21[SUP]st[/SUP] September,2014​

In Today's Issue:
  • Update
  • In-Depth Ocean Analysis
  • War Stats
  • Weekly Stats
  • Competition

Update:

Since last week we have seen "Toxic Movement" fall apart.Rumor has it that it was due to some Ego clashes

within the alliance.Now most members of "Toxic Movement" has left and made a new alliance called

"Avernus".Other than that everything thing else has been quite normal.A few wars broke out.And the war

between the top 3 alliances still continues.
So I decided to do a in-depth ocean analysis of oceans 34,35,44,45,54,55,64 and 65.Hope you enjoy!

In-Depth Ocean Analysis

Lets Start off with the Rim oceans and make our way to the core.

Ocean 34

rDPAWf5.png

7RhoA1V.png
61ZeP8E.png

Top 2 Alliance Interview

1>>Firstly please give us a brief description about -Veni Vidi Vici-
memetim said:
-Veni Vidi Vici- was started by a group of 4 players (Pretorian100, Dries78, DougC and myself) who

play together on another world. We are a mixed group of active experienced and new players. We are still relatively

new compared to some of the big alliances and are therefore concentrating on building our team up and supporting the

newer players with learning the ropes of the game.

2>>You guys are ranked 25 but are in control of O34,What are your thoughts on this and do you'll plan on

expanding into other oceans?

memetim said:
We originally started out in the south west corner on O44 so the obvious next step for us was to

start recruiting in certain areas of O34. At the moment we are concentrating on solidifying our core and running

practice ops, but long term we aim to claim O34 before planning our next move. At the moment O34 is still very much

a new ocean so there is a long way to go yet.

3>>What real threats do you see in O34 from the other alliances there?
memetim said:
At the moment I don't think there are any real skirmishes in O34, it's all about building up there

for everyone at the moment, but as I said it's still a new ocean so there is still time for things to heat

up

4>>Are you guys are war with any alliances?
memetim said:
We don't have any major wars at this time. We have the odd alliance marked up as red due to attacks

on our players, we take protection of our players very seriously, but not anything threatening to us as yet. This

could change shortly as we have noticed some of the more established alliances moving in our direction

5>>What do you think about this world so far? About how there seems to be only 2 real major war etc?
memetim said:
So far we are enjoying playing in this world. It's still very early days and so I don't think only

having 2 major wars at this stage is that much of an issue as I'm sure things will heat up once the rest of us catch

up!
1>>Firstly please give us a brief description about Double Skull.
soultaker27 said:
we started has a few friends and started recruiting first real cq world we have played so bare

with us lol
2>>What are your thoughts on -Veni Vidi Vici-?
soultaker27 said:
-Veni Vidi Vici- have been the biggest alliance in our ocean since we started this world but we

have left each other alone as of yet hopefully work out some sort of agreement so we can go and help fight the

bigger alliances i like a good battle :)
3>>Do you guys see the above alliance as a threat?If so how do you'll plan on dealing with that threat?
soultaker27 said:
soultaker27 said:
no war as of yet we are still in the building stages so hopefully in a few weeks we will be right

on track
5>>What do you think about this world so far?About how there seems to be only 2 real major war etc?
soultaker27 said:
world is good at the moment things are going pretty well

Well these top 5 alliances are not at war with each other.Which makes this Ocean a bit boring.If "Double

skull"
does go to war with -veni- it's hard to see them surviving.What i think is that the top 2 alliances might

merge in this ocean soon and try expanding into another ocean.

Ocean 35

jEZqNdI.png

iNmwjat.png
LJn3Nms.png

Top 2 Alliance Interview

1>>Firstly please give us a brief description about Impervious
Soluto I said:
This is simple, we are small team as you can see, very selective with our recruitment. We like to

consider ourselves as a "fighting unit" as we are a very aggressive and well coordinated alliance which can be seen

specifically through our impressive growth in the ABP leaderboards recently:)

2>>You guys are ranked 22 but are in control of O35,What are your thoughts on this and do you'll plan on

expanding into other oceans?

Soluto I said:
Well of course that rank could be higher but we are clearly a very small team respectively in

comparison to most, but yeah expansion is a necessity and we have a clear plan for our alliances direction

anyway.

3>>What real threats do you see in O35 from the other alliances there?
Soluto I said:
None haha, no one has caused us a problem here nor do i think anyone will, however this does not

mean the future will be easy sailing.

Soluto I said:
We are not in an actual "war" with any alliances at this point just clearing 035 of anyone thats in

the way rather than targeting a specific group for now..

