No Brakes / No Speed Limits : postive project.

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos
No Brakes - No Speed Limits

The No Brakes project was a project where a lot of love was put in, many work and 1 team with a positive energy worthwhile from the beginning.

It was the first project I (ErikWijmeersch) started as a founder with a full team, with about 100 members.
Friend and foe who know me know that I, as founder always start with less than 20 members, yes there are other servers where you see me as a players, those teams often are and greater, I remember +200 peeps but that was never my work .
As a soldier with the highest rankings fighter maybe I was hugely important @ Eviction <notice, but I was never the boss, highest I was was a leader (ops leader).

But about the positive project.

Everyone looked forward to seeing together a group of fighters in one piece.
No prejudice, no looking back, everyone was welcome.
To use the words of my old mentor kronnoss, let's look ahead and certainly don't mix the past with the present , in other words, start fresh don't mix servers.

Many were looking forward after a server ful of dramatic events, a large group of players openly said they would retire, so this time my large project, my very first project in my whole grepolis life was about to start.
I asked close friends to join, friends I highly respected, Weasy Louise, was 1 of those.
She could not join she said she retired from grepolis.
Raivo who i gave 2 victories in grepolis and tbh loved to see him in our team was in our pre-made skype group but 24hours later he dissapeared in the night.

Little that I knew he had already openly stated he would join Golgi only if he could have my scalp....
I cannot remember 1 moment i said something bad about this player, only thing I do remember is that I had that man saved from death in two earlier servers and brought him into Eviction Notice. So many enemies know the truth so they to were suprised.

karlo ( Musketeers) asked many of our players not to join my team, or reconsider, to name some, Geccacon was asked by karlo to reconsider (they are both from the same coubntry).

But the positive project was ready to go and not that many could be persuaded to change this crew for the others.
The original plan: Karlo's team North West, No Brakes, south west.

This info was also said by me against the third team, led by Ktomic as former diplomat.
I had no reason to secrecy, afterall Ktomic said Killerbees would join only two weeks after.
Great was our surprise that the next day we saw that Ktomics team choose the direction I told him we should take .
With Musks at North-west / Killerbees at South-East, we were left with 2 options, we chose the most difficult path, north west, between both of them.

We could have easily spawned behind either 1 of the others, but nobody would gain anything if we did this, no better for NB's positive project to give everyone a fair chance, so our only alternative was a direction what was not choosen by any of the others.
The speed No brakes took control over 54 ocean was unprecedented.
When we got the offer of a larger alliance (friends) to eat together Musketeers, it was a very difficult decision to refuse the open goal.

I try not to mix the past with the present, but never forget who my friends are.
Weasy aka Louise who was my long time friend , who told me she would not join Golgi and was getting into retirement changed her mind and was all the sudden with so many other friends of mine in Musketeers (Rita, karlo, Praeh, Weasy) to name the most important ones.

So my only logic was to get after friends (stay out 44) and take controle of my core ocean.
My hope for the sequel was very simple, each would go its own way, we to the south and the west and the Musks to that other direction.
Each server is a marathon so my hope that both would survive and with summer holidays for the door, then we would see what was left of options. I was hopefull to reconnect with old buddies.

Unfortunately my enemies project was less positive , it all became clear after the death of the alliance (friends).
I will never be able to prove that weasy's retirement was a lie, that the increasingly reflexive lies were conscious or unconscious, the most important, that she was never a leader.

In any case, she was surprised when I made her clear that I only started to attack her after she threw the first stone in my direction, a wholly manties nuke, the result we all know, epic batles and some lovely goldabuse.
Sometimes we see a team follow another team for another chance of success, but I never saw a large group of people actively monitor and follow one person, I try to see it from the bright side , I must have done epic things in other servers.
I've never started a server with more than 20 members, do not ask me why, but @ Golgi suddenly everyone, old enemies, old friends were angry that I had a team with 100 players.

Beth in Abedra was part of a large group with kronnoss and Weasy, why it has been allowed to Weasy, Karlo, Kronnoss, Pratreek to use pre-mades of 4 full teams and that 50% of that same group of people suddenly criticize me, the answer will be never said openly.

All i know that everybody was extremely hostile to me for having 100 members.
After the musketeers declared war on me, it were my old friends again who cried and complained all the time.
I would have violated the mutual agreement of attacking too early.
24 hours before the declaration of war, Raivo aka Fishermen, stepped out his team started to strike us with two others, and he only rejoined musketeers after the war was declared.

Also handy to tell that Raivo, fool as he's continued with attacks for more than 12 hours, even sending CS'ships.

See it from a real life event.
Hypothetically!

