Nominees for Best Paranoid Conspiracy 2015

DeletedUser48096

I didnt say I would never come back Jams.

Let me quote exactly what I said.

Prove I broke grepo rules and get me banned. I will accept it and likely move on and you will never hear from me again.

I said I would likely move on and not come back. But since Neither you nor Grepo support could prove wrong doing I saw no reason to leave... So sorry but you have not seen the back of me yet.

But thank you anyway Jamo for your kind words about TD. I would disagree with that Apoc deserved to be winners, The winner is decided upon by building wonders, Apocs failure has been their both their inability to properly organize WWs in time for the start of WWs and their failure to capatailze on WWs following AKs defection. That has been their downfall and on that basis alone they arent worthy of winning. Ironically, The main problem was the one thing Apoc tried to hold of TD.... Leadership.. We managed the criteria that decides the victor better than apoc did and therefore (in my view), TD deserve the win more.

As for you Arch, You might want to find the member who sent me that was and find out what my reply was because if you think Iam not able to create a respectful reply you will be bitterly disapointed with what you will read. :p Besides even if we do complete the Lighthouse I do wonder if we can expect the same courtesy and respect from you or will you continue to be a sour loser??.. At this moment I see no reason to assume you will be anything other than the latter.. :p

Considering your previous arrogance on the matter.

We may not have a chance of winning a crown as long as you have the Pyramids, but at least we have a chance of winning, which is something your members don't. And as far as that goes, we technically still have a chance at winning the crown...which you don't.

I wonder if you will consider retracting your previous statements? After all that would be now two experienced Apoc and grepo players who have come out and congratulated TD. Wonder who else will come out and do the same?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

infact edit -i will let it go..well done TD.

Ah the weight has lifted off my shoulders..I will state however my only regret in this server - that so many OL players didn't get what they deserved..from some's opinion, i am to blame. and i get that, i regret those who quit and those like dawna who stayed loyal while others left to chase the crown or quit thru lack of fortitude - mostly i am sorry to Kirky and tartan, if i had got to stay at Apoc it would of ended differently, you deserved better.

But i am not here to argue on it, title conceded.

DeletedUser48096

Edit:

Once again Jams, Your thanks for your kind words.

Archidiamedes

Phrourach
I would disagree with that Apoc deserved to be winners, The winner is decided upon by building wonders, Apocs failure has been their both their inability to properly organize WWs in time for the start of WWs and their failure to capatailze on WWs following AKs defection. That has been their downfall and on that basis alone they arent worthy of winning.

It does say something about the end game that an alliance that spent most of its existence being mediocre or bleeding cities like they were going through bloodletting treatment in 1533 is the one that will win, but then I am not the first to point out the game's disappointing (and, frankly, antithetical) ending.

I did make a joke a few months ago that with WW's you guys might find something you are good at. I guess that was true. :p

I presume you decided to ignore the rest of what I wrote. No worries.

As for you Arch, You might want to find the member who sent me that was and find out what my reply was because if you think Iam not able to create a respectful reply you will be bitterly disapointed with what you will read. :p

I didn't say you were not able to create a respectful reply (we know you are great at telling people what they want to hear anyway, right? ;) ). I said you wouldn't be able to fake a message like that one. I can quite well figure out who wrote it by the style of writing and suffice it to say that your personality is quite different from his.

Besides even if we do complete the Lighthouse I do wonder if we can expect the same courtesy and respect from you or will you continue to be a sour loser??.. At this moment I see no reason to assume you will be anything other than the latter.. :p

I've already told Beefy that I will congratulate him and TD if and when it happens.

As for you personally, I will show you the same courtesy and respect that you have shown me, so you can expect more of the same in that regard.

I wonder if you will consider retracting your previous statements? After all that would be now two experienced Apoc and grepo players who have come out and congratulated TD. Wonder who else will come out and do the same?

At the time, it did seem that way. Your solutions were more creative than we foresaw. That actually impressed me quite a bit, which might be the nicest thing I'll ever say about TD. Well, maybe one or two other things, but not right now.

DeletedUser48096

It does say something about the end game that an alliance that spent most of its existence being mediocre or bleeding cities like they were going through bloodletting treatment in 1533 is the one that will win, but then I am not the first to point out the game's disappointing (and, frankly, antithetical) ending.

Archi, How is the winner of a world here on Grepo determined?

Its not on cities lost or cities gained, I made that point clear that on the basis of building wonders and WW organization TD is miles ahead of Apoc and are therefore deserved winners because TD satisfied the critieria needed for victory better than Apoc did.

You should really have listerned to Exo, He had TDs tactics sussed to be honest.

I said you wouldn't be able to fake a message like that one.
Told you Arch I used to work as an IT Technician and I know my way around various picture editing software. If you wished me to I will be happy to create a post that contains no spacing error unlike the ones I pointed out on the ones Sir Cods sent to TD players. I don't do it out of habit because I have no reason to. But I reckon I could do a better version of the one made by Apoc on the same program I reckon who ever faked that used... MS Paint...

As for you personally, I will show you the same courtesy and respect that you have shown me, so you can expect more of the same in that regard.

Iam sure Jamo has already told you what I actually think of you. If not Jamo would you care to pass that along?

At the time, it did seem that way. Your solutions were more creative than we foresaw. That actually impressed me quite a bit, which might be the nicest thing I'll ever say about TD. Well, maybe one or two other things, but not right now.

Is that my eyes playing tricks on me? is Archi admitting he was wrong? :eek:

DeletedUser46851

its a lost cause GGN, some people can't handle it and won't stop.

Let him have his moment on the externals. I told you months ago they will not stop going on and on about the inactives they kept taking, and i continue to be proven right day after day. Never gets old :)

DeletedUser49162

Can I just say it was lovely of someone to -rep me for my joke asking if I could nominate myself. Great sense of humour ***hole.

Ok at this stage I find this more amusing than insulting. I got -rep for this which I dont mind but the comment that went with it was hilarious. The person (who didnt sign) said I was dancing for Jamo like all TD and then they proceeded to literally write a load of gibberish. I will admit that like most Irish people I can dance an odd jig or 2. Nver heard of anyone dancing the Jamo it must be a new fad I havent heard of yet. Whoever gave the -rep for me complaing about -rep I got for a joke I made about myself could you tell me who you are so I can shower you with gifts and +rep (sarcasm intended)

Archidiamedes

Phrourach
You should really have listerned to Exo, He had TDs tactics sussed to be honest.

Buddy, don't even f-ing go there. You have no idea how much we tried to work out something with..."them."

It isn't a question whether he was right or wrong, it was that HE WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO WORK WITH.

You guys are simply very lucky that they haven't been there long. If the world continues for a long time, then you will eventually find out the following:

d3d498608228ae1e778158464f8b253c.png

Not that you haven't already been warned, but consider yourselves warned again.

Told you Arch I used to work as an IT Technician and I know my way around various picture editing software. If you wished me to I will be happy to create a post that contains no spacing error unlike the ones I pointed out on the ones Sir Cods sent to TD players.

You just don't pay attention.

I said previously that I had no doubts you were able to fake conversations, i.e., from the technical end of things.

But do I think you could write like the person who wrote that? No, therefore you would be incapable of faking his writing style. I know who it is just by reading it.

Iam sure Jamo has already told you what I actually think of you. If not Jamo would you care to pass that along?

He hasn't, but give me one good reason why I should care.

Is that my eyes playing tricks on me? is Archi admitting he was wrong? :eek:

You should try it once in a while instead of your usual, "that's not really what I meant" shtick.

its a lost cause GGN, some people can't handle it and won't stop.

Let him have his moment on the externals. I told you months ago they will not stop going on and on about the inactives they kept taking, and i continue to be proven right day after day. Never gets old :)

It's already been proved that TD was taking inactives at exactly the same rate percentage-wise.

You can keep saying what you like, but that doesn't make it true.

All those cities you've been taking lately off HNTM and CWB...what are they exactly? Guess the inactive count doesn't count when it's TD doing it, eh Red?

Last edited:

DeletedUser46851

arch i would love to play you in a smaller alliance world.

its too bad grepo doesn't show the resources that are sent by each player to the wonders, i saw it was suggested by a mod but nothign going so far. i could show you how, much like most of this world, our core has been and always will be better than you.

I'll show your some dignity/respect when you try and do the same to me. I'm a generally nice person, most of your alliance can vouch for that as most of them are quite tired of the bull you guys keep spouting.

perhaps in another world we will meet. hopefully jonny is there as well :)

Archidiamedes

Phrourach
Red, as I have already said, I have mostly not had any problems with you. In fact I remember a few months ago when I was helping out someone else take one of your cities (and he did ;) ), we had a very nice conversation. What I said earlier about you being an a**hole half the time is more because I've seen some of your messages to others plus you admit you are hot-headed (and even Beefy made a joke that you were always Mr. Hyde), not from anything you have said to me.

We won't meet again, of that I assure you. Yes, yes, people say that out here and no one believes them, but I am 100% serious.

GGN can rest happily now.

DeletedUser48096

No Arch I understood you perfectly, Do you not think that I could change my writing style if I wished? I just dont see the point. It really would not difficult for me to start proof reading my words as well as using proper grammer and punctuation. Right then and there I have a completely differnt syntax in my words. Perhaps if I insistend in writing entirely in lower case? or I did a Florin and wrote with the caps lock on and coloured my font?. Or perhaps I could spell I could make purposely avoid making the mistake that who ever faked that picture that Cod sent out and spell Cannabalized with an Z instead of a S. Common in North America but not the way the word is spelt to an Englishman. It is little things like that Arch, Perhaps I could even stop doing the ellipsis that I tend to use to emphesize a point? or perhaps I could start using a coma correctly?

Its the little things like that Arch that if I bothered to start using properly would fool even you arch if I wished it to Arch.. Maybe I already have..? lol.... Who knows?... ;) Also I dont know who wrote that script for Effinel. Iam guessing you since I know you are from North America/Canada? But if so you failed miserably with your attempt to pretend to be Effinel...

Also since Jamo didnt tell you my thoughts on you I may as well share them.
Generic Greek Name said:
I have no dislike for Arch, I think he is dishonest and will twist facts to suit his own narrative. But suspect that is more of a gimmick for the externals rather than his real personality at this point............ Iam sure outside of the game we can be reasonable (to each other)

Also I know how to tell the truth Arch. I have no issue with it, Perhaps if the spin doctors arent trying to spin their own narrative from my words then you might find I will be a little more forth coming with making admissions of truth around your statements..

DeletedUser

While Apocalypse like to claim that they were a better attacking force than TD, the truth of the matter is we were preparing for the upcoming age of wonders and you were not. Losing some cities in O54 was not a major issue for us when we were using the slots to clear up inactives in our core. Our unbreakable defence of our wonder islands just goes to show how prepared we were. As always, we had a goal we wanted to achieve and were single-minded in getting there.

You should have won when AK left us with 6 wonder islands in limbo but somehow you managed to fail in beating us to the Tomb and Temple. How you managed to lose both those races is a mystery to me. It seems as though you were too busy celebrating your "win" before you got across the finishing line.

Oh, and let's be honest, the only people who say that WWs are a bad way to decide who wins a world are the ones who don't have the organisational skills and team work needed to get them built ;)

The GM

Phrourach
Well said Beefy. Apoc couldn't drive a knife through soft butter. It's such a shame the average rank and file player from Apoc doesn't read the externals. They would get to know how shambolic their leadership is and start to question why they have been played so hard.

I feel sorry for these average rank and file players, they deserve much better. All the effort they have put in only to be shafted by a non-existent leadership. Apes a better attacking force? Lol, they have certainly shown that is not the case over the last couple of weeks.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

King beef said:
Oh, and let's be honest, the only people who say that WWs are a bad way to decide who wins a world are the ones who don't have the organisational skills and team work needed to get them built
wow really?

one of the literal hundreds of threads / posts begging for a new end game
http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showth...e-instead-of-ridiculous-WW&highlight=petition

John Doe (innogames Gmbh) said:
we are committed to working on non-premium features in the future, such as the mid-game and end-game revamp that all of us have been waiting for so long.

Not to be funny beefy but i'll wager the inno GMbh knows more about the opinion of the majority of grep than you.

