Notepad vs Notepad++ Ultimate battle

DeletedUser

Hey guys :D

Can you tell me which text editor is better? I've been using Notepad since I started scripting and find it amazing. But I would like to see your opinion om notepad++. Why do you think of it?

DeletedUser

lmao, you scripting? :D I think w......

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
<insert derp image here>

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Man c++ is so difficult! How do you bloody execute the file? My compiler won't let me!:supermad::supermad::supermad:

DeletedUser

Please firelord stop saying BS...

You can't understand why on grepo you def with swords and not att let alone programming on C++

DeletedUser

Please firelord stop saying BS...

You can't understand why on grepo you def with swords and not att let alone programming on C++

What the hells your problem? I vbs script and moving on to c++ scripting. My chat bot was evidence that I vbs script. Please take your ignorance elsewhere.

DeletedUser

srsl ? You talking about ignorance? I know i should have print screened what you say on chat.

PLS boy your as smart as a donkey is...

DeletedUser

Yes I'm talking about ignorance. You assumed I can't script due to my personality. Another form of prejudice which too can be classed as Ignorance. Therefore you my friend were in fact ignorant. As I can script basic , simple window programs and have shown the forum my chat bot. So overall you were in fact ignorant , too much of an imbecile to even answer my question and join this discussion.

Leave this thread alone you troll. Look at what you're doing! You're making this thread go off topic which is another form of trolling. Oh please cut the insults. I thought better of you. An intelligent person wouldn't have resorted to insults as they have the brains to think of something better. But I mistaken you for an intelligent person , I'm sorry :( It won't happen again.

Now if you don't have the brains to answer my question and join into this discussion leave this thread alone.

DeletedUser

Can you tell me which text editor is better? I've been using Notepad since I started scripting and find it amazing. But I would like to see your opinion om notepad++. Why do you think of it?

Notepad is very basic, Notepad++ has some shiny cool things built into it. The names reveal all the difference that is there.
I'm acting like a mod today.

Do you not see the irony in you spamming the thread?
Man c++ is so difficult! How do you bloody execute the file? My compiler won't let me!:supermad::supermad::supermad:

Is there any error message?

DeletedUser

Yes there lot's of errors and warnings when I'm writing my code. It's technically impossible to run and execute it. I've attempted to create snakes the game and I have the code but every time I run it there's loads of errors. How can I solve the problem? I can't create widgets as I can't find a valid place to store it. Help?

DeletedUser

srsl ? You talking about ignorance? I know i should have print screened what you say on chat.

PLS boy your as smart as a donkey is...

loooooooooool they were the dayss ah the memories:p

DeletedUser

Yes I'm talking about ignorance. You assumed I can't script due to my personality. Another form of prejudice which too can be classed as Ignorance. Therefore you my friend were in fact ignorant. As I can script basic , simple window programs and have shown the forum my chat bot. So overall you were in fact ignorant , too much of an imbecile to even answer my question and join this discussion.

Leave this thread alone you troll. Look at what you're doing! You're making this thread go off topic which is another form of trolling. Oh please cut the insults. I thought better of you. An intelligent person wouldn't have resorted to insults as they have the brains to think of something better. But I mistaken you for an intelligent person , I'm sorry :( It won't happen again.

Contradicting enough huh? First you say i'm an Ignorant and imbecile cause i compared your intellect to one of a donkey (That was a compliment btw) and that i prejudiced you cause of your personality (Yeah cause every post of your has been like a shining light of knowledge for all of us, as my prejudice was totally unbiased, sorry) but then you go and write

An intelligent person wouldn't have resorted to insults as they have the brains to think of something better.

Which makes me think even more-"What are you?", cause clearly if you were an intelligent person you would have resorted to calling me an Ignorant and Imbecile (While i just did a comparison, nothing explicit) cause you should have had brains to think of smth better and this leaves me with a very big dilemma. :rolleyes:

Now if you don't have the brains to answer my question and join into this discussion leave this thread alone.

Also as to you question:

Notepad<<Notepad++

Notepad++ is a new version so can do everything Notepad can do and more, is like saying who is better Photoshop 7 or CS 5 (And before you say smth about this comparison, this is how i see it.)

DeletedUser

Not really. Please take your ignorance elsewhere. You never used it I presume so you can't really give any decent comment on it. It can't make batch codes.

DeletedUser5

What the hells your problem? I vbs script and moving on to c++ scripting. My chat bot was evidence that I vbs script. Please take your ignorance elsewhere.

Please understand that a simple chat bot, which didn't even interpret your input does not really equate to "scripting". Also, I would stick to learning one language, rather than flitting between C++ and VBS.

Also, take the arguing to Private Messages, before I have to do some work.

I will clean up the thread a bit later.

DeletedUser5

Notepad<<Notepad++

Notepad++ is a new version so can do everything Notepad can do and more, is like saying who is better Photoshop 7 or CS 5 (And before you say smth about this comparison, this is how i see it.)

Words spoken by someone who doesn't really know what they're talking about.

Notepad is the default editor for .txt files on a Windows computer.

Notepad++ is an open source text and syntax editor available from http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

As an answer to your question, firelord... I would recommend the use of an IDE, where you can create and test the code. Visual Studios would be ideal for you if you're still sticking to VBS.

DeletedUser

Nah I ditched it. I c++ 2 days ago. I've already got a good compiler which I'm use to. It's codeblock. I haven't got a clue what to do mate. I've memorize this code by heart :

#include <iostream>

user namespace std;

int main ()

}

cout <<"spam4l1fe" ;

return 0;
}

I'm currently trying to memorize a chat bot code which can respond to your words and reply like it's articifial. But I don't think I'm teaching myself correctly. Do you have to memorize the c++ codes and change it to your personal taste to program properly Adam?

DeletedUser5

No, you don't have to memorize code, you have to learn how to program in C++, not just regurgitate stuff.

Having never programmed in C++, I'm not going to be best suited for helping you debug code if you get errors, and I'm not prepared to learn C++ just so I can help you.

As I said, I would recommend sticking with VBS for now, just so that you can get used to learning a language, and then you could diversify into whatever language you want.

Considering you've only been "programming" a very short amount of time, I would not recommend jumping straight into C++

DeletedUser

If you wish to learn how to speak russian, you don't accomplish much by picking up anna karenina and reading it. And memorizing the word soviet does not mean you understand russian!

DeletedUser

no , it's fine. I won't give up. I'm already starting to create my own application and I'm reading c++ tutorials online. I will be a c++ programmer even if it kills me. VBS scripting is lame. I don't want to be a scriptting kiddie. Wish me luck!

DeletedUser

no , it's fine. I won't give up. I'm already starting to create my own application and I'm reading c++ tutorials online. I will be a c++ programmer even if it kills me. VBS scripting is lame. I don't want to be a scriptting kiddie. Wish me luck!

Try our MS Visual Studio Express; www.microsoft.com/express

It is worth a go I use the pro version day in and day out; and have got a few cool little grepo toys working in it.