Newspaper Discussion

DeletedUser21770

Okay so basically I've been considering setting up a newspaper for Sestos, but it's not something I can dedicate all my time to. On top of that I want you guys to be involved too. So here's a few things I want to ask;

1. Is there anyone who would be up for working with me on this (preferably people from different alliances in a different oceans so that there's a wider range of topics)?

2. What should we call this newspaper?

3. Perhaps most importantly, would anyone actually read this?

DeletedUser21770

I would help I suppose.

Have you got any examples of written work? =] Just so I can take a look and see how you write.

Oh also I meant to add, I'm also looking for someone to maybe make a comic strip to relate to each issue of the paper.

DeletedUser

i would help. I dont have any examples but i enjoy writing in a satirical/comical style.

DeletedUser37640

Like the big bad, this would be a first for me. But Ive seen other papers. I dont see anyone else stepping up that has written one before. Give it some time for others to see.

DeletedUser21770

Yeah fair point. I'll PM you about it later on =]

Anyone have any ideas for names by any chance?

DeletedUser

Choose something generic, like the Sestos Times or something like that.

DeletedUser37640

The Sestos Scoop/Bulletin uh The Weekly Chronicles(weekly daily biweekly w/e).

DeletedUser

The sestos Snooze,

I am not saying it will be boring, snooze sounds like news,

I would love to read it

DeletedUser21770

I think something generic is the best way to go.

Sestos Snooze made me chuckle =P No idea why.

DeletedUser

I would be in to help too, although I'm from Holland what might reduce the quality of the English language in the works.

DeletedUser21770

We've got 3-4 people who're working on it for now so we'll see how it works out =]

DeletedUser21770

I'm unfortunately having to put this idea on the back burner for now. Been informed by my lecturer that he's somehow missed an entire module of my course. I now have a week to fit in a years worth of work so yeah...no time to fit in a newspaper as well.

I'll set a release date for the first edition as soon as everything is settled down, as I've finished uni for the year soon anyway.