I will at the risk of doing a 'dawna' (e.g. posting a neutral thread that ends up getting you all riled up for no good reason) explain now indisputable facts.

1, WW since 2.0 they have been a cause of major derision in grep and are universally acknowledged to be a terrible way to end the game as they are have very little to do with how the rest of the game is played as a whole. This means great players often quit at ww or before hand also.

TheGM said:
Apoc couldn't drive (? who drives a knife...?do you steer a spoon and fly a fork? -j) a hot knife thru butter
:)D) The stats would strongly show otherwise..I am sure you will now quote how the end game was always your goal but lets not forget i have been inside all alliances, and in OL/TD at the highest level and saw the dismay and panic on a daily basis at TD's performance against apoc. Im have also played in /sinope against TD's core and Pans core although i had obvious advantage , defensively you are not dissimilar.

3. TD have won WW -they done well after the AK saga to reorganise. Facts are all merges were left to late , TD had overwhelming numbers and apoc were not set up for WW properly and TD were.

Argue away now my little grep minions..
THE END.

The GM

Phrourach
My ideal way for a world to end goes a little like this,

1. Rankings based. Grep automatically makes you fight off 1 on 1 against the player ranked above/below you in any other alliance. In this time you cannot attack anybody else except this player.
2. Once a player has taken a certain amount of the other players cities or got a certain amount of attacking points then the other player is knocked out.
3. The winner continues on to the next rd where he is matched with another enemy player who has also won his first fight.

In the end you are left with 2 players that battle it out for alliance glory.

DeletedUser

wouldnt work but nice idea-you could be 5 oceans away or the player could be inactive. what happens if one of you is /or goes into in vm also if you go play the next player eventually you will be up against a minnow..could players give others support -eg you could be faced with a stacked opponent with bad morale who will stalemate you...the new end game has def got to be fight based not res or favour . I realise this a lot of your first worlds and due to the alliance cap it has been relatively quick but in a 40 cap server wonders go on forever..imagine the EXO GP saga happening (or the AK situ) in a 40 cap server..

The GM

Phrourach
No support or resources could be sent to either player from other players. Everything is locked.

All out war is my preferred method but this would mean WW period may never end?

DeletedUser

I suppose we are going wholly off topic now but 1.26 was not perfect..battling to the end killed a lot of servers , and mainly due to culture points making it ridiculous total for a new a city and often your only choice was a n inactive..at the time very few playing 1.0 wanted them to remain the same (tho this is forgotten now), some did but WW and 2.0 was seen as a necessary step.

Here is an honest question to TD? If the end game was fight based how do you think you would of done?

I would like to see Apoc vs TD in a 40 cap server (if there ever is one again) but i fear everyone is a bit tired from Grep now and instant build makes it unaffordable and less skill based anyway.

The GM

Phrourach
I suppose we are going wholly off topic now but 1.26 was not perfect..battling to the end killed a lot of servers , and mainly due to culture points making it ridiculous total for a new a city and often your only choice was a n inactive..at the time very few playing 1.0 wanted them to remain the same (tho this is forgotten now), some did but WW and 2.0 was seen as a necessary step.

Here is an honest question to TD? If the end game was fight based how do you think you would of done?

I would like to see Apoc vs TD in a 40 cap server (if there ever is one again) but i fear everyone is a bit tired from Grep now and instant build makes it unaffordable and less skill based anyway.

That has a lot of variables to factor in. Of course we would have won, we would have lost some baggage along the way just as Apoc would have. Remember we were spread throughout many, many oceans and some of our best simmers seemed to be located on the fringes. Apoc has always had the advantage of us moving into their core looking for a fight, not the other way around.

40 v 40, now your talking..

DeletedUser48096

Its an intresting question Jams and I can honestly (;)) say that we would have managed the server differntly if that was the requirement to victory. As I said earlier we managed the requirements for victory better than apoc and ZT did.

I cant say Iam suprised that there is a petition of players who want a differnt set of victory requirements. I might actually be intrested in signing it to be honest, But until the requirements are changed it is basically arguing with "if's and but's".. Under the current criteria and on this world the requirements are clear.