Nu's Paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser345

Nu’s Paper

Hello I am -Achilles- and I am running the Nu's Paper.
I would like you to mail me any bit of news that you hear about Nu during the week, rumours and facts, wars and merges. You can mail us on either our in game accounts or our forum ones.

So without further ado I present the Nu's!​

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser345

Nu's Paper (Article 1) - 23/12/10

The Beginning of Nu

On Thursday 9th December 2010, the Nu world was created; pre-mades began to be set up and MRAs started recruiting. And now 14 days later as the top players are beginning to converge on their second city I write the first article. We will start off with the rankings...

Player Rankings

1) mAsTeRiTy
2) mcurphy
3) King-of-Kings
4) DanLWar
5) freakout room

As we near the time when players take their second village, mAsTeRiTy has risen to number 1. Previous experience suggests that he will stay there quite a while like he did on Iota, where he dominated. In the last few days he has leapfrogged mcurphy who had held the spot since Day 3. This may be put down to mcurphy making troops to replace the ones he lost when gaining all his BPA, congratulations to him for being the first player to reach 500 BPA by the way.

Alliance Rankings

1) The Shadows Rising
2) Byzantine Empire
3) Shadow Titans
4) The Great Empire
5) Wolf Warriors

Most of you reading this will probably immediately dismiss all of those top 5 as MRAs as you usually expect to find at the beginning of a world, they all have over 90 members so I will let you make up your own mind on that matter. Some big news in the world of alliances is that a coalition has been formed between the some of the biggest alliances in the world. Byzantine Empire, Shadow Titans and Great Empire are all in it along with SAMCRO – rank 8, TW SHADOWS-ELITE – rank 10, O.R.C – rank 9 and a few of their academies.

349dgyf.jpg

Interview of the Week

With cuong the fonder of Shadows Rising - rank 1

-Achilles- today at 2:20 PM:
You must be happy with the way the world is shaping out aren't you. You have held top spot since day 1 and to the surprise of many oracles who predicted you would fail have done rather well on BPA, a factor that many take into account as I deciding factor of future dominance?

cuong today at 2:29 PM
Yes I do

-Achilles- today at 2:31 PM
Yes you’re happy?

cuong today at 2:33 PM
Alway

-Achilles- today at 2:34 PM
Ok, do you think that you could stay at the top spot?

cuong today at 2:39 PM
I don’t know, let wait and see, the one you’re calling the NOOB or Santa shadow

-Achilles- today at 2:44 PM
many people think that you will not make it due to your massive member count, in the past they have always failed due to lack of organisation.

A) Do you have any inactive?
B) Do you plan to kick out these inactive along with players less than 700 points who have not grown enough?

cuong today at 2:58 PM
I do agree to all your point, but your have to understand this is the game, give them a change to learn, if they not active yes I will kick them out. If they are under 800 point yes we will train them. If your alliance think this is NOOB it ok. Because your just a self fish alliance.

-Achilles- today at 3:01 PM
Right, are you part of the coalition of alliances known as U.A.N?

cuong today at 3:06 PM
I can’t answer that.

-Achilles- today at 3:10 PM
If you are part of the coalition then what are your plans for the future, surely growth would be impossible with so many players in such a small place.

cuong today at 3:11 PM
Like I say I will not answer that question

-Achilles- today at 3:12 PM
But if you are not, do you feel threatened? Being their biggest rival must surely put you top of their conquering list?

cuong today at 3:37 PM
Which world that you are not understanding, I will not answer that question

-Achilles- today at 3:39 PM
Thank you for your time.

Make of it what you want I then went an asked some of the alliance founders with a more established reputation, who are leading tribes with a higher average point count and asked them this question:

'Do you think that Shadows Rising could survive and become a major player in the future of Nu?'

Here are the responses:

UV: "I think if they trimmed their ranks a bit, they could certainly last, being a major power is less likely however.
I hope they do survive, what our world needs is more Shadow alliances, someone should make a "Spartan Elite Shadows" alliance."

muttzy: "i dont care.if they will or not.i care only about my peoples."

