Top 12 Of Delos

DeletedUser

LOL, I guess we should be happy we made it to the list. It will be interesting to see if things pan out as folks are predicting... After all history is full of instances where the masses, against all odds, rose up against the elite and took power (french revolution, american revolution, and so on). The key to a successful MRA is nurturing and growing your new players and keeping them active in the game. If you can build their loyalty to the game and the alliance and expand their skills they will follow you into battle and lead you to victory. At least that is our take on the situation (we will see if it works out). Please know I am not claiming this is a new strategy or claiming it as the only strategy or stating that all other strategies are worthless. Just that it is ours and we believe that with proper execution it can take us to victory.

I must say, I truly enjoy reading other players take on the status of the world/alliances and do feel that the different viewpoints provide valuable topics of discussion within our alliance!

I look forward to the upcoming months and all the action which is sure to take place in Delos!

P.S. It also helps to have many experienced players to coach and lead in such an alliance ;)

DeletedUser

LOL, I guess we should be happy we made it to the list. It will be interesting to see if things pan out as folks are predicting... After all history is full of instances where the masses, against all odds, rose up against the elite and took power (french revolution, american revolution, and so on). The key to a successful MRA is nurturing and growing your new players and keeping them active in the game. If you can build their loyalty to the game and the alliance and expand their skills they will follow you into battle and lead you to victory. At least that is our take on the situation (we will see if it works out). Please know I am not claiming this is a new strategy or claiming it as the only strategy or stating that all other strategies are worthless. Just that it is ours and we believe that with proper execution it can take us to victory.

I must say, I truly enjoy reading other players take on the status of the world/alliances and do feel that the different viewpoints provide valuable topics of discussion within our alliance!

I look forward to the upcoming months and all the action which is sure to take place in Delos!

P.S. It also helps to have many experienced players to coach and lead in such an alliance ;)
MRA's are not bad things as they do produce good players who will leave for greener pastures do to fact of many MRA's have horrible leadership. I prefer a alliance who is selective on membership with players who know whats going on and how to play as this world grows so too will the big fish and we all know that the big fish eat the minnows

DeletedUser

This thread is basically a snapshot of the world to date. There is no real way of knowing how things will turn out long term. Some alliances grow and develop, some dwindle. And players often leave due to RL commitments or issues. This game, to be truly successful at it anyways, can take up a lot of time.

In short, you're right pdjms1, anything is possible......

DeletedUser

Hey Marcofin,

It is obvious that a good amount of time, effort, and analysis went into your post and I am in no way trying to diminish or distract from the effort you put forth. You do make some predictive statements (which are fair and based on the data at hand). For instance you said you saw our alliance as being outclassed by some of the smaller alliances in our oceans. This may or may not happen but it will be interesting to see if we can overcome some of our short comings (every alliance has some) and show some class ourselves.

I read the postings as more like a sports commentator. We all know they could be wrong (someone can blow an ACL, etc) but we still enjoy seeing the rankings and getting one persons opinion. I agree that it is a snapshot and that anything can happen from here (for instance a week ago our alliance didn't see becoming number 4 as being a viable option.)

I think it would be very interesting to get a 3rd party review of the alliances since we are all human and will have a bias towards our strategies no matter how hard we try (because we wouldn't deploy our strategy if we didn't think it was the best).

Anyway, I really like this thread and think it is awesome that people put this kind of analysis into the game and look forward to us all competing. I should warn you all that I have done MLR models on previous worlds to see which factors have the largest Rsquared value for predicting success, so I am not just coming in blind ;). I also recognize sometimes numbers don't tell the whole story and you have to adjust to fit the world you are in.

I truly feel Delos will be an excellent world to participate in so long as the active and intelligent leaders/players that participate in this forum are a good sample population of the other leaders/players in the world.

Thanks,
Pdjms1

DeletedUser

@ pdjms1

Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy reading these posts as well. I think Pushty and Mosert have done an excellent job with their Top 12 lists in this thread so far. I myself actually never stated that anyone was outclassed by anyone else anywhere in this thread, you must have seen that in someone else's post. I was merely stating the fact that while these threads and posts and lists are fun for all to read and comment on, in 1 month, 2 months, 6 months from now the entire landscape of Delos will have changed 10 times, and many of these alliances and even players may not be here.

Having said this, great job on the alliance rankings and reviews guys! We all appreciate the time and effort they take to create, and we are looking forward to the next one!

DeletedUser

Ah, you are absolutely right Marcofin, it was Mosert that made that comment. Honestly, we were just happy to be in the reports lol. Sorry for the mix up. Really, I am having fun with the external posts and this has turned into much more than I originally intended. I have a tendency to come off very formal (darn private school) and that can seem like I am being more serious than I mean to be.

