News from the Rim

• Thread starter DeletedUser50332
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I just dont get the strategy. Unless you don't want to win, why ally with alliances that already have a ton of allies. True Fear, Antimatter have proven themselves on their own. Sure things haven't been perfect or pretty for anyone along the way, but why join in the efforts of the massive cluster that is the North? Im not saying it wont be successful, but hard to fight of the 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6th (cant really include 4H in this anymore...they ran to the rim) ranked alliances with them all working together and supporting each other...and to what end? People were so miffed earlier on in these forums with Repo and Rednecks being PACTed and then even more so when it was Repo/Rednecks/Beers. Now we've got a real fight going and there is even more allignment. I get AFCs position...they wanted to survive, knew they were cats at a dog pound unless they alligned, but True Fear and Antimatter? Very confused. They have their own oceans, their own territories, sure they were going to be hit by the big 3 up North, but with more people fighting them it offered infinite opportunities to attack back. Rednecks too...they created a monster in the Beers to avoid fighting what was IB and now are staring up at what was created to be an academy wondering where their dominant position in the world went. This is a weird server...didnt stick around in Sinope for a comparison and wasn't around during en81, but really really weird on its own.

DeletedUser

I think there is a fear that they will be targeted themselves by larger coalitions so better to join and reap the spoils in somes opinion..It already happened several times on this server already.. I won't go as far as to say they are afraid of a fight but they are certainly missing the bigger picture- bit like only playing a game on 'easy' mode and thinking you are great at it but never mind -this will never be sorted til Inno realise the WW end gamed flawed, people have figured it out and it has ruined the game -once WW is declared their should be no way you can switch alliances on wonders 4 or 7 and share the victory.

DeletedUser38599

Did I say I was singling out you in particular Helena?

See heres the problem Helena, I would disagree with the idea that Activity and BP makes a good player, It helps but I think you are being rather shortsighted with that answer... An excessive gold user can have a faster turnover of troops than someone who does not abuse gold and therefore could in principle throw more troops into battle at a faster rate and grow faster gaining ABP and DBP at a faster rate than someone who does not abuse gold. As a result that person could be a total noob and yet still have more BP than a smaller players and has less BP and grows at a slower rate.. As a result I consider your criteria for judging a good player rather short sighted and too open to gold abuse.. which in my opinion is no substitute for skill..

Also as for WiC, if you think we are helping them then you might want to check in again with your spies...... The ones that I have not already named and shamed that is.... :p

And she leaves without naming the TD leader who told her that we wanted to found cities in BRB waters... Thus proving my point that you are lying.. Sorry Helena but it wasn't a difficult request....

Everytime I read this I have to shake my head and chuckle. I have played this game for a long time and like everyone else probably too long. Activity and actually knowing how to play the game is key to grepo. Always has been and always will be and I`m not talking about the diplo part cause thats another can of worms.

There are the players in grepo the know how to play but now there is probably only a handful that actually know when and what to do. Even with the abuse of gold in the long run isn`t really a factor if u know what u r doing, it just even the odds. Learn the game from top to bottom and adjust which people are seeming to do less and less and complain even more. I got in l8 in this server and were I am at right now I shouldnt be (in a good way) but I`m not complaining, specially with all the simming I`mm doing. I have learnt this game over years from some good to great players and some of stuff I keep seeing and hear I can only shake my head and chuckle. I`m neither a good or great player I`m just a noob trying to make it in a grepo world

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser51112

I just dont get the strategy. Unless you don't want to win, why ally with alliances that already have a ton of allies. True Fear, Antimatter have proven themselves on their own. Sure things haven't been perfect or pretty for anyone along the way, but why join in the efforts of the massive cluster that is the North? Im not saying it wont be successful, but hard to fight of the 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6th (cant really include 4H in this anymore...they ran to the rim) ranked alliances with them all working together and supporting each other...and to what end? People were so miffed earlier on in these forums with Repo and Rednecks being PACTed and then even more so when it was Repo/Rednecks/Beers. Now we've got a real fight going and there is even more allignment. I get AFCs position...they wanted to survive, knew they were cats at a dog pound unless they alligned, but True Fear and Antimatter? Very confused. They have their own oceans, their own territories, sure they were going to be hit by the big 3 up North, but with more people fighting them it offered infinite opportunities to attack back. Rednecks too...they created a monster in the Beers to avoid fighting what was IB and now are staring up at what was created to be an academy wondering where their dominant position in the world went. This is a weird server...didnt stick around in Sinope for a comparison and wasn't around during en81, but really really weird on its own.
I don't know about Antimatter but in regarding True Fear, I suppose they have deep grudge against former Repo members, and that makes them not to side with them.

DeletedUser10335

ok first of all Rednecks did not form Brb, we left IB and started our own alliance and started conquering other alliances and they disband and we took in their best players. we then became "sister" alliances if you will call it that. similar to what you have done yourself.
you have 2 alliances as well. and you guys did the same thing back when you were repo and debt collectors.
as far as pacting with the other alliances. we are all mates. and know each other from previous worlds. and ummm lets see there is that fact that your alliance is the top alliance of this server.... and how deceitful you are has made you some enemies.
As the world gets older people leave or change alliances and/or change leadership, thats just part of this game. you are just ticked off that Antimatter did not join your coalition and keep attacking rednecks. or that true fear is not loyal to you and attack Brb.
you cant manipulate everyone Timmy...
the fact still remains. you are the top alliance at the moment. and with you academy that makes you even more of a threat. so why would the other alliances try and bring you down a notch or two?