5>>What do you think about this world so far? About how there seems to be only 2 real major war etc?
Soluto I said:
Well all i can say is that sooner or later the focus of this world will not all be on OCEANS

VETERANS, RUSE and Venominium:)
1>>Firstly please give us a brief description about Noble Rouges
Todd3368 said:
Noble Rogues are a combination of seasoned players and some very new but eager players. We see

ourselves growing strong and growing pretty quick. We have pacted with some decent alliances to help us in our cause

against Impervious.
2>>You'll seem to be at war with Impervious.If so how did this war begin?
Todd3368 said:
Our war with Impervious started the way many wars do. They felt they could push us around because of

their size and so far they have found out that they are wrong. We have sunk every CS they have sent our way. The

only CS that has gotten through was to a new member who felt he was too new to ask for help.
3>>What do you think about this world so far?About how there seems to be only 2 real major war etc?
Todd3368 said:
So far I am enjoying this world. This is my first conquest world and my first world with

Heroes.

War Stats

Impervious vs Noble Rogues
1:0​

Well in the last 30 days impervious has taken only 1 city of Noble rogues.Honestly i dont even see this as a war.If

Impervious need to watch out for any alliance it's "Warriors of Gaea" their BP count seems to be impressive!

Ocean 64

VvnKQRZ.png

yg9CarB.png
77EK3jg.png

Top 2 Alliance Interview
1>>Firstly please give us a brief description about Epic.
tfxheribert0 said:
Epic
From Latin epicus, in turn from Greek epikos, from epos, word, song.

Google: Epic

ep·ic
ˈepik/Submit
noun

1. a long poem, typically one derived from ancient oral tradition, narrating the deeds and adventures of heroic or

legendary figures or the history of a nation.

synonyms: heroic poem; story, saga, legend, romance, chronicle, myth, fable, tale
the genre of epic poems.

"the romances display gentler emotions not found in Greek epic"
a long film, book, or other work portraying heroic deeds and adventures or covering an extended period of time.
"a Hollywood biblical epic"
synonyms: long film; informalblockbuster
"a big Hollywood epic"

adjective
adjective: epic

1. of, relating to, or characteristic of an epic or epics.
"England's national epic poem Beowulf"
synonyms: heroic, long, grand, monumental, Homeric, Miltonian
"a traditional epic poem"

2>>in the Top 6 alliances and already close to controlling 2 oceans,what are your thoughts on this?
tfxheribert0 said:
EPIC is focused mainly in Ocean 64 while EPIC II has gained the number one spot in ocean

3>>What real threats do you see in O64 from the other alliances there?
tfxheribert0 said:
Right now anybody who isn’t green is a threat. No matter how small an alliance may be.

4>>What do you think about O64?There seems to be plenty of huge alliances in it,do you think your alliances can

stay at that number 1 spot?

tfxheribert0 said:
Yes I do. If we continue to work as a team and stay aggressive.

5>>Are you guys are war with any alliances?
tfxheribert0 said:
Right now; No. However ask us next week and our answer might be different.

6>>What do you think about this world so far?About how there seems to be only 2 real major war etc?
tfxheribert0 said:
I feel the world is still young. When alliances can’t work as team; They fall fairly quickly

like Legion did. New wars will appear soon since alliances are bound to enter each others “territory”.

NR Was not interested in answering questions for the newspaper.

Anyhow O64 does seem to be a bit live now.The top 2 alliances are having a few matters that need to be dealt with

soon or there could be a major war starting up here as well.So anyone interested do keep a eye on this ocean for

further details.War is not really the option right now,but the 2 alliances might go to war.

DeletedUser30490

Ocean 65

rIKHT60.png

nuQH7d0.png
YkwLXen.png

Top 2 Alliance Interview

Again SR/NR were not interested.
The BORG]
1>>Firstly please give us a brief description about The BORG.
Aristotle Nua said:
We are the Borg. Lower your walls and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and

technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us.
Resistance is futile.
2>>How do you guys feel to be in the rank 2 spot in O65?Is rank 2 really enough or will you'll look to gain the

number 1 spot there?

Aristotle Nua said:
We don't feel we just assimilate and right now we are assimilating the Warriors of Wessex to

grab our rightful spot as owners of 65.
3>>If you'll do decide that,won't your relationships with SR not permit you'll from doing that?
Aristotle Nua said:
Our pact with SR will remain strong their leader Ivericcus and I have a strong bond built up

over time. We are not a threat to them and they are not a threat to us.
4>>What other threats do you see in O65?
Aristotle Nua said:
There are no threats in ocean 65 except us.
Aristotle Nua said:
Just with Warriors of Wessex
6>>What do you think about this world so far?About how there seems to be only 2 real major war etc?
Aristotle Nua said:
Time will tell we hear things it will not be so peaceful for long!

