Top 12 Of Delos

DeletedUser

I enjoyed reading that. Hopefully you'll make another one after BP to see if your predictions were right or if they've changed.

DeletedUser

I joined late so I am way out on the rim and made my own cute little alliance and found a friend of mine form Theta here so I would like to think we will win o66, but it is still a long time until we reach conquest or even get out of BP.

DeletedUser

they are doomed to fail. i have talked to at least 20 alliances all have said something along this border line, "We may not directly communicate with your alliance on the war with Evos but they are an enemy that we will take down." though some have agreed to share the forum to communicate to destroy them. some are extremely good alliances.

No, it's far too early to say. For all we know, they may be going to shed 200 members after BP and become a strong alliance. The future is not made of assumptions. They have made a lot of enemies and it is likely that, as a tribe, they will not hold together - words to this effect were in my review - but you can't expect to get rid of every single player.

can i ask who we should recruit. we are not going to take away from alliances yet but soon agree that we will have to. with our relationships within the ocean we KNOW we will be there long term. maybe not in the top spots but a top contender for those who wish to come to 054 through the north. the players we are talking to that we want have agreed that we are one of the best alliances that have messaged them and will definitely join us maybe in a week.

If you look at the world map, O44, O45 and O54 are all tiny in comparison to the 3-and-a-bit ocean south-east. In fact, it's so bad that I wonder whether anyone can prosper in the afflicted directions. Who you decide to recruit is your call, as a founder, and not my business. All I know is that you're in a position currently, where if a single member decides to quit, you'll take a huge hit to your power base.

DeletedUser

"My Prediction: Could do very well in their area, with their only threats being Lacking Diplomacy and For The Buzz. Their small size may make them prospective merging material in the long-run, if they are unable to obtain more quality members."

Interesting read and prediction Pushty. Although FTB are in a completely different ocean to us and I think their fight will have no bearing on our path (but we shall see). I agree about LD though but again we will have to see how the game pans out.
I would like to recruit a couple more members but its not a major concern of mine just yet. We have just over 30 experienced guys/girls and that's enough I think to hold our own, just as long as they dont lag behind. Its going to be important that they gain conquest with the chasing pack so they can push forward getting their 2nd and 3rd cities. And once that happens its pretty much game on.

DeletedUser

My reasoning behind mentioning FTB was that there is little space to grow in the north, so they are likely to come down into O55 eventually, or try, anyway.

Your alliance shows promise, earlier I had dismissed you as a typical small alliance who would dissolve as bigger alliances became available. However, I'm sure your largely good members can feed off Myrmidons in the early game and hopefully establish a stronghold for yourselves.

DeletedUser32496

I personally like exploro alliance because it seems like a good alliance too keep all options on the table. Its clear you have good leadership you may not have some of the well known players but sometimes too many egos can break alliances before the leadership can do anything about it.

Also their alliance would be a great ally for any alliance which is always handy to have since you can't always do it on your own. They may not be the best but i would bet they will stay around the top 12 for along time.

DeletedUser31161

If you look at the world map, O44, O45 and O54 are all tiny in comparison to the 3-and-a-bit ocean south-east. In fact, it's so bad that I wonder whether anyone can prosper in the afflicted directions. Who you decide to recruit is your call, as a founder, and not my business. All I know is that you're in a position currently, where if a single member decides to quit, you'll take a huge hit to your power base.

But we wont because every single member we got joined because his expierence taught him we would suckseed

DeletedUser

MrP, please, retire from your opinions and throw some facts out there. Experience is subjective and is by no means an indication of things to come, even the strongest players can be shredded to pieces under the necessary pressure. BP will tell, but I can tell you now, if any of your local MRAs can so much as organise a single OP, you would be too fragile to withstand it.

DeletedUser

I have to agree with Pushty here, experience means nothing more than the fact that you know how to play the game. If a player were to become a primary target for a very active alliance determined to rim said player, it would be tough for even the most experienced to survive.

I myself have experience on 2 previous worlds in top alliances, and have fought many alliance-wide wars. Does this mean I expect to succeed in Delos?? Absolutely not! I merely bring my experience to this world and do the best I can. Players, alliances, location and settings are different in every world, and amount of time spent ingame can vary from time to time as well. All of these things can factor in to the degree of success one has.

DeletedUser

If you feel there is a post I have missed that needs to be dealt with, please report it. Don't use the threads as a discussion about whether or nor something deserves to be punished.

Thanks
chrss2128

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29066

I just did a quick glance at the Top 20 Alliances in Delos .. and it was remarkable mostly for what I did not see there ... For The Buzz(ard) did not make it, just missing out at #21. What is this world coming to? It's senses, perhaps.

DeletedUser

Long time reader, first time poster... I agree it would be interesting to get an updated take on the alliances as there has been a lot of movement in the last week (as can be expected at this point in the game)

DeletedUser

1) EVOLUTION OF D3TH - First in points, second in ABP and first in DBP gives me the impression that many of their players are noobs, but if these players where trained by who they claim to be trained by I would say that they may be the one MRA to make it in this world.

2) Occupy- An MRA lead by a player that has been a founder of other unsuccessful MRAs on older worlds. They won't make it.

3) Myrmidons- Myrmidons again? Really? on how many worlds must they be put down? MRA that will only FALL.

4) Lacking Diplomacy- The top dog. 1st in ABP and highest average. Plus they have nod :p

5) RedRuM- spread across the southeast mid-zone (between the rim and core) I see them being out classed by the smaller allinces around them (hopefully mine!!) and LD. Plus they have a lower average then my o66 alliance.

6) Brotherhood- yet another grepo-cliche. How many times must we destroy Brotherhood? Even worse average than RR. Don't expect them to make an impact.

7) Wolfpack - This world and it's noob names drives me CRAZY!!! They don't even have a 500 point average. MRA.

8) Special Dragon Forces- this alliance noticed when I broke into the top 5 players in my ocean, so they sent me an invite with no message. I had in my profile that I am a grepo-vet. their leader obviously doesn't know grepo-protocol so I sent him this nice little message "You know, sending invites without a message is bad form. especially to the founder of an alliance who is fourth in his ocean. I would like to help you by pointing out that you should try to contact players before inviting them." He didn't respond. With this terrible recruiting form and poor average (again lower than mine) I see them getting swallowed by better alliances.

9) Greek Empire- decent average and number of players. I could see them surviving in this world.

10) Hellfire- See above

11) Aurora- 5th attackers with only 36 members shows good aggression. I see this alliance rising soon and quickly.

12) Lords of War- not a horrible average and an okay amount of players, this alliance could either flourish or get creamed, look for their diplomacy to set them apart.

Honorable mentions: Exiled Renegades, HORDE, and Shadow Hunters

Last edited by a moderator: