Nysna /most boring server ever or just the way Grep. has gone?

Zarun-

Strategos
Yes - EN finally came out of the closet lol

Haha been saying it all world long. Same old shtick, new disguise.

Well... Is there anything interesting happening in Nysa at the moment?!

I'd say the pace towards WW being slowed dramatically despite 4x BP bonuses being possible is somewhat interesting.

Is this an orchestrated effort to delay WW start? Or is it an example of what this thread is trying to insinuate - that Nysa is so boring that people are quitting en-masse?

My personal opinion is that Nysa was over way too quick and the fact that everybody had to form 2+ branches to counter Knights/Eviction Notice tactics is depressing and anti-competitive.

Noz The Greek

Phrourach
Zarun - there was that MRA at the start that had 2 alliances from the start, many servers have alliances with academies, but yes here it was a question of "they are doing it so I need to" except Harps and Barbs, they kept true to the spirit. I had 4 alliances at one point, but mostly inactives filled them, and the good players who remained still didn't feel part of one family so it died, thankfully as Knights is a good alliance to be in (and I only know of a handful of players who can truly say they were in EN). YOu need to get off the EN is Knights thing, that chip has been eaten.

I remember Delphi (my third server) and my alliance (Royal Challengers) had 4 alliances to try and fight ONE* and sporadically GSA (as they turned more than a turny thing) and we were pacted with a few others - including Harps, however that was the best server I ever played to this day so I think it is more than number of sisters, pacts etc that turn a server into a damp squib like Nysa.

Zarun-

Strategos
Harpoon had Harpoon II. Dunno if they still do.

What would you say is the principal factor in the stagnation of Nysa then?

DeletedUser

What would you say is the principal factor in the stagnation of Nysa then?

IMO it wud just be a stalemate... The actual good alliances with numbers and activity are preparing for their WW race (very normal tbh)...

The other big alliances (more MRA orientated) are laying low and not attacking the big favorites as they are being left alone alot more atm due to the WW prep, these alliances do not want to trigger full out ops as retaliation cos they wud suffer greatly as though they might have the numbers, they dont have the activity. If they are attacking anyone its those they think just numbers will beat...

A few other alliances are fighting more actively but these are often alliances (like us BARBS) who dont care about WW much and are being attacked by the second group i mentioned...

Also another reason for the big alliances maybe not fighting as much is that if a big war did happen right now, the 1st alliance to show any weakness might be singled out by every1 else (including allies) and preyed upon as easier targets to further gain territory and protect WW...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yeh its due to WW era being so close.
Alliances will be happy to lay fairly dormant bar the occasional scuffle because getting fully involved in any new/existing confrontations will only hamper their chances of winning due to the res and time costs that could be used prepping for WW.

Any warring just before or during WW and you can basically write off your chances if there is a similar stature alliance who is just simming.
Otherwise when WW comes they will have to spend a good deal of their res on rebuilding rather than pumping it into their wonders. So the stagnation of Nysa is mainly due to the alliances that are in it to win it trying to be smart and enhance their chances the most. Unfortunately its what a resource based endgame results in.

DeletedUser

I had 4 alliances at one point, but mostly inactives filled them, and the good players who remained still didn't feel part of one family so it died, thankfully as Knights is a good alliance to be in (and I only know of a handful of players who can truly say they were in EN). YOu need to get off the EN is Knights thing, that chip has been eaten..

Thats the thing with the really large alliances, down the road you inevitably loose players for one reason or another and the bigger the alliance the more you loose (a trend but not aways the rule i know)

So with the larger alliances you will be constantly looking to recruit to make up for the ones that leave to keep your size/status, the problem is when you have a revolving door like that you never get to really know these people and so your left with a disconnected bunch or an alliance with very few core members but LOADS of expendables lol

DeletedUser

i don't know about you guys/gals i don't mind attacking still, WW from what i can gain, being my first world is about a set up of certain cities, attacking is what keeps me playing, i enjoy the challenge of attack people, that is what makes me happy fighting LOL/LOM is other than a couple of them, they are more defensive minded, other than Whathell and Wilhelm the majority of them either don't know how to attack or just chose not to, i wish the NI's were around us, they tend to attack more, i respect them, even if they have 48 different branches, they still keep the game interesting, except for Phil, only because he is a moron, on an IQ level, not in the game

DeletedUser31143

As usual, I must be doing something wrong because I'm not bored. We (Clocks) are surrounded on 2 1/2 sides by alliances that have pacted together against us. I'm doing a lot of attacking and being attacked a lot.

