Inactive Topic No units, no defense

DeletedUser11965

Proposal:Remove the effects wall and towers have on units if the defending town does not have any units.

Reason:How in the world is a tower and wall killing troops when there is no units in a town.

Details:When players attack a town with high wall and tower, the defense bonus from tower and wall should not come in play with the luck and morale.

Visual Aids:eh...none

Balance/Abuse Prevention:Even 1 unit in the town will make the defense bonus come into play, as long as its completely empty, the defense bonus shouldn't be calculated with the luck and morale.

DeletedUser

Well maybe a soldier is climbing the wall but since it's so high he falls off :p

Nah I agree, I guess.

DeletedUser41523

I always imagined that the soldiers just couldn't live with the fact that I was sending them to slaughter thousands everyday and all of their comrades had a life expectancy of two-three days at best. I always thought they just committed suicide! :(

DeletedUser

I like :) And I just thought they just ran headfirst into the wall... But that's just me.

DeletedUser

I always imagined that the soldiers just couldn't live with the fact that I was sending them to slaughter thousands everyday and all of their comrades had a life expectancy of two-three days at best. I always thought they just committed suicide! :(

That and the fact that you only fed them bread....and never pay them.....and practice shooting apples off their heads.....

DeletedUser8790

I think it is more of a safety issue here, obviously with no units the tower and wall are in deep neglect, Obviously pieces of these are falling and hitting invading troops on the noggin. Maybe a research hard helmet is needed in the academy?

DeletedUser11965

:D lol, i love where this idea is going, lol.

If the city isn't a ghost town, there's still inhabitants inside, just weaponless. So the town is obviously still being taken care of, just when the people see the army coming, they run and hide in the houses.

DeletedUser23238

If you read wiki there's a small element where it says city has it's own defense that becomes stronger by the wall.

DeletedUser

Well many times once the invaders were in the town they'd vandalize houses and their inhabitants. Hence some of those inhabitants pick up a near by object, say a rolling pin....or a cleaved, and attack the soldiers, killing a few.

So maybe this idea should only apply for ghost cities, where there are no inhabitants.

DeletedUser23238

Yes, true, but this way new change will effect came 0.00001%.

DeletedUser27700

This is getting spammy.
Let me remind you guys that the ideas section is a spam-free zone, and that all posts should be related to the actual idea.

DeletedUser

I agree. We were discussing the the points of it l, how it could be changed, and how it would be beneficial.

DeletedUser32373

This idea is great! But do Biremes count? I mean if you are farming someone with just LU and there was one Bireme in the harbor, would you lose some guys? Its gonna be weird to filter out both units but only 1 in a way. Anyways I love this idea and hope it goes through.

DeletedUser

This idea is great! But do Biremes count? I mean if you are farming someone with just LU and there was one Bireme in the harbor, would you lose some guys? Its gonna be weird to filter out both units but only 1 in a way. Anyways I love this idea and hope it goes through.

biremes have crews on them. Simplest way, no units, no defence.

DeletedUser11965

The major reasoning is actually I failed to land a cs on a city with no troops in it with my 5 patroness spelled army...lol