Passed Non-picture version of Grepolis

Would you like to see this idea in the game?

• Yes

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Cannot scroll to change map screen thing through dragging - u have to enter coordinates

but you can't scroll to see longmessagws forum posts after the first one on a page in alliance forums and in msgs

DeletedUser

Can't Search Rankings

The high Graphics demand makes me unable to search rankings in any area by rank number or name.

DeletedUser

Well, it's basically everything that isn't really working great due to the overkill of GUI :p

(I can't believe I'm actually suggesting this) but a sort of completely text-based version, like a console game would be epic :D

DeletedUser

OT but, I went to school to be taught and went to work to work. I was obviously born in the wrong generation.

DeletedUser

+1 ... I don't need any of that, as this game works perfectly fine for me. But if something happened to my comp and I had to use my dreaded old one. I would hardly be able to play at all... And I know exactly how you guys feel from experience.

+1 from me.

Bucky.

DeletedUser

Moved to Development Discussions. One week to discuss any specifics you wish to add/change.

Please edit the original post to reflect any decisions made.

DeletedUser829

Low graphics is better than exposing the web services they use for this game. Doing that will cause to many script monkeys to have wet dreams.

Easy way to combat this is:
For mobile devices:
1) In battle reports of farms, allow us to click on the farm name to see options.
2) Map View - when we click on a city, set the actual map (content area) to hidden. this will fix the clicking "through" the block elements set.

Honestly, there doesn't need to be much scripting changes. Just seperate style sheets for mobile devices.

DeletedUser829

Exactly. A seperate style sheet is exactly what is needed

I dont' know if you're being sarcastic or not.... but as a web developer that's all that's needed. Mobile devices have flaws in their browsers (and the next person who tells me to switch to Opera Mini needs to get their head out of their ***!), and as such they need special help... not as much as IE6... but they need some love.

Absolute positioning and z-indexes are hated by mobile phones... but the map control built for this game would be hard to convert. So that right there is the rub. It's a beautiful map control - good scripting - but... not mobile friendly.

So for my suggestion: when viewing the report of a farm attack, allow us to click the name of the farm (like we would a player) to bring up options on it (attack etc.).

This way we don't need to load the map page (which is the biggest issue to most), and can do our bidding from there.

DeletedUser

There just needs to be a simple way to change between a mobile version and non mobile etc or for it to be automatic

DeletedUser

There just needs to be a simple way to change between a mobile version and non mobile etc or for it to be automatic

I would love to be able to get on through my iPod Touch! That would be so great!

I also have trouble getting on from school because of all the pictures. I would love to see a classical overview implemented, but I think the main reason there is a Classic Overview on TW is because that's how it started (not sure, wasn't around back then).

DeletedUser

And I just noticed that tw is adding a mobile app for tw so why not grepolis

DeletedUser

Poll added.

7 days for everyone to vote, at which point I will send the results to the developers.

Status
Not open for further replies.