Passed Non-picture version of Grepolis

Would you like to see this idea in the game?

• Yes

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal:
Be able to switch between a text and graphical overview

Current Workaround
Not really

Details
Basically as with tw and probably the west there was a button to press to use a text version of each villages overview. You could switch between a graphical and text based overview. Pretty simple really. Basically the reason for this is so that if you're on slow internet you don't have to wait for ages and it creates a semi mobile version of grepolis. The reason innogames should do this is basically that it gives us a semi mobile version without heaps of effort on their end.

The other thing that would be nice is if there were a way to be able to link directly to the screen of a farm etc so we don't have to click on the farm to begin the process of attacking

Summary
Basically this will allow for a mobile version, will save innogames bandwidth, will stop us requesting a mobile version and will save us bandwidth

Sparky13

DeletedUser

The classical over view.
Thats what i am looking for aswel

DeletedUser

Yes me too! I can't log in my school because of so many pictures to download.

DeletedUser

That would be very hard to do in a java-based game like this one. However, it's an idea nonetheless (although proposed as mobile versions too, so technically this is a repost).

And if anyone should be able to do it, Inno can. I'd even be prepared to have Administrator to be able to play everywhere...

DeletedUser

That would be very hard to do in a java-based game like this one. However, it's an idea nonetheless (although proposed as mobile versions too, so technically this is a repost).

And if anyone should be able to do it, Inno can. I'd even be prepared to have Administrator to be able to play everywhere...

its been done on the other innogames games and tribal wars is very similar - and no this isnt a repost because people use the non-graphical version because it is more concise and easier to use not just on mobiles but on pcs as well

DeletedUser

Yay so I'm not the only one who agrees. And yes their current version is javascript based where as tw's isn't so that does cause some problems but I think they can still do it

DeletedUser

Exactly!

I, like most top players in Tribal Wars, play all day at work. With the way that the graphics are currently set up, while I play at work I cannot change my passwork, email, or delete my account from the settings area because the graphics mess up and overlap, making them unclickable.

Also, From my local map, all villages have white squares behind them and the flags show nothing except the skeleton of the flagpole, no colors at all.

The larger map does not load at all, leaving me no idea where I am in comparision to those not on my island, not to mention making them invincible to my attacks, because I can't click on them.

We really need either a Low Quality option for the maps so that I can attack players on another island (eventually).

also, there should be a Low Quality option for the entire game, so that I can delete my account, if I wanted to, or change my e-mail, or access the InnoGames support.

Haha, this ended up much longer than I planned, but I think this is almost a mandatory change in order for the game to be fair to all players, and some people can't attack other islands, while others cant. IMHO

*****SideNote: Too much graphics making the game unplable is why I found TribalWars in the first place, and began to get addicted to it. I first tried Evony and its graphics made it unplaying at work, so Innogames got my Premium Money instead of whoever makes Evony. High and Low graphics options = more accesibility to many differnt players and not turning them away to games that they can play while at work, and equal more money!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yep. And I was hoping I could play the game with my PSP, but although the main page loads correctly, when I click on login, nothing happens

DeletedUser

That sounds to me like that's an issue with the browser on the PSP

DeletedUser

It should not be a huge problem if you have high speed but I suppose on an international server it could be a problem for some. IE, some of the best players I have ever met were in china, however their internet was not so great.

Google - google vs china as an example!

DeletedUser

lol true. But yah it's kinda more for mobile use/using a laptop on the go whilst using 3G/dodgy maccas wireless :)

DeletedUser

I think it's a great ideal but if it is to get accet you need a poll of something so players can vote

DeletedUser

Agreed about the poll. I'll wait till a mod posts here first though

DeletedUser

Im playing from itouch atm and you can't read long messages which is also due to the graphics

DeletedUser

Well, what I'd really like, is a version of the map that works without having to drag.

Don't get me wrong, the dragging is awesome, but on mobiles it isn't possible ;)

DeletedUser

Well that and one that allows you to click on the villages lol. Basically a way to enter a coordinate like the rally point in tw

DeletedUser

Well, what I'd really like, is a version of the map that works without having to drag.

Don't get me wrong, the dragging is awesome, but on mobiles it isn't possible ;)

Yes it is! Maybe not on your phone.

DeletedUser

Yah I've got a nokia E71 and on the normal browser and Opera mini you can't even click on the farms on the map

DeletedUser

More Unsuable Features

Today is Day 2 in Grepolis and the gameplay seems truly addicting, even more than (dare I say....) Tribal wars!

I'm just going to update features that are unsuable due to high graphics that many people may not be able to use, and are pivital to gameplay if they use a mobile, school, or work pc to access the game.

* Large Map, a larger version of your local island, unsuable.

*No flags show on local map, so you must hover to find farming villages

*Battle Simulator crashes

*In Settings, cannot click "Change e-mail, delete acount, or Support"

*Cannot select last page (or anything aside from the first page) of a alliance forum thread

*Causes browser to crash when uploading coat of arms

I'll post more when I find them, if anybody else finds problems due to huge demand for graphics on your mobile, school, or work computers you should note them so the Developers know what their looking to change! If you have also had the same problems as posted above, I encourage you to speak up!

Status
Not open for further replies.