War Stats
The BORG vs Warriors of Wessex
5:1​
One more boring ocean because of the pact between the top 3 alliances.I don't rally see "The BORG" getting the no.1

spot in this ocean unless they're willing to go to war with their pact.And since they have a good bond together dont

see that happening either.As for the borg war with the warriors...The BORG seems to be winning that one easy.

To the Core....

Ocean 44

ruWZKm4.png

Nt8Mrmz.png
2AvAkLv.png

Top 2 Alliance Interview

Venominium]
1>>Firstly please give us a brief description about Venominium.
The Big Bad said:
Venom is an alliance that prides itself on having dominant players, awesome teamwork, and an

active skype room with content that would make baudins head explode.

2>>Why does your leader see the need to have a presence in 3 out of the 4 core oceans?
The Big Bad said:
oceans are imaginary lines. we joined the world right as it opened, our core is in the center of

the server. we are just expanding naturally. actually, thats not entirely true. Ocean 45 happened because the KoH

founder was disrespectful to the wrong one of our members. you can see how that worked out for them.

3>>O44 and O45 looks to be a safe heaven for Venom.Mostly because you guys seems to be having a NAP with The

Scorpions and Lightning Shadows.It's either that or there has to be some other reason?

The Big Bad said:
troop speed 2. simple reason. there was distance between our allies. the scorpions time is

approaching quickly though. :)

4>>What alliances seems to be like a threat to venom in O44 and O45?
The Big Bad said:
scorpions are the most annoying alliancce on any server they join. they arent talented. but

really really annoying.

5>>Do you guys think you'll can take the number 1 spot in O45 as well?
The Big Bad said:
its a long server, in time, i anticipate being the #1 alliance in several oceans.

The Big Bad said:
i think if the server looks anything like it does now, in 3 months, i will be shocked. i forsee

alot of alliances disbanding and hopefully some real ones reforming in their place.
1>>Firstly please give us a brief description about The Scorpions.
gREGORY MCDANIEL said:
We have a dedicated and knowledgeable team, we formed in Athens, grew in Thebes, each server

contributed about half of our core players. We continue to grow here, picking up some promising players already. We

attained the highest rank of third in both servers and fully intend to improve on that.
2>>You guys seem to be solely based in O44.Rank 2 in an ocean is not bad but everyone wants to be on top.Do you

think that is possible with Venominium leading the ocean?

gREGORY MCDANIEL said:
Yes we do.
3>>Does your alliance have any relationships with venom?If not how come there doesn't seem to be any tension

between the 2 alliances?

gREGORY MCDANIEL said:
Venominium and The Scorpions are enemies. We had an unprovoked attack, by them on the 9th of

September, and declared them enemy the same day.
4>>What alliances are a threat to you in O44?
gREGORY MCDANIEL said:
Most of the Non-Venominium members are our friends, have the same enemy or have a small

presence. We work hard to ensure Venominium are our only threat, so we can remain focused on them.
gREGORY MCDANIEL said:
Yes, as discussed, Venominium.
gREGORY MCDANIEL said:
We are excited, even though it is still early, we know we are on the right path, with the

right friends and the right enemy, we are sure of it.
War Stats

Venominium vs The Scorpions
4:0​

Sorry to say this cant really see how "Scorpions" plan on being no.1 with those stats.Not taken a single city yet.As

for the Ocean,well it's full of top alliances all engaged in their own wars.Some who are slowly using their

time,flying under the radar and establishing them selves pretty well to face any of the top 3 alliances.Would be

interesting to see how they do.

Ocean 45

2KEYVSY.png

qac7IMm.png
yKDhOoy.png

Top 2 Alliance Interview
No interviews here,LS was not interested.Check venom's reply above.

Ocean 54

aXJyykQ.png

caKLLYy.png
x35QFLI.png

Top 2 Alliance Interview

1>>Firstly please give us a brief description about Ruse.
Simply-Stormborn said:
We are your friendly neighborhood turtoise
2>>You guys are in 2 core oceans.In O54 because of OV and well the other is your ocean.Do you think even with the pressure venom will put that OV will break?
Simply-Stormborn said:
Well unless we can hug OCEANS MERMAIDS to death then they will not disband they are good players and a top team
3>>Will you'll be able to take the number 1 spot in O54?
Simply-Stormborn said:
Number 1 in 54 is ambitious and turtles will prosper slowly but surely
4>>What real threats do you see in O54 and O55 from the other alliances there?
Simply-Stormborn said:
The illuminati who isn't scared of them?
Simply-Stormborn said:
No as i said before turtles are peaceful animals who's martial art of toe nibbling only comes into play on seldom occasions
Simply-Stormborn said:
I think this is a great world for us to roam the oceans
OV Aint Interested.

