use does not make you a good player of this game.

Also still waiting on the name of the TD leader.....

Activity and ABP (dbp if facing stronger enemies). What makes you think I buy gold? Granted, any idiot can farm a bit on newer worlds to keep advisors at least. I started just as late as most of TD and could even end up in it's roster if your council wasn't blind watching WiC fighting a hopeless battle.

Anyway time to end this discussion about what might have been or might not, since it's getting kinda pointless. Meet y'all on battlefields :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser48096

Activity and ABP (dbp if facing stronger enemies). What makes you think I buy gold? Granted, any idiot can farm a bit on newer worlds to keep advisors at least. I started just as late as most of TD and could even end up in it's roster if your council wasn't blind watching WiC fighting a hopeless battle.

Anyway time to end this discussion about what might have been or might not, since it's getting kinda pointless. Meet y'all on battlefields :)

Did I say I was singling out you in particular Helena?

See heres the problem Helena, I would disagree with the idea that Activity and BP makes a good player, It helps but I think you are being rather shortsighted with that answer... An excessive gold user can have a faster turnover of troops than someone who does not abuse gold and therefore could in principle throw more troops into battle at a faster rate and grow faster gaining ABP and DBP at a faster rate than someone who does not abuse gold. As a result that person could be a total noob and yet still have more BP than a smaller players and has less BP and grows at a slower rate.. As a result I consider your criteria for judging a good player rather short sighted and too open to gold abuse.. which in my opinion is no substitute for skill..

Also as for WiC, if you think we are helping them then you might want to check in again with your spies...... The ones that I have not already named and shamed that is.... :p

And she leaves without naming the TD leader who told her that we wanted to found cities in BRB waters... Thus proving my point that you are lying.. Sorry Helena but it wasn't a difficult request....

DeletedUser44912

A good player has intelligence, time on their hands and good team work skills. No argument, they are the credentials. An exceptional player is all that criteria plus money in the bank. In my opinion, Inno will continue to sponge money out of players, and the good old fashioned players who spend 1000 a month on premium will leave. Cant compete in Revolt world's where players can rebuild a wall to 25 in 2 hours.

DeletedUser48096

In part I agree Vaesar, I have previously proposed the idea of a gold free world. I know it will never happen as inno is a business who takes money from us in order to fund their business. Therefore it wouldn't be smart business to open a world that they do not take any money from. While it would sort the men from the boys as Iam sure we can all agree in terms of grepo skill it will never happen..

Also I don't agree that an exceptional player needs to have or play with excessive money in the bank either. As I noted money is no substitute for skill and players need to be taught and need to learn how to do things like dodging, sniping or even following LS nukes home. That isn't something gold usage can teach you and all comes down to player skill. I would also add that the ability to maintain a level of calmness and composure when an attack alarm goes off and knowing how to spot an incoming CS when in revolt are also key. To me the very idea that a good player is judged simply based on their position on the leader boards is personally speaking one of the dumbest things I have heard in my entire life.

jameslongst

Strategos
A good player has intelligence, time on their hands and good team work skills. No argument, they are the credentials. An exceptional player is all that criteria plus money in the bank. In my opinion, Inno will continue to sponge money out of players, and the good old fashioned players who spend 1000 a month on premium will leave. Cant compete in Revolt world's where players can rebuild a wall to 25 in 2 hours.

Wrong. You can compete with them. You can even beat them. No use just giving up that's the easy way out.

There isn't one thing, this or that, that makes a good player. And there are many different ways to play the game anyway. So guys...have fun. That's an order.

J

DeletedUser44912

In part I agree Vaesar, I have previously proposed the idea of a gold free world. I know it will never happen as inno is a business who takes money from us in order to fund their business. Therefore it wouldn't be smart business to open a world that they do not take any money from. While it would sort the men from the boys as Iam sure we can all agree in terms of grepo skill it will never happen..

Also I don't agree that an exceptional player needs to have or play with excessive money in the bank either. As I noted money is no substitute for skill and players need to be taught and need to learn how to do things like dodging, sniping or even following LS nukes home. That isn't something gold usage can teach you and all comes down to player skill. I would also add that the ability to maintain a level of calmness and composure when an attack alarm goes off and knowing how to spot an incoming CS when in revolt are also key. To me the very idea that a good player is judged simply based on their position on the leader boards is personally speaking one of the dumbest things I have heard in my entire life.

