Next Time... Don't Change Your Alliance Name

DeletedUser

What is up Alliance-Formerly-Known-as-STW?

Over the past several weeks, your alliance name has changed several times, and many of them have been directed toward individual players.

I'm a bit disappointed, and to be quite honest, I've lost any remaining respect for you guys.

These names aren't even witty.

It is already bad enough to endure the long, boring pm's about how you never sleep and/or how you plan to 'get me' or whatever blah, blah, blah, but now to stoop to such a level that you have to insult peeps by changing your alliance name?

Really? Really?

Unless the alliance is a bunch of 12-year-old kids on a sugar high (which I know you are not), this sort of thing is pretty much repugnant.

While it's one thing to have an obnoxious profile aimed at individuals and/or specific alliances (which I also find to be rather poor form), it's a whole new low to call peeps out in your alliance name.

Also, I think this says a whole lot about you, and what it says isn't very good.

Is it supposed to get peeps fired up to play? Or is it simply meant to rub peeps face in the fact that you got lucky? Oooo ooo! Is this part of your strategy to get peeps to get so incredibly sick of playing anywhere near you they just quit?

I think I liked it better when you were just bragging and boasting and setting ridiculously lofty goals. While it was annoying, at least it wasn't insulting to other players. I mean, if you have an issue with a player, take it up with him/her. It's just completely unnecessary to basically broadcast your individual fracas to everyone.

Basically, you need a time-out for some self-reflection and a serious lesson on how not to be choochy because right now it just looks like you feel so powerless, the only thing within your control is changing your alliance name to something insulting.

Maybe it's time to put a little more focus and thought into your actual game strategy and less on renaming your alliance weekly.

DeletedUser

Not one person has said it was "insulting" - in fact a few have said "I feel honored to be mentioned"

Our name changes are meant to bring humour to the game and never meant to insult or degrade - its a game and thats how we view it

If we were insulting someone - that would be against the rules and so far no mod has said a word about it - should they inform us it is against the rules - then we would abide by them

Most of the times we even tell you which player is under conquest just to help you out to give you a fighting change to break one of our conquests

in the meantime several players have named their cities with derogatory names with our specific names - these players have been warned about it and measures have been taken - if our alliance name was derogatory - then we as an alliance would have long since received a warning or disciplinary action - so I am assuming we have not broken any rules.

You have get off that eight foot horse and dismount anytime and come down to the trenches and play the game. We are an eleven player alliance at war with the entire server and just playing a better game - every alliance we have a positive track record against over the past thirty days and occupy more of the top BP positions than any other alliance.

Yes, we have lofty goals but its because of the quality of our record demands it.

I just see an alliance that does not have a strong enough leadership, amongst three MEGA alliances, to take their ten to one advantage and beat a micro alliance all grouped in one corner of the server.

Don't be so frustrated - better people than you have tried to beat us and failed almost as miserably.

DeletedUser

Oh Clive, Clive, Clive...

Frustrated, I am not. Re-read your own post darling, as your post proves my point.

And I am sure some peeps have thanked you for your thoughtful re-names. In a sense, I'm sure some peeps feel honored by the fact that were able to get under your skin enough to have you change it to "honor" them in such a fashion.

As for being a game: yes it is, which is exactly why I find it less than sportsmanship-like.

Also, don't make it sound like you're getting picked on here. You chose to branch out and wanted to fight everyone. It's just unfortunate you did it at a time when most of the peeps don't have the same drive they used to have. I mean, how long have a lot of us been playing here? And being a game, most aren't on 24/7, so yes, you will get some cities every now and then.

No one has said anything here regarding your organization or leadership. The only topic here was your name changes. No one has said anything about who is "better" or "worse" either, so I don't feel inclined to address it more than to say: I'm okay with being average.

Oh, yeah, and my horse is only like a seven footer. *wink*

DeletedUser

Oh Clive, Clive, Clive...

Frustrated, I am not. Re-read your own post darling, as your post proves my point.

And I am sure some peeps have thanked you for your thoughtful re-names. In a sense, I'm sure some peeps feel honored by the fact that were able to get under your skin IT DOES NOT GET UNDER MY SKIN - I'M NOT THE ONE TAKING THE TIME - TO OPEN A THREAD - OUTSIDE OF THE GAME - TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE - enough to have you change it to "honor" them in such a fashion.

