Wish List No-Gold World

DeletedUser50502

Proposal:
To make a world where you are not allowed to purchase, us, or trade any gold at all. You may not use any real life currency to help yourself.

Reason:
Non-gold user such as my self never get a chance to compete in worlds properly because there are people spending hundreds and hundreds of pounds/dollars on gold. This could be the one world where you actually have to be skillful and not rely on money to do the work for you.

Details:
-There is no purchasing of gold in this world
-You may not use gold purchased previously in this world
-You may not use money to buy anything in this world
-Preferably world speed 2-3 to make it normal, not to fast and not too slow.
-Unit speed 2-3 for the same reason as above
-Alliance cap 100
-Conquest system

DeletedUser

In reality though, Innogames are running a business and the aim is to turnover a profit. It would have to be advert funded most probably but they would need to strike a fine balance between having enough exposure and keeping the game playable.

DeletedUser50502

In reality though, Innogames are running a business and the aim is to turnover a profit. It would have to be advert funded most probably but they would need to strike a fine balance between having enough exposure and keeping the game playable.
Maybe some people could pay them to run it. Like a bunch of people gather up and everyone pays like $10 each or whatever to do it.

DeletedUser8396

Been suggested many times before, rejected for the same reason: not profitable.

Moved for: previously suggested and being too expensive to implement (as implementing it would warrant a loss of money).

DeletedUser31385

Well, either gold or that. If neither, the game would shutdown.

DeletedUser5819

This is usually suggested as a pay to enter world with basic administrator and captain for the price. That makes it a skill world rather than a gold world whilst still paying for the server. The problem would be to set the price right.

Inno is very good at what it does, which is leading you to do more of what it wants you to. The way gold works in a normal world keeps the candy in front of you all the time and then ups the temptation every time you are in trouble or something is a bit slow or there are extra big candies (manti nukes) on offer.

I think the entry price would have to be surprisingly high to make up for that, and a lot of players would blink at it.

Advertising is a possibility, though would that slow the server? Also, wouldn't they be blockable?

DeletedUser31385

This is usually suggested as a pay to enter world with basic administrator and captain for the price. That makes it a skill world rather than a gold world whilst still paying for the server. The problem would be to set the price right.

Inno is very good at what it does, which is leading you to do more of what it wants you to. The way gold works in a normal world keeps the candy in front of you all the time and then ups the temptation every time you are in trouble or something is a bit slow or there are extra big candies (manti nukes) on offer.

I think the entry price would have to be surprisingly high to make up for that, and a lot of players would blink at it.

Advertising is a possibility, though would that slow the server? Also, wouldn't they be blockable?

I noticed them giving out free gold just to give people a taste.

DeletedUser29194

possibly a monthly subscription fee say 10 dollars or 20 dollars a month , for that you get the advisers , maybe allow a higher amount of favour production for using spells a bit more to speed things up a little here and there , but the idea is to make gold a far less deciding factor in the game , you always need to attract new players but to keep them when you get rimmed by a massive gold spender just puts people off . and for younger players on a tight budget as their parents pay for them or they are on limited incomes could help keep some of them playing

DeletedUser44497

A fee to join with a set budget of gold allowed to be spent in world might be the middle ground answer, maybe with and extra allowance for events to keep inno happy?

DeletedUser

As many have stated, we would all love this to happen, levelling the playing field would make a world really interesting; however, it will never happen, as many have also stated. Adding a world where inno make no money, regardless of a subscription fee as if you think about it.

3000 gold, no one will buy into that, in relative terms, 3000 gold is £15, that is like the price of a game on steam, most will not pay that, but the amount of people that will actually buy in, lets say 1000 buy in realistically then that is £15,000 pounds worth of gold, which is crazy. However if we look at some worlds, lets use my world as an example. Abdera; there are people who buy 20k gold almost every week or two weeks, you know, to give them the edge and lets say that is a minute majority of the people on the server, realistically about 100 people buy it on a bi-weekly basis but i guarantee almost 250 people probably bought 20k gold at some point or other. That 20k gold costs £60, times that by the 250 = 15,000. In a normal world they would have made the same amount of money if people bought one package of 20k gold, thats not including the vast amount of people who buy lots of small packages of gold when they need it and for those who buy it on a bi-weekly basis which would mean that they would get people spending £15,000 every month.

Would you like it if you were paid a lower amount to be a bit more moral? And i'm talking less than half of what you should be paid. I wouldn't be happy and that's what inno is, a business, to get money. So yeah, long winded way of saying that inno are greedy and we have too much money to waste.

Aicy

Strategos
Why does it have to be a buy in? It could be subscription based to play in the world.

DeletedUser31057

Accept the reality when playing Grepolis, the gold is the heart and soul of the game. As the few gold users saying goes, no gold, no glory.