Commander Roky: "if they have at least 20 strong players to hold the others, but I think it is very hard"

Beasty Hedgehog: "Hey, I highly doubt it, it's VERY rare that a large alliance actually survives a few months into the servers. The top 5 alliances usually get crushed/fold or simply loose grip of the top alliances. They have too many members and they are too far away from each others to fully co-ordinate with each other, thanks
BH"

Sapphire Sorrows: "Sure, Everybody still has a chance. Such a call can't really be made until people start taking 2nd and 3rd towns."

TommyKnight: "I think they can survive yes, purely because they will just keep recruiting, but a major role? I think not."

Now that I have received three replies I shall publish the paper but I will edit and add more if they arrive in my message box.

And now in true Dobby style we have....

Quote of the Week

For quote of the week we would like you to send nominations to me in mail so seeing as we haven’t had that this week the quote of the week is recognising our great mod leggy!

"Hardly. Glory where it's due, to Leggy. "​

DeletedUser345

Nu's Paper (Article 2) - 30/12/10

Player Rankings
1) mAsTeRiTy
2) King-of-Kings
3) mcurphy
4) maximum65
5) DanLWar

Not much change really in the player rankings since last week King-of-Kings becomes the second player to leapfrog the early pacesetter mcurphy and the only new addition to the rankings being maximum65 who has replaced freakoutroom. Meanwhile more noticeable news is that our number one player has left Shadows Fall and I can explain that later.

Alliance Rankings
1) The Shadows Rising
2) Byzantine Empire
3) Shadow Titans
4) Tw-Shadows ELITE
5) Wolf Warriors

Not much change here either, still the same old alliances at the top. Not much news around.

The Nu Wars

Well Nu I bring you some less heard of wars that are raging around the world. One so insignificant that you will not care, but I did find it rather amusing and I hope you will too.

This ‘war’ has been declared by the relatively small Lords of Blys and to quote their declaration:

“The declaration is- TSHC (The Society of Hounds of Cuchulain) hereby declares war on the inhabitants of The Kingdom of Blys (The island which has been declared is to be ruled only by this alliance) that do not belong to TSHC. Here they have failed to grow at a constant rate and failed to join us when asked. War will only be ended when the entire island is taken from the hands of pathetic useless players.”

I suspect they will find the inactives six swordsmen to difficult a challenge.

Our other is a war fought in alleyways of World Nu, in the darkness, in the shadows!

dm5y8k.png

Shadows Fall has declared war on The Shadows Rising, an interesting decision you may think, as Shadows Fall has been thought of as a more ‘elite’ alliance than others out there. A bit of an early war especially for an alliance regarded like that. I mean only one player has conquered yet, mAsTeRiTy, and by declaring this war Shadows Fall have alienated him and he has left them. This is why:

-Achilles- on 12/29/10 at 2:01 PM
Why did you leave the Shadows Fall? Is something going wrong in there?

mAsTeRiTy on 12/29/10 at 5:13 PM
I wasn't happy with the fact that they went to war with Shadows Rising so early on...a bit pointless if you ask me....but I was getting all the attacks from Rising shadows plus they kept bolting me....so I said screw it I am not taking all the hit because of my leaders decisions!! I think it is a good paper article! ;)

-Achilles- on 12/29/10 at 10:19 PM
do you think this was a failure by the entire leadership of SF or just one leader?

mAsTeRiTy on 12/29/10 at 10:27 PM
to be honest not sure who took the decision and why..I think it was a council decision...I think diplomatically they took the wrong decision as fighting an MRA at this stage is not wise as it is detrimental to your growth which is the most important thing at the start of the game so should be concentrating on growing first and then expanding not the other way round!....anywayz...

Other Noticeable Events of the Week

V2.0MASTERS foolishly gave Phish leader powers and he made no mistake in kicking virtually all the members and destroying their forums.

The more interesting fact is that he was allowed in at all. Phish had previously joined the tribe on a spying mission and had been given leadership rights, on extracting the information he needed, he got himself kicked by continually pestering muttzy over founder privileges.

So to let him in again with this in the picture is remarkable let alone to give him leadership rights again, but even worse was to come. When Phish joined and did the dirty work it was only a day or two before that this exchange had taken place between muttzy and Phish’s co-founder Ballinbleezo:

LEGION666K today at 2:17 AM
what war,u idiot?u dont have a clue who we are.but u will soon find out.i heard enough of your and ruin !