So now this ocean seems to eb where most of it all began.Ruse seems to be doing a really good job and OV is also not giving up.The war in this ocean will go on for a very long time for sure!Cause as persistent Ruse may be OV doesn't look like the type of players who will just quit.

Ocean 55

yS9hwZ6.png

http://i.imgur.com/q8aSwFn.png
http://i.imgur.com/Ovoay96.png

Top 2 Alliance Interview
Evo doesn't want to take part in the paper anymore so again another ocean without interviews.Sorry guys!

War Stats

Ruse Vs Oceans Veterans
36 Cities taken:2 Cities taken
94.7% City Gains From the total cities taken by both sides in this war:5.2% City Gains

Venominium Vs Oceans Veterans
13 Cities taken:6 Cities taken
68.4% City Gains From the total cities taken by both sides in this war:31.5% City Gains

Evolution Vs Southern Riots
8 Cities taken:1 Cities taken
88.8% City Gains From the total cities taken by both sides in this war:11.1% City Gains

This is pretty much it for major war if i', correct.Apologies if i missed any.

Weekly Stats

CjZsslP.png
xJdc8IY.png
hlg1T8d.png
tHx3m5A.png
eMJurWM.png
VqmwFXc.png
"Expect Player,Alliance Ranking fluctuations from next issue on wards"

Competition

Okay so this week we shall test who has luck shall we?

Description
First 15 posters to choose 1 number between 1-15 will be will be added to the list below.Then i shall pick a number randomly.Out of these number 6 random numbers will have the following rewards,
No.a:4X Weddings+4XNatures Gift
No.b:300 Free BP!
No.c:Hapiness+3K of each resource
No.d: Plague casted on a city of the number holder
No.e:Earthquake casted on a city of the number holder
No.f:Lightning bolt casted on a city of the number holder.

So in this competition you got to have the luck as well to pick the right number.Only 6 numbers will have a reward the other 8 will have nothing.So if a number without any of the above rewards are generated that player receives 400 of each resource.
Hope everyone enjoys!

2.MJRules
7.supermario95
8.Drench.
9.annalionwolf
13.Rock5

Finally it's over.This paper took me roughly about 6 hours to finish.At a strech.So hope everyone enjoys it.The remaining rims will be done next week.Dont forget to rep if you like it.
Enjoy!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sorry to say this cant really see how "Scorpions" plan on being no.1 with those stats.Not taken a single city yet.As

for the Ocean,well it's full of top alliances all engaged in their own wars.Some who are slowly using their

time,flying under the radar and establishing them selves pretty well to face any of the top 3 alliances.Would be

interesting to see how they do.
[/SIZE]

Since they throw members out when they are about to lose a city it is hard to beat their managed "Stats".

DeletedUser31480

Awesome read, +rep ofcorse :)

Well in the last 30 days impervious has taken only 1 city of Noble rogues.Honestly i dont even see this as a war.If
Impervious need to watch out for any alliance it's "Warriors of Gaea" their BP count seems to be impressive!

Ok, the stats on Impervious vs WOG is 18:0. So I dont consider WOG a threat.
The stats on Impervious vs Noble rouges is 1:0, soon this will change :)

DeletedUser

Awesome read, +rep ofcorse :)

Ok, the stats on Impervious vs WOG is 18:0. So I dont consider WOG a threat.
The stats on Impervious vs Noble rouges is 1:0, soon this will change :)

Beat me to it haha, WOG have caused us no trouble:)

On a positive note, very good read! thanks for the feature ;)

DeletedUser44089

very long but good +rep

Number 7 please.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

"Our war with Impervious started the way many wars do."

I am pretty convinced we arent at war with anyone? lol

DeletedUser31480

"Our war with Impervious started the way many wars do."

I am pretty convinced we arent at war with anyone? lol

Our day to day business seems like war to others :p:p

Oh I will take number 1 for the competition

DeletedUser40768

Nice job Druvi, good to see a newspaper up again :) Now if only I was able to +rep you :(

DeletedUser43011

I don't understand, just saying that it was very long and good, meaning that it had enough substance to warrant the length.

That's cool is sounded like you was critising the length in a bad way. My bad

DeletedUser47899

Going to look forward to the change in the 035 stats within the next few weeks.

Would have loved an interview with Warriors of Gaea, especially as we've been tearing them apart over the past month.

DeletedUser46838

I don't know if I should say this but you should:

• Add a space between the punctuation and the beginning of the next word.
  • Add more oceans
  • add comics