Russian soldiers who would take off their uniforms, entered the Turkish territory, start shooting at everything that moves, then back across the border, the soldiers pull their old uniforms again on and then shoot through a halfe day rockets across the border.
You would think that Russian diplomats should contact directly the Turkish ones and the persons handing the border crossing would have brought to justice, and diplomatic apology would be given.
Nothing, not a word of explanation, we asked for and received nothing.
I can hardly believe that this was not premeditated, but what is certain, no nation would respect the old agreements after an event like this.

No Bakes was a very positive project, the Musketeers were not so, the result was visible on the battlefield, many did not wish to fight , apparently many ordinary soldiers were more honorable than many of musks high ranked.

A lot walked away, some got beaten, and a relative large group were so unhappy they asked me to join us.
Agian I received criticism.
Never, in Golgi server I went actively looking for new blood, new members from the enemy camp, I never did it and I never complaint to weasy or karlo when another group of NO Brake player mentioned to me they were stalked by musketeers leaders to join them, a positive project don't need active recruitment.
Yes, there are musketeers who have joined us, unfortunate and unhappy players who never felt welcome in the musketeers project, they came knocking on my doorsteps.

Any positive project also needs respect for the opponent.
If the enemy asks to save player x or player y becasue real-life event than it was accepted without discussion.

Fair enough my enemy also gave mercy a number of times.

Sometimes I had my doubts, but never how big doubts were I was authorized to play for God.
The enemy in the name of Tim jarndog felt he had the sole right to decide who was a liar and who is not.
I as founder and a member of the large game collective thinks it's not up to me to decide.

Saddening to see that the enemy thinks differently about it, especially when I think of those 30 colony ships that we ourselves had sunk to save Uncle Bulgaria from totall destruction.

It took us a while to find that 1 trusted pact.

NB/NSL had a diplo from the old school , promise only those things we can deliver , hwe don't like to break our word, we leave that honor to others, so the way we do diplomatic things are a bit more complicated and difficult.

Diplomatic agreements in grepolis is what can be agreed and achieved in favor for both parties.

False promises, creating slave alliances had no place in a positive project what NB/NSL was.

We did exactly what Killerbees so proudly had written on their alliance profile the first weeks of Golgi.

By now we should be in the last straight line for world wonders.

Instead of 4000 NB/NSL cities in 54 ocean, we now have one big ghost ocean.

In this post it does not much matter, why and how, this post is about the postive what No brakes / No Speed Limits was for us leaders , we had awesome times, we had hard times, we were not spared from drama, but most important we showed some amazing kills served by us, and with this long letter I wish to thank all my members and the players in Golgi who played for themselves and not for a hidden "eriks" agenda.

erik

Last edited:

DeletedUser17513

Well a lot has been said, some is true, yes, however not all is on spot erik.. as you know i now have mix feelings regarding Killer Beez, however i can assure you that KB were never KT's idea nor his ally(he was ordinary member inside the family), KT alongside destro were invited to KB premade by me via skype few days prior to very early start.

and yeah, the ocean is a ghost town and world is more less boring.. :Angry:

DeletedUser47446

This was by far the best GREPO time I've had, with hands down the best team I've been with. I was sad the way it was left, but I'm glad I was able to go down with my brothers in arms. I really hope to have the chance to fight along side you again soon.

Ranga1

Strategos
It was a good plan, a good idea. It took the rest of the server to team up and create a coalition (even though they say they didn't) to even compete with us. It took mods to finally beat the idea, I left earlier so am not totally up with it all but have heard enough.

It's a pity this once great game has turned the way it has. It has become way too personal. Players leave a server with personal vendettas to find and destroy others. Players turn in game threats into real life death threats. Players insult family members, even children. Spies are now being applauded for their actions.

When I first started nothing was personal, hell my first world I teamed up with half the enemy and jumped to the next server because we respected each others game play. Anyone who even attempted to go down a personal insult path was rimmed by greens and reds alike for that type of behaviour. Spies were despised and the name tarnished for all future servers to come.

I quit this game because of all this insidious behaviour, yes I may have joined in but I never let it get personal. I never facebook stalked anyone, never started threads about the real life of the gamers. I am literally fearful of my family's safety after some of the actions of some players, and what does the game do about this? Nothing because it all happens in external sources.

RIP Grepo

DeletedUser49059

This info was also said by me against the third team, led by Ktomic as former diplomat.
I had no reason to secrecy, afterall Ktomic said Killerbees would join only two weeks after.
Great was our surprise that the next day we saw that Ktomics team choose the direction I told him we should take .
With Musks at North-west / Killerbees at South-East, we were left with 2 options, we chose the most difficult path, north west, between both of them.