Ballinbleezo today at 2:19 AM
what?

Ballinbleezo today at 2:25 AM
I'll disregard the obvious grammatical errors and specify... What are you talking about? I'm pretty sure I made war abundantly clear when I asked you to remove your own member so I could attack him. I guess that wasn't clear to you? Do I need to speak another language? Parles-tu francais? Hablas espanol? Nice random message, moron. Learn English then talk some trash, you illiterate donkey. I also speak French and Spanish if you can better convey your message that way.... If English is your first language, please do not have kids. Ever.

LEGION666K today at 2:39 AM
idiot yo abla espanyol too.but i will tell u in english:u r just a dead man walking,u idiot !and english is not my first language.but im sure your tongue is very good to lick asses.we will meet soon.

Ballinbleezo today at 3:01 AM
I'm living fine. This is a game, for me anyways. You can conquer me, I'll probably continue my life as per usual. I grow tired of receiving threatening messages from old men... By the way, we've already had a normal conversation that used real words and excluded vulgarities. Your facade of appearing stupid is farcical at best. I am aware you're the god of the whole world of Grepolis, Mutzzy or whatever. Such a clever ruse from such a clever man. While you insult me from your keyboard, you probably sit alone leading an empty, hollow shell of a life and your only joy in the world comes from this game. So I apologize in advance for robbing you of this pleasure because inevitably you will lose :). Have a happy holidays, you heathen. This is a day for family and friends, and I get the pleasure of reading filth from an ignorant loser. Stop talking to me, get a life, and get ready to lose.

PS. Upon defeat, please do not continue sending me messages crying about how you should have won.

LEGION666K today at 3:14 AM
i drive a bmw 730 from 2004,have wife,one kid and few business.so,whos the looser here,punk?

It looks like V2.0MASTERS may be suffering the same weakness in leadership that might be hitting Shadows Fall if mAsTeRiTy is correct. But if the tactics that Phish used should not be admired the difficulty should.

Interview of the Week

This week’s interview is with muttzy on the recent tactics of disbanding and kicking members.

-Achilles- on 12/29/10 at 10:30 PM
Hi muttzy,

What do you make the recent kicking of players in your tribe? Who let Phish have the leadership powers and why? What do you think of tactics like these?

LEGION666K on 12/29/10 at 10:47 PM
u know very well what im i thinking about this tactics.i was online when it happens.i kick him one week be4 for the fact that he was asking privs.i smell a disbander even if hes on moon.still,i saw few idiots in my side who were very inactive.i cant attack one of my own.but if hes not one of mine.... .and the laughs on the ext forums about the disband give me exactly what i need it:reasons.reasons for what?u will all see.... .

ps.say hello to the mods from me.i still can read forums very well.

-Achilles- today at 8:41 AM
so if you where in a major war to win the world and the opportunity arrived you would not use such tactics to easily win that war?

LEGION666K today at 8:51 AM
never.and u cant win this way.

It seems for all his perculiarities muttzy is a noble but daft leader and from him i convey 'Hi' to the mods. (He is daft for not taking the oppurtunity to wipe out a main rival and opposition tribe easily, in the same sense he in noble).

Achievements of the Week

Congratulations to:

mAsTeRiTy – 2 villages
mAsTeRiTy – 5000 points
mAsTeRiTy – First conqueror

Only players are shown in the achievements of the week and recognition is only given to the player who did it first.

That is all this week then chaps, a reminder again to tell me any news you hear and give nominations for quote of the week!

P.S.

Fhibner has again been humiliated and put down, his inflated ego popped down to size. With a number of comments from Balloon Toucan, Sapphire Sorrows, TK and most of his own alliance.​

DeletedUser

Ok I never actually told achilles to post this, I thought he was going to help me out but it seems he has just gone ahead and done what he likes without any input from me.......

DeletedUser

Ok I never actually told achilles to post this, I thought he was going to help me out but it seems he has just gone ahead and done what he likes without any input from me.......

he even left Shadows to just focus on this, i think you're being overthrown Glenn! :)

DeletedUser345

ah sorry Glenn, i did message you, hey i'll quit now and you can take over :p

DeletedUser

you should both carry on.. they are both good news and both done a good job :)

Status
Not open for further replies.