Yes I didn't explain myself very well :) I meant that a player who is very active and skilful with gold (can accelerate recruitments without blinking) are the best players, and part timers, players who don't have that luxury don't stand a chance. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, if you invest money and time into something, you deserve the rewards. But Grep needs to realise their is a fine line between rewarding people who pay for the game, and advertising their 'free' game on all stores, TV etc. My prediction is that in the next world generation, there will be lack of interest unless something is sorted out, maybe limit the amount of cities you can rule, have an academy where you can only have a number of researches etc.

I enjoy playing grep and have respect for many players. This world is getting interesting, but in every world I play, more and more people get bored and drop out.

DeletedUser45141

I have to agree with you here. I have been looking for targets all over the place and everytime I lick my lips in excitement and go to "click attack" I find another BRB player hiding away in VM?

Tough, REALLY tough....

I agree with GM

Screenshot_9.png
Screenshot_10.png

DeletedUser48096

and suddenly in your mind one equates to alot....

Yes I didn't explain myself very well :) I meant that a player who is very active and skilful with gold (can accelerate recruitments without blinking) are the best players, and part timers, players who don't have that luxury don't stand a chance.

I agree in part Vaesar. Players who play without gold are at a disadvantage and those who play with excessive gold and mix it with skill can be good players but its not uncommon to become lazy end up sending attacks with poor timings. It breeds a lot of lazy and arrogant players as a result who rely on gold rather than skill. It is simply as I noted that "GOLD IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR SKILL"

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, if you invest money and time into something, you deserve the rewards.

Don't agree, investment is a form of gambling. If you invest in stocks and shares then there is a possibility that the stocks and shares will lose value and you will lose money on that investment. The reward in Grepo is purely in the satisfaction rather than anything financial so to call it an investment is incorrect, It is in fact it is no more of an investment as sending money to a televangelist would be and ultimately the only differnce is that inno won't claim you will go to hell if you don't give them money. Also I would disagree with saying you deserve rewards too since if you don't have the skill to achieve those rewards, then you don't deserve those rewards..

Should simmers who spend gold on running festivals be regarded as better players than those who do genuinely attack alot and never run festivals?.. I think not..

But Grep needs to realise their is a fine line between rewarding people who pay for the game, and advertising their 'free' game on all stores, TV etc. My prediction is that in the next world generation, there will be lack of interest unless something is sorted out, maybe limit the amount of cities you can rule, have an academy where you can only have a number of researches etc.

There is a lot of players who try the game out, stick around for a little bit and then get annoyed with their own inability to keep up with those who have a little too much free time and too much disposible income. I acknowledge that inno branding this as a free game is true, but as is the case on most games to play this on a high level it is never going to be free. I play with advisors on EN72, but that is the extent of my gold usage on this game and for that they are financed by trading on EN85.

I enjoy playing grep and have respect for many players. This world is getting interesting, but in every world I play, more and more people get bored and drop out.

And a number of them will Iam sure cite the inability to compete and grow when surrounded by players with too much time on their hands or too much gold in their pockets...

DeletedUser45141

and suddenly in your mind one equates to alot....

I agree in part Vaesar. Players who play without gold are at a disadvantage and those who play with excessive gold and mix it with skill can be good players but its not uncommon to become lazy end up sending attacks with poor timings. It breeds a lot of lazy and arrogant players as a result who rely on gold rather than skill. It is simply as I noted that "GOLD IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR SKILL"

Don't agree, investment is a form of gambling. If you invest in stocks and shares then there is a possibility that the stocks and shares will lose value and you will lose money on that investment. The reward in Grepo is purely in the satisfaction rather than anything financial so to call it an investment is incorrect, It is in fact it is no more of an investment as sending money to a televangelist would be and ultimately the only differnce is that inno won't claim you will go to hell if you don't give them money. Also I would disagree with saying you deserve rewards too since if you don't have the skill to achieve those rewards, then you don't deserve those rewards..

Should simmers who spend gold on running festivals be regarded as better players than those who do genuinely attack alot and never run festivals?.. I think not..

There is a lot of players who try the game out, stick around for a little bit and then get annoyed with their own inability to keep up with those who have a little too much free time and too much disposible income. I acknowledge that inno branding this as a free game is true, but as is the case on most games to play this on a high level it is never going to be free. I play with advisors on EN72, but that is the extent of my gold usage on this game and for that they are financed by trading on EN85.

And a number of them will Iam sure cite the inability to compete and grow when surrounded by players with too much time on their hands or too much gold in their pockets...

okay. tell me more.

DeletedUser

come on guys no senseless gold bashing. this is not the forum you talk about it in. You can raise the issue in the acropolis but not in here.