NOVA ERA- Thebes

DeletedUser19042

No. He is just discussing your point of view.

However, please stay on topic. :)

DeletedUser

How is it a tied argument?
Other alliances will conquer other cities that aren't all turtled up. You won't be taking anything. Ergo, you will fail.

You will sim and will eventually be conquered by better alliances because their skill will eventually out do your wall of biremes.

DeletedUser

I disagree. It's 'the best defense is a good offense.'
You've got it mixed up. When applying this to American football, defense not only creates scoring opportunities but prevents the opposing team from scoring.

DeletedUser

Okay since I had a few ppl dislike my new name i had to make another and now i will take this anger out in the northeast ocean LOL I can promise you this that I will be the number 1 player in that ocean as well as in the world or in the top 3 its going to be fun now and I will show no mercy at all please Remember this name you will hear about it and see it alot in this forum I wont post it but u guys will I promise :pro:

DeletedUser

it is definitely "the best defense is a good offense"

it is used often in football (soccer) and the same principles apply for war

think about it, imagine in WWII if instead of re-taking france the allies had just defended their own countries...we'd probably be speaking in german right now

you can't conquer cities with defensive units, all you'll end up doing is becoming the biggest bp farm in grepo history

DeletedUser

it is definitely "the best defense is a good offense"

it is used often in football (soccer) and the same principles apply for war

think about it, imagine in WWII if instead of re-taking france the allies had just defended their own countries...we'd probably be speaking in german right now

you can't conquer cities with defensive units, all you'll end up doing is becoming the biggest bp farm in grepo history

I agree turtling always gets busted up and attacking is a must in this game so hopefully the mate understands he will fight and not just be defensive or it will cause his stay to be very short on this world

DeletedUser

The fact that you are willing to pact before the world has even opened implies that you will not be a very attacking alliance. You limit your potential targets by pacting people.

And this comment:

The best offence is a good defence

DeletedUser41523

Okay enough of this defense and offense debate. Want the truth?

If you lean too far on each side then you're screwed. End of story. You need both at some point and need to have sufficient means to keep attacking and defending simultaneously. If you can't be offensive then you'll just end up taking a pounding or getting bored anyways that if you aren't removed from the alliance. If you can't be defensive then you'll eventually have an op on you and be taken care of. Hence why you need to have a decent balance between the two.

Relating back to American football i'll point out two teams. The Detroit Lions had the second ranked offense in the league. They had no defense though and lost tons of games. In turn TCU had great defenses but still only limped into a bowl game because they couldn't capitalize on offense.

DeletedUser

You could pact if said alliances were to work together for the entire time thus creating genuine brother/sister alliances. I'm not sure what the world ending will be, hopefully dominance.

I reckon I've played smart to choose south west since Rizinia first came out. Don't tell me that I chose that direction simply because I want to avoid this pretty sturdy alliance here, I have a lot on my mind about this and it's going to be smooth sailing for a while.

Good luck to Nova by the way, not that you'll need it that much.

DeletedUser

I think I like Link and his little thing hes got going here. Look forward to battling with you Link!