Nuclear Disaster??

DeletedUser17045

Patience dude. World just opened, people are more concerned about building their polis' than posting here. ;)

DeletedUser

I am a fairly new to grepolis so take this with the grain of salt, but here goes:

when I first started an alliance with a friend of mine, I sent some invites out without an accompanying message, which was dumb and irrespectful. I then learned from reading the forums that it is low-class to do such a thing, so now I am sending a message to every single person I am inviting. Yet, I am not getting responses :(

I realize that people might not wanna join, but isn't it only fair to expect at least some sort of response to the message? even a simple "Thanks for the offer, but no" would do. Or is that not how things work here? :) Was just curious, as it seemed sort of a double standard that it is expected from the recruiter to send a message, but the invitees can just purely ignore it and not be looked down upon for doing that.

Thanks for your time and see you around the islands fellas - I am immensely enjoying this game so far, as well as the community for the most part - thank yall for that! :)

DeletedUser2663

I am a fairly new to grepolis so take this with the grain of salt, but here goes:

when I first started an alliance with a friend of mine, I sent some invites out without an accompanying message, which was dumb and irrespectful. I then learned from reading the forums that it is low-class to do such a thing, so now I am sending a message to every single person I am inviting. Yet, I am not getting responses :(

I realize that people might not wanna join, but isn't it only fair to expect at least some sort of response to the message? even a simple "Thanks for the offer, but no" would do. Or is that not how things work here? :) Was just curious, as it seemed sort of a double standard that it is expected from the recruiter to send a message, but the invitees can just purely ignore it and not be looked down upon for doing that.

Thanks for your time and see you around the islands fellas - I am immensely enjoying this game so far, as well as the community for the most part - thank yall for that! :)

depends on the players you approach. Most, as far as my experience go, do reply in common courtesy. But then again it depends on the quality of the message. On other servers when i made my alliances my recruitment messages would be about 200-300 words long, a bloody essay covering all points that any person looking to join an alliance would want to know. I ended up getting favourable results from it BUT i had experience on my side which is a major factor as no one wants to be lead by some one who dosen't know what they are doing. just some info for ya.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the response.

I completely agree about the experience factor. I didn't expect that people will start flocking in and we will take over the world or anything like that, what we have now is about what I have expected :) we will most likely be eaten by the bigger fish somewhere down the line, but hey, since I play this game primarily for fun and I am having fun so far, it cannot be all that bad of a decision :)

maybe I will be able to build at least a bit of rep and then be more succesful in the future worlds, but for now I'm happy with how it's been goin. Cya around sir!

DeletedUser2663

Thanks for the response.

I completely agree about the experience factor. I didn't expect that people will start flocking in and we will take over the world or anything like that, what we have now is about what I have expected :) we will most likely be eaten by the bigger fish somewhere down the line, but hey, since I play this game primarily for fun and I am having fun so far, it cannot be all that bad of a decision :)

maybe I will be able to build at least a bit of rep and then be more succesful in the future worlds, but for now I'm happy with how it's been goin. Cya around sir!

Yea, when i did my recruiting i had links to grepostat pages of alliances i was involved in leading. i reckon its easier to join an alliance, work your way up to leadership, then try founding one. thats the route i took and it worked out bloody awesome

DeletedUser

Listen to Metalcore

Yea, when i did my recruiting i had links to grepostat pages of alliances i was involved in leading. i reckon its easier to join an alliance, work your way up to leadership, then try founding one. thats the route i took and it worked out bloody awesome

One of the most respected players from Gamma. Listen to what he says, because he knows this game and treats people well.