Pnp No Rules will inevitably fail

DeletedUser30111

If you didn't have the heart to turn them down as a leader/recruiter, then you're weak.

It was kind of a joke, we clearly turned some people away to end up with mainly most of the top players

How long do you think you can keep that many high level players happy with out legitimate targets? I am not to that level yet, but i would get bored rather quickly if i was expanding as fast as some of your members, only to run out of targets 6 weeks into a world.

I'm sure that if we kept expanding at the rate we have been it would eventually get boring, but we don't think that far ahead, and for now there are plenty of targets out there for a good while to come (I'm looking at you DM :p). After all, we've only dominated 2 oceans so far. I mean if you want an example of how hard it would be to literally run out of targets look at EN/Occupy in Bellerophon. Have dominated the world about as much as us here, with 100 players and Bellerophon is a considerably smaller world than Troy, it'll get boring there MUCH quicker than here and they're still truckin'

DeletedUser

It's not running out of targets though, it's just running out of interesting fights that makes the game boring. This is not really a stab at you sablestag, as you've been in NR from the start, and no one can blame you for letting decent players in.
It's a stab at all the winning team joiners who go look up the ranks, see NR1 is 3x the size of the biggest competitor, see NR2 is the same size of the other big alliances and go: better join them.

idc about winning, but I like having nice and somewhat equal fights. If an alliance I'm in is winning by a great ammount, I'd annoy and threaten the other big alliances there and force them to attack me, just to set up an interesting fight. It has happened to me in other games, and the sad thing is that you really have to go completely brutal on people before they dare to fight someone bigger. Like offer 3 NAPs to the highest bidders (in cities/resources) and trash all other people at random.

Wanna know what happened in that game that took place like 3 years ago? the entire world threw everything they had at us, and after weeks of fun wars we died. It's still the best game I ever played, I made friends with the people attacking us and even up to this date we have talks about how epic that fight was.

TL;DR
If you're not in NR, atack NR
If you're in NR, stop allowing people to join and harras all other alliances

DeletedUser22423

Ohhhh, please tell me you are looking at me specifically. I may be just a part time player now, but I still fully enjoy sinking your CS'.

DeletedUser

will they fail? of this I have no doubt. they've been telling me how they are going to take me out since I joined the world just after it started. they are all inexperienced noobs that think they can win battles with their score. well, despite being attacked by about half dozen of them repeatedly, I'm still in my city, with dbp racking up so fast I can't have my parades fast enough. and all the while they get almost nothing from me. one day they will realize the value of experience, but it's not today.

DeletedUser30111

It's not running out of targets though, it's just running out of interesting fights that makes the game boring.

Yeah but that's not really our fault is it? from the beginning there were only ever 4 "good" alliances in Troy all of those are gone except DM and NR is the only one to come up. So unless some new decent alliances pop up DM will be the only interesting fight left.

Ohhhh, please tell me you are looking at me specifically. I may be just a part time player now, but I still fully enjoy sinking your CS'.

Haha, I figured you'd enjoy my terribly planned out attempt the other day.

DeletedUser22423

no, It was actually rather well done. A few of my cities in revolt at the same time, and some teamwork between you and another one of your teammates. I barely kept that one. Now that did have me a little nervous.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yeah but that's not really our fault is it? from the beginning there were only ever 4 "good" alliances in Troy all of those are gone except DM and NR is the only one to come up. So unless some new decent alliances pop up DM will be the only interesting fight left.

that's exactly what I'm saying, yeah

DeletedUser

no, It was actually rather well done. A few of my cities in revolt at the same time, and some teamwork between you and another one of your teammates. I barely kept that one. Now that did have me a little nervous.
oh !sablestag is offline now! :p
watch out cnote!He is out planning it again!
sablestag,the world is still interesting coz we are around against you guys.This is something i agree with you.;)

DeletedUser27700

Sssh, don't look now but there is no flaming in this thread. :eek:

DeletedUser30111

Ohh really? Well accidentally planned I should say then, haha. I didn't know you had other cities in revolt. We probably would have had it if I had been paying attention when Coggz told me he was sending his LS, but I was distracted....

Sssh, don't look now but there is no flaming in this thread. :eek:

Well you know what? You're stupid! :p

DeletedUser

I can't wait to see the downfall of Nr and NR2 , like i mention before , defend good and they're rein will end , all they want is attention , especially there wannabe NR2 , i heard that they arent even affiliated with them , they have 2 separate governments , NR doesnt give commands to NR2 , How any players will leave this world before it's all over in the end , what do you think will happen , all the high experienced players will have a meltdown and start leaving the alliance to start a new one , yeah of course , just another example of how No Rules started , this world was a lot funner before NR came

DeletedUser30111

I can't wait to see the downfall of Nr and NR2 , like i mention before , defend good and they're rein will end , all they want is attention , especially there wannabe NR2 , i heard that they arent even affiliated with them , they have 2 separate governments , NR doesnt give commands to NR2 , How any players will leave this world before it's all over in the end , what do you think will happen , all the high experienced players will have a meltdown and start leaving the alliance to start a new one , yeah of course , just another example of how No Rules started , this world was a lot funner before NR came

So much hate :( And you were in awe of us last week too. Sorry about what happened with you with the NAP, once it got out we cancelled it because we are no rules and we do no NAPs, there was no deception meant by that.