We are really looking forward to having fun and kicking butt and helping our partners kick butt as well.

Thanks,
Pdjms1

DeletedUser3300

Not sure I'd rate Lords Of War too highly yet. Yes, they're 9th in the abp ranking just now, but of their 161 abp, 120 of them belong to mathchew90. That leaves the other 52 members with an average of less than 0.8 abp each.

I hope for their sake things get better because if too many people notice that they may find themselves targets when harbours are up and running. And if mathchew90 notices he might wonder what he's doing carrying them all.

DeletedUser

pdj, I have seen alliances like yours on many worlds and have seen that they breed some great players, but being spread thinly across 4 oceans is not a good way to create a solid player base. The players that are top players will be a long way away from each other giving smaller, more compact, better communicating (all larger alliances communicate worse, fact of grepo) alliances the upper hand. Also, I feel like an alliance based right next to the core with a good few of it's members out of BP should have a higher average than my central o66, day away from BP ending alliance. That being said I have been wrong about alliance's outlooks several times and this may be one of those times.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

marco, I have seen alliances like yours on many worlds and have seen that they breed some great players, but being spread thinly across 4 oceans is not a good way to create a solid player base. The players that are top players will be a long way away from each other giving smaller, more compact, better communicating (all larger alliances communicate worse, fact of grepo) alliances the upper hand. Also, I feel like an alliance based right next to the core with a good few of it's members out of BP should have a higher average than my central o66, day away from BP ending alliance. That being said I have been wrong about alliance's outlooks several times and this may be one of those times.

I am marco, is this directed at me or another marco? Sorry, don't understand what you are referring to here.

DeletedUser

@Marcofin... Don't you just love being confused for someone else not just once but twice! lol.

@Mosert, communication is one of our Opportunities in the SWOT analysis we completed yesterday. We are hoping that we have come up with a solution which will maintain communication within our alliance. (In the spirit of looking for your opinion and not arguing) Isn't there some value to having 40 Active players and 30 or so on-&-off players vs. just having 40 active players...? I know having less active players on your alliance will bring down your average and could lead to you losing a few of your smaller cities but I am not quite sure that puts you at a disadvantage. I would agree that it provides other alliances they opportunity to pick off some of the smaller players (if they dare lol) but we would still have our core of 40 or so players who would put up a fight for the alliance.

Anyway, I respect your opinion since it is obvious you put some thought behind your posts and that is why I am enjoying the dialog. Ultimately, we will all see in the game who will come out victorious and I suspect all of us will have slightly different strategies (or vastly) towards the end of the world.

DeletedUser

My problem with that is that partialy active players drain support and make your good players weaker. Furthermore, because the alliance is so spread out, the good players will have to bridge 10+ hr gaps to defend another good player. That is just my thought though.

DeletedUser

Some valid points, unless we have measures in place to account for that ;)

DeletedUser

pdj, I have seen alliances like yours on many worlds and have seen that they breed some great players, but being spread thinly across 4 oceans is not a good way to create a solid player base. The players that are top players will be a long way away from each other giving smaller, more compact, better communicating (all larger alliances communicate worse, fact of grepo) alliances the upper hand. Also, I feel like an alliance based right next to the core with a good few of it's members out of BP should have a higher average than my central o66, day away from BP ending alliance. That being said I have been wrong about alliance's outlooks several times and this may be one of those times.

I have to disagree with what is said here- In Marathon (Unit speed 3-90 alliance cap) The top alliance is in control of 6 oceans- When I founded DreadFleet (1st place until merged with 2nd place) I had recruited from both O65 & O66 at the same time & we were able to control both oceans in the matter of a month & a half.

After that we spread across 4 other oceans then merged to control the core. Now we are the top alliance well ahead of everyone in BP & pts. spreading out is not always a bad option if you do it right & use good politics.

DeletedUser1405

Is this not a thread about the top 12 alliances, no one has offered anything for a while.

DeletedUser

mattr, yes that happens in Theta my alliance controlled the entire south east fourth of the world, the difference is that players are at one city and can't be spread throughout the alliance. later on when players have 20+ cities they can spread themselves through an entire ocean.

back to top 12 alliances only LD and ER are any good. I see the rest merging or disbanding.

DeletedUser

mattr, yes that happens in Theta my alliance controlled the entire south east fourth of the world, the difference is that players are at one city and can't be spread throughout the alliance. later on when players have 20+ cities they can spread themselves through an entire ocean.

back to top 12 alliances only LD and ER are any good. I see the rest merging or disbanding.

ooh good call. I predict the merge of all merges coming on