observation

DeletedUser

i just noticed that -Black Shadows- is still #12 ABP alliance :D

sorry, just thought is was quite a laugh and worth noting!

DeletedUser

The early days battling BS were very enjoyable for me, no doubt they were a force. It was non-stop with VRoK and there was a bit of a stalemate at times with both outfits successfully foiling many attempts by one another to take cities. Kadjayuni leader of The Deli really was instrumental IMO in liasing with other alliances to plot their downfall. The guy was a hive of information and also proved to be a very trustworthy ally too. I'd vote him as one of the most influential players Kappa has seen and yet he was only here for a short time in comparison with the many great players.

DeletedUser6156

Kappa has always been a world dominated by big alliances. Add this to the number of merges and -BS-'s dominance at the start of the world and you can understand why -BS- is still #12.

DeletedUser

i don't really know what kadj did since i was in -BS-, but from the inside it seemed like Dark was really the main thing that ended -BS-. they made it impossible to get a foothold in 44 and i think if we'd managed to settle in all of the oceans the disbanding might not have happened (or would've at least come at a later stage). as far as i can remember we were at least holding our own in every other core ocean, but with the fall of one branch it seemed like the best idea to break up and go more ocean specific -> Dominion and Chillax.

anyways, i though it was kinda cool to see that -BS- is still ranked #12 ABP even after it's rather short existance :D

DeletedUser

I'd have to look back over the *stats but as far as I can remember The Deli took a major chunk of BS cities. Obviously there were other alliances yes and I recall one of the Darks having great success too but if I am right Dark were two seperate entities initially before a merge?

* = It seemed that quite a few BS members were either kicked or left mid-conquer so to speak so the Stats actually do lie at first glance in some cases. (I personally took 3 BS members out in the initial encounters but the stats won't tell you that, I mentioned this to Kadjayuni and it became apparent that it was a bit of a trend, I believe he did some investigating and made an epic thread and youtube video regarding this :D)

I tip my hat to BS though, they really did take on all-comers.

DeletedUser

was a long time ago so i can't remember the finer details about how many cities were lost etc. (and kadj's thread was obv heavy propaganda) but yeah dark was defo 2 alliances at that time.

must say though, i don't think it's possible to have more fun in grepolis than i had during my time in -BS- :D

DeletedUser

I tip my hat to BS though, they really did take on all-comers.

Indeed. They were a force worthy of the combined concern of the greatest alliances in Kappa. A man's quality is determined by the quality of his enemies. Though that may be a bi-directional compliment, I think the initial -BS- geo-political state helped to shape the current powerhouses of Kappa.

Unfortunate that such a memorable alliance was called BS for short, though. They should have considered that when coming up with a name.