DeletedUser

o

your view of your creation does not match the record of convos i have during the stages of time where brb appeared. the stories of the people you former IB folks left behind and the people you stabbed in the back in the process are pretty classic, but im the great manipulator. thats fine. as is anyone doing what they want to. i just look forward to the time when allies become enemies. if antimatter wants to support the people who took their cities to win the world, they can have at it. if true fear wants to let AFC and the beers gain a bigger stronghold in an ocean they once controlled, fine by me too. i want to have fun. this is fun. looking forward to 11/28 at 18:00. you cant do it on your own...so 6 other alliances with you to give it a heave ho. fun fun fun fun fun.

#2, #3, #4, #5, #6 (+ the horseys)....you can blame this as much as you want on me...i left an alliance because of the drama and did what i could to make the best possible for the people that followed me. that also involved conversations with you. should i dig up the messages of your professed support and the messages from people in your council who said you were advocating that we be attacked at the same time. naside from seek friends when our supposed allies and pact-mates were attacking our cities, spy bombing our cities, not respecting refugee rules, etc. there isnt anything i apologize for. ya'll are worse than fox news up there. everyone says the same unfounded thing on repeat. rinse wash and repeat.

DeletedUser51328

ok first of all Rednecks did not form Brb, we left IB and started our own alliance and started conquering other alliances and they disband and we took in their best players. we then became "sister" alliances if you will call it that. similar to what you have done yourself.
you have 2 alliances as well. and you guys did the same thing back when you were repo and debt collectors.
as far as pacting with the other alliances. we are all mates. and know each other from previous worlds. and ummm lets see there is that fact that your alliance is the top alliance of this server.... and how deceitful you are has made you some enemies.
As the world gets older people leave or change alliances and/or change leadership, thats just part of this game. you are just ticked off that Antimatter did not join your coalition and keep attacking rednecks. or that true fear is not loyal to you and attack Brb.
the fact still remains. you are the top alliance at the moment. and with you academy that makes you even more of a threat. so why would the other alliances try and bring you down a notch or two?

But "Operation Megablast" :eek:

DeletedUser

Originally, ex IB players thought that BRB was simply IB reforming under a new leadership with the majority of its active players. For weeks many had been unhappy with IBs leadership and great players had left to join other alliances.... so something had to be done before IB fell apart

The truth was, the "sister alliance" deal was done with Rednecks before BRB was even formed, with the plan for both alliances to immediately turn on those IB players "left behind" and wipe them off the server. Some IB players were given less than AN HOUR to accept the invite, before it was withdrawn and their cities attacked and put in revolt. I should know, as I was one of those players!!!!!I also had friends in other alliances mailing me to "get out of IB fast"... as the entire server was about to turn on them.

It was BRBs loss though at the end of the day, as had the situation been handled differently by the new leadership.... and not immediately ordered those that jumped ship to turn on their mates and attack them...BRB would have recruited many many other quality players, players who value loyalty and friendship and were hoping to keep everyone together. Most either quit the server completely or went to other alliances.

That's in the past now, ultimately this is nothing new it happens all the time, and credit to BRB for rising up the ranks to the position its in. Only question I have to ask though... was it a mistake on RAs part to allow their "academy" to grow more powerful than them.... and considering how BRB ruthlessly treated their former "friends" and alliance mates.... whats to stop them one day turning on RA, recruiting its best players and eating the rest?? Food for thought ;)

DeletedUser51328

Only question I have to ask though... was it a mistake on RAs part to allow their "academy" to grow more powerful than them.... and considering how BRB ruthlessly treated their former "friends" and alliance mates.... whats to stop them one day turning on RA said:
Well put and the question I keep asking the Megablast-Crew that have grabbed the coat tails with hopes they will be dragged to the end by BRB. How can this not be so obvious to the rest?

DeletedUser

if this op goes the way i think it will, what will your answer be then - we are the antidote to server fixing, the rest of you need to wake up to the big picture.How to win at grep-start a big alliance pre made, get a premade academy..convince every moron alliance to attack anyone you choose and offer them ' protection'.. form a super coalition of like minded morons and SIM out to WW knowing everyone of consequense is on your side and humping your leg like a dog to get a crown. SAD - At The resistance we say BRB, RA, Antimatter, Foolish (and unfort. -true fear whom i rate) plus 4horse, GOH, Pale horse and whomever else = bring it on.

DeletedUser

knowing everyone of consequense is on your side and humping your leg like a dog to get a crown. SAD - At The resistance we say BRB, RA, Antimatter, Foolish (and unfort. -true fear whom i rate) plus 4horse, GOH, Pale horse and whomever else = bring it on.

lolz...

DeletedUser

yup every alliance attacking us at The resistance, 8 cities lost by us and 6 gained by us..thanks for the easy DBP and please keep them coming -all the city intel has been invaluable too, wait til you see what a REAL op looks like :p