Erik, KT was our temporary diplomat, assigned to your alliance because I got tired of the disrespectful way you wanted to do diplomacy at the time...and he offered to help me personally, despite not wanting to be involved in leadership/alliance management. Frankly, we had similar issues with Muskies leadership (not their diplomat, Duncan) from a diplomatic standard before Tim joined the server and took over the Shrawnr account...I don't need to tell you at who's request that was done either.

KT is not responsible for choosing the KB alliance direction...technically, Jturck was...he was the primary founder of KB, and I was co-founder with him initially, prior to his departure from the server. Evil King is correct- KT and Destro came to our alliance about 2 days before the alliance landed, and as a result of a Skype convo that I had with the 3 of them. And I am happy that they came- the 2 of them, along with a few others that I met in the same fashion, have become lifetime friends to me.

You originally said you were not affiliated with a "secondary alliance"...but, there is an 80 player cap in Golgi and you state that came with 100 players. THANK YOU for finally being honest regarding that point.

I don't doubt that you came to the server with "the best of intentions"...but they went astray. From our perception you have had this "conspiracy theory" going since the start of Golgi. As we say here in the states...a lot of this has been "in your head"...not what really was designed to happen, or the goals of the other alliances at the start of the server. We modified our plans in reaction to what you were conspiring against us...and how you treated our players, by intentionally setting Alpha loose on Ocean 55 and then denying having done so, and denying that NSL was really part of NB.

There is no "honor" in continuing down the path that it seems you are trying to take with these stories - if you expect everyone to buy into them. Parts and pieces are certainly true - and the remainder is simply your perception or things you made up in your head and not how the rest were playing the game.

For the record - friends and players I respect are welcome to address me by my real name. Do you really fit in either of those categories at the moment?

DeletedUser51759

Who doesn't know Erik and Ranga ? They wanted to win the server by taking all WW islands and going to VM (of course failed miserably) and then they will tell you the story about friendship and the way this game is meant to be played ... This is disaster, no life and morale characters are telling others about life and morale ... Welcome to Grepolis spiced up with personal egos and insecurities ...

Ranga1

Strategos
Please, don't involve me in things I had no part of, yes I was in the alliance but that was the extent of my input at that point in time of the server.

DeletedUser

To HG:
100 is a figure of speech,he often use a bit hyperbole lol,nor did he ever shone in good memory.
A simple check in NB stats will show 65-70 in the First two days if I remember correctly.
And btw can you please tell us how did u recruit poop?
The later claims the credit for KT and destro lol
Let's give Cesar what belong to him lol

To this bubble serb- first you are using a selective memory,there were five ww owners.
Second,none of the names mentioned lost ww cities though server froze,it was another who did so.
Third,what connection has the ownership of WW in Sinope with NB?
Fourth,Ranga was a simple player in Sinope,hidden rights and Foundership due to his function as WW owner and never someone who made decisions.
Decisions which on paper belonged to vmpoop among others who somehow went missing to appear later in the arms of those who betrayed him ( him personally as the Godfather of Fluffie NAP,and for which he himself admitted responsibility ).

DeletedUser17513

WARNING WARNING, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE ! ! ! :supermad:

Lets do a quick recap before i get "rimmed" for these kind words revealing the situation that is happening behind the scenes.

Muskets:
-Once most of the NB/NSL ghosted their deal with KB ended(coalition against common enemy), yes it was a coalition and everyone saying it was not is lying their a** off. After these events, Muskets returned to their original deal that they made with Bloods, so Bloods will build WW's while muskets help them build and fight anyone trying to build WW's..

Killer Bees:
-Originally as part of the this team and more less most informed "guy" while this pre-made has been in making, the situation regarding WW's was simple.. fight more less anyone but diplo got in way of that.. and then when near WW's stage to decide as group if we would be doing WW's or just fighting. What now? well its simple.. KB will most probably build WW's as there is more less not much guys to fight, as they have deals all around them lol (some of them may say they are not building WW's but it would seem that they being inside KB are less informed than me yikes :supermad:..)

Black Ships:
-Hmmm nice crew, they have their location completely locked down, however due their relationship with KB i am not sure if they will pursue WW's alone or will they help KB's in doing it..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser46711

erik opened this thead for explain the original NB/ NSL projects, and for say Thanks to all players that followed this original project.
not for start new dramas.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38939

I have to say that before I played Golgi the only things I had heard about Erik were very negative ones.
I joined Golgi to sim, but for some reason when KB rimmed me I started an alliance in O64 and it was growing fairly quickly. After a couple of weeks, NB/ NSL came our way and completely destroyed us, but Hell House offered me and a few of my best a place with them, which I accepted.
My short time with them were some of the more fun days I have had in my 5 years of grepolis. Erik is a great guy and an awesome player. Everyone worked as a team, whether it was attacking or defending and the general ambience of the alliance was welcoming and fun.

