Observations from Sinope

DeletedUser41868

By far this has been the most interesting world in a while, based on the amount of ridiculous political drama/grandstanding we have seen. It doesn't necessarily make for fun game play, but it is interesting nonetheless. My original crew, Project Mayhem started between the two great behemoths, TUS and CS... geographically and friendship-wise closer to the former. Along the way we grew while other alliances fell - all the while somewhat under the radar.

We attacked top 5 alliances and took scores of cities from them and received counter attacks, but never lost a city. Not too bad, I must say. Meanwhile, guys like Erik and those responsible for mismanaging TUS made deal after deal... merged one food source after another... while we stayed neutral. Interestingly, guys like Erik... still considered us food for his minions...

TUS fell, and it was time to make a move, so we merged with Holy Mortis Empire, friends of ours since early in the world. Regardless of what the haters are saying now... HME served their coalition honorably, but got little in return... except an "offer" by erik to be merged into Black List.... yes, the Black List that is now a broken shell, with iconic and other leaders hiding under erik's apron. (By the way... I told both erik and iconic I knew this was going to happen... but they told me my team's opinion didn't matter, because we were food.)

That is the offer Mortis got from their supposed friends. So rather than take a terrible deal, they merged with real friends that wanted to work as partners... Project Mayhem... Out of good will we told Erik everything that was going on every step of the way, but he didn't like the plan since it was not his plan. We were attacked and otherwise disparaged by Black List, so we told erik (since he is their pappa), that we were ending the pact with BL and would be taking the fight to them soon. Black List, in their zeal... didn't wait long attack us en masse (in response to a trigger happy former teammate on our side). They actually found a few inactives and took a handful of cities. In retaliation we took 35 cities from them. LOL. Good thing we were the food. It could have really gotten ugly.

Though I do not know him well, I have had enough conversations with Erik at this point to know that he loves discussing honor, or more accurately he loves discussing the lack of honor found in his enemies. He hated TUS because they had no honor. He disparaged Chill because he "had no honor."

However, Erik then turned around and tried to get The Barbarians to merge in Black List - rather than have them fight Holy Mayhem. On the one hand, that was shrewd - because we have taken 35 cities from Black List over the past 3 or 4 days. And we did so while the Coming Soon alliances were defending Black List, in spite of officially keeping us green (which I sort of thought meant they would at least not defend against us).

Oon the other hand - it appears that Erik's honor is a somewhat malleable thing that enables him to build coalitions dedicated to defeating one side on the one hand - but then enables him without shame to ask those same people to take in his beloved Black List crew and save them from the alliance he once called food. And to keep our alliance green for his own political expediency - while defending against us in favor of Black List.

Now I hear Erik is leaving for a bit of VM, needs to clear his head and escape the silliness. Silliness that he created with all the ridiculous politics and merge mania that has ruled this world. Coalition building is dirty business I suppose - and it leaves those who immerse themselves in it a bit sullied and worn down over time. This is what happened to the original TUS coalition. I guess it shows that eventually these types of pyramid topples because the base is unsound. This whole sad affair with Black List, is proof of that.

So here we are. One super group long gone and another one exposed for being hypocritical, blowhards that are upset the world they created is no longer any fun. I feel so bad for them. Like I said, this is an interesting world to be in and maybe now it will actually become fun. Who knows, we may end up bogged down in coalitions once again. I hope not though. Our group's original intent has always been to win a crown for our teammates. We are in this for each other. (The whole WW thing is silly, I know - but it is what it is) We may or may not succeed in this endeavor, there are too many moving parts to know at this point. If we fail - it will not be because we were scared to fight and tried to hide like our enemies have done. And if we do succeed - it will not be along with 1,249 other people in a confederation of WalMart alliances.

DeletedUser39031

Possibly the most writing in a PnP, but least funny PnP I have ever seen :)

+rep

DeletedUser47344

Not a bad read... Alot a i agree with some i don't but over all worth a +rep

Have to say this world is the WORST world ever.... we are past the half way stage and the most fun i had was getting smashed on a 4-1 ratio. lol

Until the crown changes there is no honor in it.

DeletedUser

Can't comment on most of what was said in your post Chad but I can comment on this bit..

HME served their coalition honorably, but got little in return...

Total BS, when HME joined the coalition they got loads of support from all the participating alliances because they were incapable of defending themselves. And remember, I don't like the idea of the coalition so I've got no reason to defend them if they don't deserve it, but what you said was blatantly untrue.

destroxxi

Phrourach
Now I hear Erik is leaving for a bit of VM, needs to clear his head and escape the silliness. Silliness that he created with all the ridiculous politics and merge mania that has ruled this world. Coalition building is dirty business I suppose - and it leaves those who immerse themselves in it a bit sullied and worn down over time. This is what happened to the original TUS coalition. I guess it shows that eventually these types of pyramid topples because the base is unsound. This whole sad affair with Black List, is proof of that.

uh dude whoever is sending you facts is way off....

