Newspaper Nod's Nutty News - BP ends, Evo reeling, Buzz defeats itself, and Occupy confused?

DeletedUser5554

Hello all, today was a big day in Delos as it establishes the early phases of the game and possibly dictates how the world goes. The political boundaries from here on out will be drawn and sides will be chosen. So why not read this a bit and figure out who you may not want to pick and who you may want to be careful around.

BP Ends

Well obviously today beginners protection ran out and players are running around looting so much you'd swear to God it was the Rodney King trial again...Or just an average day in Oakland. Well this set up some clear winners and losers today. And some of them could dictate the future of young Delos.

Winners of day one would include Exiled Renegades, Aurora, Myrmidons (sorta), and of course Lacking Diplomacy.

Losers of the day would include Greek Empire, Hellfire, Wolfpack, Occupy, and Evolution of D3th.

Please stay tuned for a word from our sponsors

Evo reeling

Today wasn't a good day for Evolution who made it their goal to assault Lacking Diplomacy. In the first hours of this operation. It looked like things would go well for Evolution them getting higher ABP and putting Lacking Diplomacyat top DBP and trailing at second place in ABP. It quickly turned south as Evolution ran out of offensive troops and got blitzed on all afternoon. Within an hour after they peaked Lacking Diplomacy pulled ahead a little in ABP. The next hour they lead by just under 300 ABP. The count continued to skyrocket. As Evolution's DBP continued to skyrocket. Normally having high DBP isn't good but it played right into Lacking Diplomacy's hands as solid defensive line continued to chew up all of the Evolution player's offense and exhaust their attempts while simultaneously being attacked back Lacking Diplomacy spelled failure in day one for Evolution. Already the effects have shown as the Evolution roster took a plunge today dropping from 253 players to 242 not a good way to start your season. Though on a plus side they're now 9 players less of an MRA than they were. You're welcome, sincerely, Lacking Diplomacy.

And now for another word from our sponsors

Buzz defeats itself
What does Mrpenguin + bad recruiting + bad forum image give you? A failed team that didn't even survive day one of combat. This alliance had an impressive start to their day ranking 5th in ABP but ended up not even existing by the end of today. Mike62 broke off and took most of the squad with him. They were all tired of Mrpenguin's rants and bad decisions.

The Penguin profile: It would be easy to point out the flaws of Mrpenguin's leadership in Delos but we'll start off with the list of Positives. Well that concludes our list. Everything this guy did was terrible. He picked fights he couldn't win, didn't organize, and represented his team poorly. He seriously is the Matt Millen of the Grepolis community. They both have relating stories. Millen too was a bad organizer, made picks that couldn't bring a win, and represented his team poorly. (see N-word incident and Johnnie Morton incident.) Overall not a key to success.

Yet another commercial.

Occupy confused?
Today a Lacking Diplomacy player cleared and Occupy player. Well this led to the player screaming for help which is natural. Well here's the catch. HE WENT CRYING TO THE WRONG TEAM! He called Myrmidons for help! Who replied with an empty threat, a fruitless attack that failed from their top player, and the clearing of their diplomat by Lacking Diplomacy forces. This however screams volumes for Occupy because they obviously don't view their own alliance as reliable enough to help them. Grant Myrmidons isn't much of a better choice but it's still kind of funny. C'mon Man!

Well that sums up today guys day 1 of combat was interesting for us all and I hope it went as successful for you all as it went for Lacking Diplomacy. ^.^

DeletedUser32496

Can i ask your reason for hellfire loser for the day as we haven't been attacked and we having been attacking in my eyes that's an ok day.

DeletedUser

Can i ask your reason for hellfire loser for the day as we haven't been attacked and we having been attacking in my eyes that's an ok day.

If you're playing Parcheesi that's an awesome day, but this is a game of conquest.

DeletedUser5554

Hellfire wasn't doing so hot when I made this and is slowly making progress and are capable of much more. So yes Hellfire isn't the winner of the day that's not to say they can't be a winner which I think they can be. But they didn't impress me much yesterday. :/

DeletedUser

OMG this is probably the funniest thread I've read, god job nod, I'll be waiting for the second issue :D

DeletedUser

Occupy confused?
Today a Lacking Diplomacy player cleared and Occupy player. Well this led to the player screaming for help which is natural. Well here's the catch. HE WENT CRYING TO THE WRONG TEAM! He called Myrmidons for help! Who replied with an empty threat, a fruitless attack that failed from their top player, and the clearing of their diplomat by Lacking Diplomacy forces. This however screams volumes for Occupy because they obviously don't view their own alliance as reliable enough to help them. Grant Myrmidons isn't much of a better choice but it's still kind of funny. C'mon Man!

The Myrmidons are on the same island as him and they are our ally. Probably why they were contacted right away. Funny, stuff though xD
Also, Pengy met serious harm when he attacked our founder but I don't want to speak for our alliance, being a newb. Ask the buzz about it... oh n/m -__-

oh and I almost forgot but I seem to be under the impression that there was some sort of agreement with LD and Occupy was trying to resolve it diplomatically... but I don't think there was any real hope of that. At least that's what I thought but idk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5554

Well your allies are in bad shape right now. Their diplomat got cleared and their founder is so desperate that hes trying to recruit players he failed to clear. :D

And I had no impression of that all I know is Myrmidons jumped right into a fight with us....So far they hit a wall or only cleared militia from dodging players. While getting cleared themselves. This is just getting funny.

DeletedUser

Well your allies are in bad shape right now. Their diplomat got cleared and their founder is so desperate that hes trying to recruit players he failed to clear. :D

And I had no impression of that all I know is Myrmidons jumped right into a fight with us....So far they hit a wall or only cleared militia from dodging players. While getting cleared themselves. This is just getting funny.
It wasn't pretty I'll admit but the message is whats important in the first day of skirmishing imo. Even, if numbers do speak louder than intentions :\
Hey it's worth a shot?

DeletedUser5554

What was worth a shot diplomacy? Because I would axe your allies Myrmidons right away right away for how poorly they handled that. Several members told Raelian Knight about his offer and where he could shove it. :p

DeletedUser5554

More could be in the cards but i'm not sure. But how does that work?

DeletedUser

You make a thread called newspaper archives or whatever you want to name it. I sticky it. Then you can edit your op with links to the various newspapers.

DeletedUser5554

I'm thinking about it but wouldn't it be less noticeable if it was in a post rather than a thread?

DeletedUser

You can manage it that way too. I would just have to lock the thread until you need to make the new post, otherwise it might get spammed.