As for being a game: yes it is, which is exactly why I find it less than sportsmanship-like. THAT'S YOUR OPINION OF WHAT IS SPORTSMAN LIKE AND WHAT IS NOT - THERE IS NO RULE THAT I HAVE TO KEEP THE SAME ALLIANCE - U HAVE TO UNDERSTAND WHO WE ARE - WE ARE ABIDING BY THE RULES OF SUN TZU - AND IT IS CLEARLY HIS PHILOSOPHY - "WAR IS NOT ABOUT GLORY OR SHOWING OFF YOUR STRENGHT - IT IS ABOUT WINNING BY ANY AND ALL MEANS - NOW - WE DON'T CHEAT BUT OBVIOUSLY WE HAVE PROVOKED YOU INTO WRITING THIS LONG WINDED DIATRIBE ABOUT HOW YOU HAVE LOST RESPECT.......WE DON'T NEED - WANT - OR GAIN FROM YOUR RESPECT - WE WANT YOUR CITIES

Also, don't make it sound like you're getting picked on here. You chose to branch out and wanted to fight everyone. It's just unfortunate you did it at a time - SOUNDS LIKE IT WAS EXACTLY THE RIGHT TIME - when most of the peeps don't have the same drive they used to have. I mean, how long have a lot of us been playing here? And being a game, most aren't on 24/7, so yes, you will get some cities every now and then. - SOME CITIES....SOME CITIES - CHECK THE GREPOSTATS AND YOU WILL SEE IT IS A NUMBER FAR EXCEEDING ALL OTHERS BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS - CAN YOU SPELL HYPERBOLE.

No one has said anything here regarding your organization or leadership. YOU ARE CORRECT - I WAS POINTING THE OTHER ALIANCES LACK OF IT The only topic here was your name changes. No one has said anything about who is "better" or "worse" either, so I don't feel inclined to address it more than to say: I'm okay with being average. - YOUR POST IS FILLED WITH INNUENDO AND SLIGHTS ABOUT HOW WE ARE NOT AS "GOOD" AS YOU

Oh, yeah, and my horse is only like a seven footer. - NO MY "DEAR" - THE COLLOQUIALISM I WAS REFERRING TO WAS "GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE - MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE DRAWN A PICTURE OF A HORSE WITH A MARY JANE IN ITS MOUTH BUT THEN I THINK THAT MIGHT GIVE YOU AN IMPRESSION THAT WAS LISTENING TO "LUCY IN THE SKY WITH DIAMONDS" *wink*

Sorry for the shouting within the reply - its is really the only way a colorblind person can emphasize their words embedded within the "rant".

DeletedUser22263

this will be my only replay to this as i am going to have some fun ingame

remember we have been there with you and we all left of one specefic reason
the reason is - was not you
WE accepted to join you guys , we gae you allso a buncj of cities without asking anything back , even this someone of us was kicked out because they was " too agressive players " - rest of us desided after the Leaders in TR ignored the players wishes and removed every other players we have targetted / they simply took them ito the alliance against most of the players wishes
After this kicking out some of our players the rest of us desided to follow them as we have been together from the day one the server started.
you know i have a bunch of friends in this server from many different alliances and the only comment to the name changes is - you guys get a smile on our face as it is so easy to see for other what you are doing

we all agree in it is a wargame - and we all should have fun
we follow the rules on every step we take

we serve you the names on a silverplate .
USE the info instead of complaining ;)

DeletedUser30228

Only thing I can see here is that the name changes must have gotten under someones skin already :D

DeletedUser

example - current city name

I dream of Electric Mice - we have gmouse under conquest - the reference is of course to "I dream of Electric Sheep" - an Asimov book that was adopted to "I - Robot" starring Will Smith

we even give you the name of the player we are conquesting just to help you put up a fight - of course you have not been able to break many of our conquests - not because we are strong - but we play as a TEAM

You might try this as a strategy - who knows - it has to be better than the system you are using now - ANYTHING WOULD BE

DeletedUser

Next alliance name - Can Plasma Cut Brie Wall

of course the player - plasmahal2 - is sending thirty six attacks against my viper city - thirty six attacks against an established brie wall of thirteen hundred brie

of course most of the attacks are in the six to seventeen hour range and this city is right in our core with nearly five hundred cities in less than five hour range.

yesterday it was gmmg hitting with forty attacks on various cities and i believe without exception he lost every LS he had

today - you have lined up a new "kamikaze" to try his luck at this suicide mission - the problem is that it will take no loss than a week to totally rebuild - but hey - its DOUBLE BP day

everytime we wonder how we can get more slots via more BP and you just keep coming to our rescue - im not sure who helps us more - our own players or the silly strategies employed - it really is a toss up

DeletedUser

Only thing I can see here is that the name changes must have gotten under someones skin already :D

Yup. It has gotten under my skin that such juvenile antics have been employed.

And I see now that they'll continue.

Since I won't be sucked into this vacuum of immaturity any further, I'll just let you continue what you do best knowing I won't stoop to this level of silliness.

Enjoy. *wink*

DeletedUser

the "real silliness here" is the fact our alliance names reflect the horrible tactics being employed - it has to get under your skin that three allliances with fifty plus player are losing city after city to ten TEAM players

I would definitely look to your leaders to remedy this - ohhhh that's right - YOU ARE ONE OF THE ONES IN CHARGE

DeletedUser

No, the real silliness here is that there is a group of ten players that do nothing but play Grepolis every waking moment they have. That alone is more pathetic than anything else containing this thread herein.

DeletedUser32373

No, the real silliness here is that there is a group of ten players that do nothing but play Grepolis every waking moment they have. That alone is more pathetic than anything else containing this thread herein.

Get a life.