Not joining an alliance

Roastinator

Chiliarch
Hi,
I’m a new player to the game and want to know. Is there any point in not joining an alliance as you have no impact on the world outcome?

DeletedUser50649

If you're not in an alliance you'll absolutely have no impact on the world, because you'll be eaten fairly quickly

The alliance structure is the heart and soul of the game

Roastinator

Chiliarch
I heard that some alliances try to take you and if you prove yourself they give you a spot or is that wishful thinking?

DeletedUser48696

I heard that some alliances try to take you and if you prove yourself they give you a spot or is that wishful thinking?

Hi, welcome to Grepo! I agree with SunTsi. If you don't join an alliance, you will eventually be eaten. When you are in a good alliance, it's also way more fun than being alone.

And yes, many alliances will take you in if you are showing strong growth in terms of points/BP and if you send in a good application. In our alliance, we are always open to inexperienced players as I think we have an obligation to help new players if they are willing to learn. It's not good for the game to turn away new players just because they may not be as good as the experienced ones (yet).

However, some alliances are premades (group of friends who have probably played together on multiple worlds) and they are very slow to recruit unless you are very good. So, take a look at the rankings and stats (on sites like Grepointel/Grepolife) of alliances in or near your Ocean and maybe send a message to the leaders and ask them about joining. By their reply, you should have a good first impression on how serious the alliance is.

Hope that helps and feel free to send me a message in game or here on the forum if you want to know anything else :)