NFL American Football

DeletedUser

I think this is an appropriate quote.

"I grew up in Texas. Football is ubiquitous in Texas. Pro Football, college Football, High School Football, Pee-wee Football; In fact, every form of Football except the original: European Football, which most Texans believe to be a commie plot.

Robbed from Big Bang Theory? :p

DeletedUser

Well my experience as a starting wing on a tier b national championship winning high school rugby club doesn't count since I am american, even though we play union here too. And just throw the whole state ranked running back in high school handegg experience out the window as well.

DeletedUser

Well my experience as a starting wing on a tier b national championship winning high school rugby club doesn't count since I am american, even though we play union here too. And just throw the whole state ranked running back in high school handegg experience out the window as well.

So it is handegg not football? :p

and if you've saw how thee new Zelanders play rugby it makes handegg seem like they're playing with a turd

DeletedUser

if rugby is so fantastic why aren't those players making 20 million dollars a year.

because no one wants to watch that.

put the accomplishments of any soccer player, save pele, against those of a walter payton or jim brown, johnny unitas, and the amount of recognition those players receive, and you'll understand passionate fans and rich history.

soccer surely has been around a long time, but how difficult is it to kick a ball? everyone can do it, it takes far less skill to do that then throw a 60 yard spiral.

truthfully, to each their own. But if someone starts a topic about NFL American Football, is it really necessary to come in here and force your views on everyone else by hijacking the topic? Surely there's more constructive ways of showing us you're european other than criticizing our sports? Why not take a shot at Obama, he's surely not as beloved as Football in America... :)

DeletedUser2663

1st of we have 3 sports mentioned.
Soccer
football
and rugby

even in NZ we know the dif between all three. soccer= football is a english thing

soccer - in the FIFA lvl i would say the most skillful sport, (i have played all three sports and to get that good at soccer is amazing)
football- a good ol american classic, nothin more needs to be siad as that should say it all. tough as on the body in a power sense, alot of dmg is taken by the body but the body itself isnt wasted after the match, just feels like it
rugby - man i love the fact whenever rugby is mentioned new zealand follows =) one of the most physically demanding sports. always running for 80 minutes while taking a beating (watch good ol jo rocko thocko (i cant even spell his name) tackle some guys and then you will get an idea of how much they will be hurting).

JJ i must say though the all blacks here are the most famous people NZ has. I can not think of any1 more famous or respected in NZ than the all blacks and the fact they represent our country as one of the best in the world at our sport makes up for the significantly lower pay wage (+ NZ is poor as hell )

DeletedUser

if rugby is so fantastic why aren't those players making 20 million dollars a year.

because no one wants to watch that.

put the accomplishments of any soccer player, save pele, against those of a walter payton or jim brown, johnny unitas, and the amount of recognition those players receive, and you'll understand passionate fans and rich history.

soccer surely has been around a long time, but how difficult is it to kick a ball? everyone can do it, it takes far less skill to do that then throw a 60 yard spiral.

truthfully, to each their own. But if someone starts a topic about NFL American Football, is it really necessary to come in here and force your views on everyone else by hijacking the topic? Surely there's more constructive ways of showing us you're european other than criticizing our sports?
What's the need for that?

Why not take a shot at Obama, he's surely not as beloved as Football in America... :)

Thats like saying how much skill does it take to grab a ball and run with it?

And look at this accomplishment: Has and American footballer ever done this? I think not :p
also look at the old firm, one of the most known football rivalries across the world and it's not even two of the best teams.

I was just trying to get my point across that it's not really football as with most games ending in "ball" the prefix is usually to do what the sport does "hand-ball" "basketball" "football" and of course "handegg" :p
I shoulda guessed I wouldn't have been able to say that without stirring up poo.

And I don't get the Obama bit lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6983

I like NEW YORK JETS

MArk Sanchez #6

Winning the superbowl this year. Im calling it early ;)

DeletedUser

We don't wear over 9000 layers of padding and protection when we play rugby.

And yet somehow few players get hurt while in men's football concussions are a constant fact and paraylis horrible but far from unheard of. It seems in rugby they must not actually hit (maybe because they're Euro's and to small to do it). Don't get me wrong I like rugby its actually a big deal in my home town though the men's team exists primarily to give the football players more practice time.

DeletedUser

I used to play GridIron for a few years when i was at college and so on.

Back then (early 90's) I followed the 49ers more than any other team, although my best mate in the team was from America and adored the Raiders as he had grown up during their unbeatable phase and his dad was a hardcore Oakland fan !! Although there were some great great players who stick in the mind. I guess Jerry Rice has to be the most amazing one, as he played for both teams and what he could do to catch a football used to just permanantly be on slow mo replay whenever we watched it on TV in the pre Gary Immlach days with Mick Luckhurst !! I think him and Montana had one of those golden partnerships that you sometimes get in sports and was gutted when they went their seperate ways in early 90's.

I always played on the line and defense was my first love as you get to be far more aggressive and inventive, so I guess I also had a huge amount of time for Reggie White and of course Dick Lebeau's Steelers were like an angry rampaging beast of a thing that made these massive hits that used to make us whince just watching it !!!

I dont really follow it a great deal now although I often watch a game every couple of weeks on C4. I was chuffed the Saints managed it last year, and I was also interested to watch Rothlisberger do it again the year before, he's gonna be the man for the next decade I think.

J.