I left a while after to join an old friend in O75 before we got rimmed by Black Ships (past conflicts were stirred, or perhaps they just have a thing for killing off small alliances). In any case I do not regret any of my decisions made in Golgi, and would like to thank Erik and Hell House for the good time I had playing alongside them.

DeletedUser41868

I see a lot of butt-hurt in erik's long-winded explanations. The whole thing is really simple. erik and his buddies play the game like a combination of sim-city, diplomacy olympics, and spies like us. Making deals, sneaking around to get information, and bringing most of the server together to sim toward the WWs is the basic M.O. Those of us that have gone against this strategy know it all too well.. regardless of what he or his apologists (tea) have to say about it.

There are other players like me... mungus, leo, jet, ares, chill, tomthumb, and many more - who are deeply opposed to this strategy. We showed people how to beat it with any type of team or teams in Sinope - and we are showing how to dominate it in emporion - where the great leader and his flock have mostly fled after getting their cities taken and their offenses crushed.

I think the lesson here is that hypocrites that take themselves too seriously are eventually outed. Spies and back-room deals are not what this game is supposed to be about. Now people can play out the worlds taking place now and in the future, hopefully without having to deal with all that silliness.

DeletedUser17513

woaa woaa, did not know i would hit a nerve you guyss :rolleyes:

please do not OP me bees.. ohh you already have? buuu :heh:

*do not know if they are angry for the truth stated earlier or just fishing for bp*

Ranga1

Strategos
I see a lot of butt-hurt in erik's long-winded explanations. The whole thing is really simple. erik and his buddies play the game like a combination of sim-city, diplomacy olympics, and spies like us. Making deals, sneaking around to get information, and bringing most of the server together to sim toward the WWs is the basic M.O. Those of us that have gone against this strategy know it all too well.. regardless of what he or his apologists (tea) have to say about it.

There are other players like me... mungus, leo, jet, ares, chill, tomthumb, and many more - who are deeply opposed to this strategy. We showed people how to beat it with any type of team or teams in Sinope - and we are showing how to dominate it in emporion - where the great leader and his flock have mostly fled after getting their cities taken and their offenses crushed.

I think the lesson here is that hypocrites that take themselves too seriously are eventually outed. Spies and back-room deals are not what this game is supposed to be about. Now people can play out the worlds taking place now and in the future, hopefully without having to deal with all that silliness.

Le chadd bringing the beef again. Stay on topic le chadd and get that little man syndrome dealt with, hopefully baudin doesn't infract you for going off topic again!

DeletedUser

No,fungi is not a simmer,nor chillchads,just haters lol
Unfortunately stats say NB had a greater point/bp ratio so it is just envy lol.
Einstein is reported to have said there are two unlimited things-universe and human stupidity and I am not sure about the first.
We had a prime example a couple of days before when someone foolishly tried to throw dirt in an entire server forgetting the stats of his own server were worse lol.
This shortsighted haters forget they are giving the wrong contribution out of hate and envy.
What is left now in Golgi?
The server is a shameful simming area with the biggest alliances "fighting" much smaller alliances (even five times smaller) and we have this impertinent commentators calling those with over 40 million bp simmers lol
Where it is seen such a thing?

An alliance which fights almost treble its numbers is not SIM city,I am sorry.
Those who fight alliances five times smaller then itself are.

DeletedUser22517

No,fungi is not a simmer,nor chillchads,just haters lol
Unfortunately stats say NB had a greater point/bp ratio so it is just envy lol.
Einstein is reported to have said there are two unlimited things-universe and human stupidity and I am not sure about the first.
We had a prime example a couple of days before when someone foolishly tried to throw dirt in an entire server forgetting the stats of his own server were worse lol.
This shortsighted haters forget they are giving the wrong contribution out of hate and envy.
What is left now in Golgi?
The server is a shameful simming area with the biggest alliances "fighting" much smaller alliances (even five times smaller) and we have this impertinent commentators calling those with over 40 million bp simmers lol
Where it is seen such a thing?

An alliance which fights almost treble its numbers is not SIM city,I am sorry.
Those who fight alliances five times smaller then itself are.

Again about that Points/BP ratio?See our forum someone answered to you about that but like always when you have no answer you just ignore it.And calm down it was just a question, i have my answer now.
I was so impressed by this project i had to ask :D