Noob Question of Course

DeletedUser

Greetings all,
My first post. Still trying to figure out some of the basics and been through the tutorials not really finding an answer. My question is on taking over a farm. The attack option shows they have 60 villagers and I should bring 40 units. However, the simulator shows that 15 slingers will take out the 60 defenders with a loss of 5 slingers. If i add my 7 swordsman it shows i only loose 4 slingers but loose all 7 swordsman. Do I spend the extra time to create more slingers and/or archers just to reduce my losses or do I send the 15 in and take the 5 loss. If I make 3 more slingers, the simulator shows a loss of 4. The # of lost slingers doesn't change to -3 until you have 63 slingers. Doesn't seem like a worth initial investment considering how much you would loose on demanding supplies from the farm. So the real question is i guess, can i pull it off with 15 or 18 slingers as the simulator shows or is there some other factor?

Thanks for your input.

Col O'Neal

DeletedUser

The simulator tends to be accurate with farming villages. Morale and wall levels might determine otherwise, but they're only applicable to players.

It's up to you how you go about it. Personally, I would assume the extra time you gain from taking it earlier would pay for the 1-2 slingers extra you lose.

DeletedUser

turns out that i don't meet the "required strength" to initiate the attack even though the 15 slingers will do the job. Guess I'll build up some more before taking on that next farm. Thanks

DeletedUser25074

ok the 40 required mate is simply how much of your population you have to have used via created units.

You could have 3 LS and 10 slings that would equate to you using 40 pop up and would mean you meet the requirement to take your next farm.

As for units required to take the farm u can send 7 slingers to take it as they will happily take down the 60 slingers defending.The more you send the less you lose though tbh slinger are cheap and quick to make and the extra res you gain from having the extra farm easily pays for the lose of a few slings within an hour or so if your 5 minute tapping.