Numeric Argument Against the Existence of God

DeletedUser37948

Without God, there would be no definition of morality. Without a God, life would have no more consequence than that of a goldfish.

if you beleive in god then maybe you could beleive that

but what you have wrote is more a stament than an argument

DeletedUser

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hopes of reward after death."
- Albert Einstein, "Religion and Science," New York Times Magazine, 1930

DeletedUser33530

if you beleive in god then maybe you could beleive that

but what you have wrote is more a stament than an argument

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hopes of reward after death."

Funny you lot should mention that
considering pebble already thought of it

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40768

Irony is I have used Einstein quotes in the past where he talks about how there must be a god, and was told the opinion of one scientist doesn't count :p

Link of time

Phrourach
"Nonsense is nonsense, even when spoken by famous scientists."
-John Lennox

DeletedUser33530

Irony is I have used Einstein quotes in the past where he talks about how there must be a god, and was told the opinion of one scientist doesn't count :p

OK I'm just going to say this right now. Einstein did not believe in a personal God. What does this mean? It means he was definitely did not believe in the Christian God (which is the Jewish God don't start on that).

"Nonsense is nonsense, even when spoken by famous scientists."
-John Lennox

Nonsense is spoken or written words that have no meaning or make no sense.
-Webster
I might not agree with that quote but it definitely made sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well that's true. Just because einstein said that there must be a god doesn't mean it's true. The fact that it's Einstein who said it doesn't matter, it's about the content of the quote and its validity. This quote in particular just conveyed my stance on the subject perfectly so I decided to post it instead of putting it in my own words.

So what you can take from this is that I'm lazy :)