Uhh your info about NR is a bit wrong, but not totally, we work as a team with NR2, we are all 1 alliance, but as No Rules, we have no leaders and no followers thus no commands, we're all experienced and know what we're doing and know what's best for the alliance.

DeletedUser

If you spent less time ranting on the forums and more time playing the game you'd have more 1 city by now considering you've played this world for nearly 2 months.

DeletedUser

The concept of No Rules when it began was interesting. Lone wolves who wanted to play without involving the politics of an alliance and simply coming together under the same flag to have some place to call their own. They weren't supposed to operate as a normal alliance, according to their charter, which by the way was sent to everyone via one of your favorite people in your ranks. (He really had no problem at all sending out screen shots of your forums at that point, so you might want to seriously keep an eye on that person)

But, according to the No Rules charter, each player was his/her own island. They were to stand on their own two feet. If they attacked another alliance and "bit off more than they could chew", they were on their own as No Rules was an alliance, but not an alliance. Little bit of an odd concept there, but still unique.

Now all of that has changed. No Rules has changed from not having that pact mindset and each individual going it alone, but has instead become more as the alliance format they claimed to despise. People still flock to them, mostly because they are too lazy to seek out another alliance and NR does seem to take in every member who asks, or as in many cases, they really have no where else to go and NR is so massive they completely surround them and so they are trying to survive.

So, which is it, people of No Rules? Are you an alliance or are you simply a bunch of players with your individual game who just happen to convene beneath the same banner? If it's the latter, then make each of your players who have bit off more than they can chew step up and take the consequences rather than sending aid left and right. If it's the former, own up to that fact, at least.

You're growing and expanding with members so fast and with the actions showing you to be an alliance, it's true that NR will fail. Once you take out the alliances who refuse to lie down or bend a knee to your vast size, you might have to go back to that mindset of "every man is an island" for devouring one another is the only way you'll keep the server going.

There's always going to be lone wolves in a game. Everyone understands that and accepts it. I've met some lone wolves who can stand toe to toe with good sized alliances. But be one or the other as you can't be both, really, and last forever.

**PS. Yes, I'm rambling and no, I haven't flushed all the blood out of my caffeine system as yet, so I do hope what I've said makes sense.

**And another edit (this is what happens when my coffee drip needs changing) : I'm not saying the beginning concept of No Rules was a bad thing. It was interesting. But, somewhere along the line, I believe those in charge forgot the basis of why they created No Rules and someone in there was way too eager to prove a point as to "what people in Troy really want" so they accepted every member who asked. Because of that, things have gotten out of control on their end.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You speak as though there is some kind of drift within the alliance? There is not at all. We are still having a good old laugh on the forums, the same as when we first started up.

As to the whole part about if you bit of more then you can chew your out on your own. That was never the case. Read the alliance description and the answer to that is in plain text.

Each one of us is his own team, but he can also rely on his brothers for support and camaraderie.

The whole idea was we could attack who we wanted without the other alliance without it being a declaration of war from us on the opposing alliance; rather that player just wanted that city.

Ofcourse other alliances are quick to take any attack as a declaration of war from our entire alliance, and we delt with that accordingly as the need arose.

DeletedUser22423

So basically, as you bounced in and out of my alliance, you took my "do not declare war" post in our alliance forums and created it as your own profile since you liked it so much. Now I don't mind that you liked the idea so much that you decided to use it, but you did declare war with us back when you were in EG and IWW forcing our hand, and causing us to renew a pact with an alliance we had no interest in, and creating the war we have now. But good luck with that whole trying to be like us thing anyway. As I have seen, you are still running the same war you destroyed EG to avoid, the only difference now, is that your actions have now caught the attention of the entire server and not just us. BTW, challenge me that you came up with the idea first, I can produce all the evidence and proof needed to show that you really are just copying me as my thread can be photographed and uploaded here complete with dates prior to the creation of NR. I just figure we can save me the work needed to prove it and just admit that you liked the idea. As I said, I am not offended, imitation is the best form of flattery :p

DeletedUser30111

As I have seen, you are still running the same war you destroyed EG to avoid, the only difference now, is that your actions have now caught the attention of the entire server and not just us.

You mean, the only difference now is that we're winning :D

There's much most I could reply to in your post, but I'm not gonna convince you you're wrong, so I don't even feel like trying.

DeletedUser

I haven't flushed all the blood out of my caffeine system as yet,

Lulz were had. :p From reading the forums, NR seemed to be one of those alliances that over-built their reputation beyond what they could actually handle.