One item that you guys haven't mentioned is that there are a lot of internalizations at this stage of the game. I'd like to take a few more cities from opponents but I'm having to use all of my free slots for internals.

A great deal of the fighting depends on where you're located in the world. And if anyone wants to fight me, you have an open invite. I only play this game to fight. You can find me in O63 and O64.

DeletedUser

WW

WW starts in less than a month so here comes the "NOT" so fun part!!! Build your troops now guys and gals. Replace those towers with marketplaces and get those temples and resources maxed out!! Better max out your farm space now because those resources will be very very very precious soon.

The Barbs don't have any WW Islands that I know of. Maybe we do and i'm just too inept to find them. Guess we'll just do what we do best and improvise. On the plus side....we'll have the fastest troop rebuild speed in NYSA.

Disclaimer: These statements may or may not be representative of the entire alliance. Please direct any questions you may have to JP SPRINGER. He's our main spokesperson. No question will be left unanswered. In fact, I'm sure he'd be happy if you'd spam him with questions on any little concern on life that you have.

DeletedUser

As usual, I must be doing something wrong because I'm not bored. We (Clocks) are surrounded on 2 1/2 sides by alliances that have pacted together against us. I'm doing a lot of attacking and being attacked a lot.

One item that you guys haven't mentioned is that there are a lot of internalizations at this stage of the game. I'd like to take a few more cities from opponents but I'm having to use all of my free slots for internals.

A great deal of the fighting depends on where you're located in the world. And if anyone wants to fight me, you have an open invite. I only play this game to fight. You can find me in O63 and O64.

Well it sounds like you are in for a tough fight indeed, who are these alliances that surround you? Surely not NI!

Yeah internals suck and some of the big alliances are going through ALOT, but thats just due to people not wanting to be part of the res shipping sim fest when they have spent the rest of the server fighting

WW starts in less than a month so here comes the "NOT" so fun part!!! Build your troops now guys and gals. Replace those towers with marketplaces and get those temples and resources maxed out!! Better max out your farm space now because those resources will be very very very precious soon.

The Barbs don't have any WW Islands that I know of. Maybe we do and i'm just too inept to find them. Guess we'll just do what we do best and improvise. On the plus side....we'll have the fastest troop rebuild speed in NYSA.

Disclaimer: These statements may or may not be representative of the entire alliance. Please direct any questions you may have to JP SPRINGER. He's our main spokesperson. No question will be left unanswered. In fact, I'm sure he'd be happy if you'd spam him with questions on any little concern on life that you have.

Wait what? I just replaced all of my towers with Oracles..... Was that not what I was meant to do???
I would ask JP but he never answers my calls anymore : (

Zarun-

Strategos
Yeah internals suck and some of the big alliances are going through ALOT, but thats just due to people not wanting to be part of the res shipping sim fest when they have spent the rest of the server fighting

Among other issues. Looks like people are ghosting?

DeletedUser31143

Well it sounds like you are in for a tough fight indeed, who are these alliances that surround you? Surely not NI!

We've been pacted with Ni since very early in the server.

Alliances surrounding us that are attacking us:
Vehemence
Black Dawn
TubOrg.
ANARCHY
League of Corinth
Impetum
I probably forgot one or two others

They're working in concert against us. No big thing; makes the game more interesting. I usually rack up mostly ABPs but got more DBPs in the last few days so the game's still not boring to me.

If you're in an alliance where the leadership pacts with every other alliance around you, you're not going to do much fighting. We only have 35 members but most of us like to fight so we don't have any pacts newer than May. The problem isn't the server; it's your leadership pacting with every alliance in your area. And an unwillingness to move to the fight. No one new's taken me up on my offer to fight me in O63/64; all of the attackers have been from the usual suspects. So it's a combination of leaders willing to pact with everyone and players too lazy to move to the fight.

DeletedUser

Im doubtful many are going to be willing to move over to the otherside of the world just to fight Riotdog when they have spent the rest of the server fighting and growing in their local for their alliance. Probably the reason nobody has taken you up on that offer.

I think the point people were making is that alliances have pacted with everybody around them from the beginning (your one of the pacts) so it forces others to pact with everybody around them too to try and level the odds. Then it just ends up with the ridiculous situation where massive alliances are asking other massive alliances for support when they should be competing against each other.