Ranga1

Strategos
Wow I never knew Erik was the Godfather of Sinope. Sounds like he is behind everymove ever made on this world, according to you anyway chad.

DeletedUser

you appear a lame miserable human Chad:)
Not a surprise Mungus freaked you hard:D

DeletedUser340

Careful guys, Tea wants to make sure his tongue stays safe in Erik ;)

DeletedUser41868

Oh now tea... if you think about, I gave Erik credit for making guys like you dance. As for mungus, his crew beat us by 2 hours in zacynthus. I will give him credit for not needing 800 people to help him do it. And regarding the godfather comment... I think it is pretty clear that erik has been calling the shots for several hundred players. Don't be so sensitive. It is not a good look for you.

Anyway, just remember that it is just a game.

Ranga1

Strategos
Its pretty clear you are paranoid if you think Erik is behind all the plays in this world, but if your referring to him calling the shots for coming soon/later/after then that's correct. But I think you give him too much credit :D

DeletedUser22517

OMG, Am i reading this right?The biggest losers in grepolis history are giving the mighty EN hard time.Chad i did not expected this mate, well done :)

DeletedUser41868

OMG, Am i reading this right?The biggest losers in grepolis history are giving the mighty EN hard time.Chad i did not expected this mate, well done :)

Don't sell yourself short mingus. you are quite the loser yourself... and I wouldn't have it any other way. And yes, you did expect it... ;)

DeletedUser41868

Its pretty clear you are paranoid if you think Erik is behind all the plays in this world, but if your referring to him calling the shots for coming soon/later/after then that's correct. But I think you give him too much credit :D

I am actually the opposite of paranoid. I have just been watching the goings on. CS has driven the goings on in half of this world from the start... pretty obvious actually.

DeletedUser

lol fungus.Chad is not yet at war with us,lol
If you care to read he and leolis have been busy to explain how did they sneak together with Chill,by hiding in one of the camps,and once x camp would fall(Chad's camp btw;)) they would merge in the alliance who would be in the winning camp:D
We saved his mate from rim,but this was little help for Chad-on the contrary,the fact that Chad did not hit his mate is sold as the biggest help:D
Now Chad wants refugee status,lol
Forgeting he was one himself just a few days before:D
Hiding the dagger while smiling and then using it against precisely those who saved them is called "normal":D
Are this your standarts Fungus?:D
And no,we are not EN Fungus,otherwise you would have to admit being rimmed from EN:D
Think better before writing:D

DeletedUser22517

lol fungus.Chad is not yet at war with us,lol
If you care to read he and leolis have been busy to explain how did they sneak together with Chill,by hiding in one of the camps,and once x camp would fall(Chad's camp btw;)) they would merge in the alliance who would be in the winning camp:D
We saved his mate from rim,but this was little help for Chad-on the contrary,the fact that Chad did not hit his mate is sold as the biggest help:D
Now Chad wants refugee status,lol
Forgeting he was one himself just a few days before:D
Hiding the dagger while smiling and then using it against precisely those who saved them is called "normal":D
Are this your standarts Fungus?:D
And no,we are not EN Fungus,otherwise you would have to admit being rimmed from EN:D
Think better before writing:D

I think you talk to much but not saying anything.What are you talking i can`t understand you?What kind of rimming you are imagining?
I have no clue what is going on here but 50+ cities is a lot for any alliance to lose my friend.I doubt my alliance lost that many cities in 4 years, you lost them in 1 day.And don`t say numbers are not on your side, you still have 300+ members only from CS teams, so that is enough for any decent alliance to defend.Stop crying and fight or hit the reset button and play some other game.

DeletedUser41868

I think you talk to much but not saying anything.What are you talking i can`t understand you?What kind of rimming you are imagining?
I have no clue what is going on here but 50+ cities is a lot for any alliance to lose my friend.I doubt my alliance lost that many cities in 4 years, you lost them in 1 day.And don`t say numbers are not on your side, you still have 300+ members only from CS teams, so that is enough for any decent alliance to defend.Stop crying and fight or hit the reset button and play some other game.

You know we are living in strange times when mungus and I are on the same page. As for the Tea-sipper guy. I was never a refuge you dope. Black List only managed to finally put me in revolt over 24 hours after we consolidated HME and Project Mayhem. And for all your talk... I think you guys lost more cities the past week that HME has lost in the history of this world . . . Aaaaand. you guys still have a heckuva lot of people on all those rosters. Good grief... don't rationalize man. It is not becoming.