Passed No WW rewards for second completion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I truly do not understand how you can have multiple alliances getting the reward. I have seen this happen in chi and its crazy. One alliance wins the ww race and then they leave. Then another comes in and completes them and wins the world as well. If your alliance cannot win the wonders the first time you shouldnt be able to sit and wait for the winners to leave and still get the same rewards.

my dear friend u were wrong in that part.. in chi the 1st alliance were able to complete 6 world wonder.. but not 7.. after that the 2nd alliance took 1 of their wonder city as a result a lot of the players ghosted... and then they completed 7 wonders..

u guys have point but this has loop holes.. cause once 4 wonders are completed or 7 completed.. it will mean the world is dead as other players dont have any chance to go after it.. so why play that world.. better leave it..

it is the alliance leader fault for not able to retain his players.. those players who he had played hard with but then they left leaving him behind to go and join another alliance and then build the wonder...

but as Archimedes of Syracuse has put forward gold for the 1st to complete, silver second and bronze for third that can really solve all the problems

Last edited by a moderator:

Thrillology

Phrourach
my dear friend u were wrong in that part.. in chi the 1st alliance were able to complete 6 world wonder.. but not 7.. after that the 2nd alliance took 1 of their wonder city as a result a lot of the players ghosted... and then they completed 7 wonders..

u guys have point but this has loop holes.. cause once 4 wonders are completed or 7 completed.. it will mean the world is dead as other players dont have any chance to go after it.. so why play that world.. better leave it..

it is the alliance leader fault for not able to retain his players.. those players who he had played hard with but then they left leaving him behind to go and join another alliance and then build the wonder...

but as Archimedes of Syracuse has put forward gold for the 1st to complete, silver second and bronze for third that can really solve all the problems

Gold for first, silver for second, bronze for third, nickel for fourth, clay for fifth, dirt for sixth, and then those plastic trophies that make children feel like winners, despite not winning. Everyone wins. :p (kidding)

I think worlds should allow recruitment after the world wonders so that we can have tug-of-wars over the world wonders. Eh, I also think a world should close when an alliance claims victory. In Upsilon (for an example), an alliance finished all the world wonders but then one day (I think) all of them went down to level 9. Wouldn't that make the winners lose if another alliance gets all of their world wonders to level 10 after all of theirs fail to reach level 10 or all get destroyed (logically)? If winners can't retain their prize, then shouldn't they lose their status and the world reopens?

Also, what are the requirements for a world to close (again)?

DeletedUser

I second this!
If a player, due to bad circumstances, was unable to win the first award but makes all the way to complete 7 WW, I still think it deserves something. 7 WW require monthes of team effort.
But that the first alliance to complete them gets something no one else will get is just normal.
Doesn't have to go down to the plastic medal lol - gold, silver, bronze are enough. Reference to antic Olympiads BTW.

Gold for first, silver for second, bronze for third, nickel for fourth, clay for fifth, dirt for sixth, and then those plastic trophies that make children feel like winners, despite not winning. Everyone wins. :p (kidding)

I think worlds should allow recruitment after the world wonders so that we can have tug-of-wars over the world wonders. Eh, I also think a world should close when an alliance claims victory. In Upsilon (for an example), an alliance finished all the world wonders but then one day (I think) all of them went down to level 9. Wouldn't that make the winners lose if another alliance gets all of their world wonders to level 10 after all of theirs fail to reach level 10 or all get destroyed (logically)? If winners can't retain their prize, then shouldn't they lose their status and the world reopens?

Also, what are the requirements for a world to close (again)?

A world closes 1 month after the number of active players hits 300 (roughly).
Making the math, it's not more than 1% (depending mainly on alliance member cap) of players who enter a world who get an award from it. Far from everybody ;)
Recruitment closes when WW era begins, that's the logic of the game: first part is about making a good territory, then WW aim at giving the award to the best team with the best territory. Drawback is that many fighters get then bored, and new players can't come in. In Chi, which has just closed, the WW era lasted near half the world's life. Some improvements could be done for sure but that's another topic...

The gold, silver, bronze idea for the 7 WW looks fair IMO. Who would like to see this put to voting?

DeletedUser

How about no WW at all?
There's a world without WW (but no conquest except ghosts): Hyperborea. But also means there's no winner. People just grow and leave when they've had enough.

Is the idea of gold, silver, bronze OK or do we really want no award possible after the first completion of the 7?

DeletedUser26631

agreed, i dont want someone to have the award i will get in heraklion :)

DeletedUser20415

I love this, if inno implement this, they will be very very fair.

I heard about this world where all alliances decided to pass to WW on them, so all players got the crown, ARE U KIDDING ME ?

DeletedUser11886

Just a question, what happens if you win WW 2, 3, or more times? You should get more crowns on your profile ^.^ Or better looking ones!

DeletedUser41495

I think that the master of X should be avalable until all world wonders are created, that way if several alliances are fighting out over it they could all be masters, otherwise you could be a ruler of X without being a master

DeletedUser

No, you get a crown for building 7. For building 4 you get an award.

Speaking of the 4, no two Master of X world should be given out either.

we built 5 WW on XI and compleated them and still havent been declared as wijnners of xi and received no reward
we took 4 of S.H.E.I.L.D and won and they are still listed as winners haha

We as in Order of chaos

DeletedUser

Moving this to improvements for more elaboration/discussion.

Please continue to discuss this idea for a chance to vote!

Thank you,
Ideas Team

DeletedUser33530

Agree and that's explains why so many guys have crowns

DeletedUser21985

ppl will always leave a world when there is no incentive left for them to stay.

my suggestion is to add a temporary and final dimension to rewards. A temporary reward is granted when a ww is completed. The award becomes final only with end of world when the world wonder is still in possession. The same for the awards.
The real winners are those that complete the world wonders and can maintain these. With world aging, you see more intrigues, power balance changes meaning that you are not sure about yr awards until end of world, so continued game challenge, war game aspects resumes after world wonder completion.

pro
- incentive to the fighters to keep on playing after the initial rewards have been given up
- less interest for world hopping, meaning less need for new worlds
- players do not leave exciting worlds

contra
- ppl may shift to inactive / simming stage to make sure that that the rewards become permanent with end of world, but may no longer be willing to spend gold
- need to add "final" dimension to awards and rewards

DeletedUser35075

as it currently stands, multiple alliances can win crowns on the same server by pumping resources to a single alliance's WW builds and once four wonders are completed swap members over to the alliance that is building them so that all members of these coalitions involved can gain crowns, this should be stopped as it is an unfair advantage to other alliances that try to compete on a level playing field, this has been done in a couple of different servers now and id like to see membership to alliances stopped once the age of WW's has begun, thus ensuring every alliance has equal chance of winning and is done so in the spirit of fair play

two or three alliances joining together to send resources for WW builds and then swapping players around to ensure victory is very unfair and should not be allowed under any circumstances

Status
Not open for further replies.