Anyway its livened up a bit for us too so I cant complain too much, the past week has been the most entertaining in ages. I have said before that you cant get a fair fight however hard you try and my point is proved where now its 35 of us fighting a much larger alliance of 160 with no allies to support us.

Thats Nysa, hardly anybody wants to fight unless the odds are overwhelmingly stacked in your favour.

DeletedUser22650

Im doubtful many are going to be willing to move over to the otherside of the world just to fight Riotdog when they have spent the rest of the server fighting and growing in their local for their alliance. Probably the reason nobody has taken you up on that offer.

I think the point people were making is that alliances have pacted with everybody around them from the beginning (your one of the pacts) so it forces others to pact with everybody around them too to try and level the odds. Then it just ends up with the ridiculous situation where massive alliances are asking other massive alliances for support when they should be competing against each other.

Anyway its livened up a bit for us too so I cant complain too much, the past week has been the most entertaining in ages. I have said before that you cant get a fair fight however hard you try and my point is proved where now its 35 of us fighting a much larger alliance of 160 with no allies to support us.

Thats Nysa, hardly anybody wants to fight unless the odds are overwhelmingly stacked in your favour.

not me, im happy at last, plus they need triple our numbers to make it fun when it was just us vs delos "elites" it was too easy :D

Zarun-

Strategos
I'd say Knights crumbling right as WW starts is interesting lol.

A bunch of them are jumping to hata.

phil/viv - any words from either one of you on this?

DeletedUser21953

I'd say Knights crumbling right as WW starts is interesting lol.

A bunch of them are jumping to hata.

phil/viv - any words from either one of you on this?

Just because of one bad apple doesn't mean there is a crumbling of an entire alliance. We have had basically no dram throughout the server and if people think it is better elsewhere, I have always encouraged them to go where the game would be more fun for them :).

As for this server being the most boring, I totally disagree and I am sure all our pact mates agree. There has never been one member in our alliance that has complained about the lack of red flags around their area and I tried my best to ensure that this would be the case throughout the server and I think I have been pretty successful with that.

The activities of the last few days just helped us really as it is now easier to narrow down the mole(s) so for that I am happy since it means that there will likely be epic battles throughout the WW era which often lacks. To rely on spies and individuals to win the server for you is not the best way to win a server and simply makes the game boring. Every OP on Fhir was leaked because of spies but they are being taken out one at a time and I am hoping that the game will be decided on the battlefield rather than PMs and some low life jumping ship just because they find it amusing to ruin the fun of en entire team... I see no honour in this method yet some put their money on it so we shall see how it goes :)

As far as the people complaining about the world being boring... blame your leaders for the pacts they chose to make since it is entirely their fault if you are bored and have to resort to building your pretty cities and just taking internals. I can't imagine how boring it must be for alliances such as MG or Delos who have basically pacted everything around them except NI.

We are having fun and will see this server through... mole or no mole :)

edit: Hope your girlfriend said sorry Zarun, wasn't very nice to play with your feelings like that. I am being honest when I say this btw.

DeletedUser33675

I almost fall asleep reading your essay Sponge, but then I saw this:
Every OP on Fhir was leaked because of spies but they are being taken out one at a time

I think that you don't know what are you saying.
Next time check your information before you will make fool of yourself (again.)

DeletedUser21953

I almost fall asleep reading your essay Sponge, but then I saw this:

I think that you don't know what are you saying.
Next time check your information before you will make fool of yourself (again.)

I least I post using my ign and have no issues making a fool out of myself if it makes my team happy :)

edit: As for the essay, most people do, you should see my MMs to the alliance or maybe you did already lol.

DeletedUser22940

good essay sponge
there will be a fight this WW era, this I promise.
Mole or no mole, I also do not agree with spy tactics, but they are a part of the game. There was a point (may still be occuring) that Knights had a mole in Hata for quite some time. We found it and applied some RAID. Either way, good alliances would be able to adapt, overcome, and still run a sucessful OP. I am sure you guys could figure this out.

I will say, however, that botting people from EN in other worlds to convince them to re-join NI here is a pretty bad bully tactic. You should be ashamed. Glad to see Kronn is back here and assuming some sort of leadership role though. Should strengthen you guys significantly.

On a final note, sincere or not, you should not be putting Z on blast like that. It's one thing if he wants to put himself on blast.....you should send him a PM