Newspaper of Thebes

DeletedUser41652

Thebes
News of the World

Good Evening To All Thebes Forum Goes & Players.
Each month,
I will be doing a newspaper bringing all the Gossip and Interviews.
Of our current Top12 and Upcoming Alliances.

Lets get an insight of what is going on?
This months addiction has some Exclusive Interviews.
With four founder of the Top12 Alliances.
Each of the four founder where all asked the same questions.

Founders Interviewed.

1) DreadFleet - mattr130.
2) A Team - Xwing Pilot.
3) Condemned - AmmonJerro.
4) Depraved Tendencies - DeathwishX13.

Interview 1: - DreadFleet - mattr130.

Q1. Why did you start your alliance/where did you guys come from?

Answer
I have always liked leading alliances in grepolis, never just wanted to play- so DreadFleet comes from Athens where we were in the top 10 for a short amount of time until merging and then marathon where we controlled the world for 8-9 months until dying from activity, I then created the pre-made for this world and got some of the old guys to come with me.

Q2. Who do you see as your alliances main competition in the next months or so?

Answer
A-Team will be our competition for now, but I don't think the war will last long with them, they aren't living up to their points, just seem to be good simmers honestly, We also defeated one of their CS's recently and are expecting to defeat many more soon.

Q3. Which alliance has impressed you the most so far? Not counting your own alliance of course?

Answer
Depraved Tendencies probably impressed me the most, coming up from behind and becoming a real power, they didn't seem very strong from the get-go but are really shaping up, congrats guys.

Q4. What are your future plans for Thebes?

Answer
Future plan for thebes lets see... Thebes World Winners: DreadFleet, no but this is the goal of probably every alliance here, if you don't win you lose.

Last Question..

Q5. Do you have anything you would like to share with all of Thebes?

Answer
Goodluck thebes and have fun playing, as for A-team, your -reps on the externals are about as strong as your attacks. :)
Interview 2: - A Team - Xwing Pilot.

Answer
The A Team was formed with the goal of bringing together a group of the top players on the .US servers. Though many of us are still enemies, we have a lot of respect for each others skills, tactics, and teamwork. Since we are all respected players over there, we wanted to try a server with more competitive settings and more competitive players. Thebes is something of a proving grounds for us, and I hope it proves to be as exciting as we expected.

Answer
As an experienced alliance leader, I know better than to expose our goals or enemies. I also know how quickly things can change in this game so I won't be one to judge too soon. That being said, I have seen some very early successes on the server which have shown me that there will be many great battles to be fought in the future. The players and alliances that are able to stick around beyond the time you stated are my biggest competition. Typically, the top players and alliances don't even emerge until after then anyway. So, for the mean time, our biggest competition is real life.

Q3. Which alliance has impressed you the most so far? Not counting your own alliance of course?

Answer
By far, I am personally most impressed by the alliance Lacking Sanity. Currently they are ranked 62 for points with only 14 players but they hold the number 3 alliance attackers rank and are 5th in overall fighters. They are doing some great damage over in o44 and it doesn't appear to be the result of big gold spending. Hats off to these players. Hopefully they can keep up that pace and we will meet on the o44/o45 border for some great action.

Answer
From day 1 until the end of the server, our plan will always be to set ourselves up with enough of an advantage to win the wonder race. But, that doesn't mean we won't enjoy every step of our way there.

Last Question..

Answer
I would just like to wish everyone luck in all the upcoming battles, but not as much luck as us of course! Hopefully we can all show respect, even if it is as enemies. Remember that it's just a game. So, let's all keep it fun and enjoyable.
Interview 3: - Condemned - AmmonJerro.

Answer
We made the Alliance because we thought it in our best interests to try the new Thebes world that was of relatively fast speed and thought it would be fun to have a small strong alliance of 35 players. We also have a few real life friends so that we can co-ordinate much easier and make online offline times harder for other alliances to find out.

Our players come from Gamma, Oropos, Bellepheron, Xi, Corinth. So we come from many different worlds, though heavily based around the Oropos world.

Answer
Kallistei, Without a doubt. There battle points are amazing, and there leadership style is SOLID. they are the only threat we forsee in the next few months as we expect them to win there war with Depraved Tendancies and BOOM.

Answer
Hmm, a tough one because 2 of them have sparked my interest, the more interesting would have to be A Team, they conquered early, and mass took over an island, they must have a plan, or something up there sleeve, i am eager to find out what. It would however, seem that they have taken the defensive side in the war.

Answer
Well, as you all have probably noticed, we plan to lay low and slowly but swiftly take over O54 before making any rash decisions, at this point, I am unable to share any type of plan since we are still deciding where to go. However, we expect to be on Thebes for a long time hopefully

Last Question..

Answer
I would just like to say good luck to everyone, and i hope to one day earn a crown and be a victor of a world.
Last But at Least..

Interview 4:- Depraved Tendencies - DeathwishX13.

Answer
I started Depraved Tendencies because the settings here in world Thebes were irresistible. We come from all over the place, different worlds for many of us. The largest faction comes from world Sigma where we met and played in different alliances.

Answer
Obviously the biggest competition in the world right now is Kallistei and it just so happens they are located right next to us. As far as longevity and a couple months time is concerned, we aren't getting into that right now. We have a sole target to focus on and are not looking past them or any further in the future.

Answer
Honestly? Not a single alliance here has exceeded my expectations for them. I would slot A-Team here until the colonization day they had before BP ended.. Nobody sticks out to me though.

Answer
Create a core of islands and start fortifying it. We have no set direction in terms of expansion at this time. Solidify the immediate surrounding territory and go from there.

Last Question..

Answer
Be afraid, be very very afraid. Oh, and have fun ;)

In Other News.

Lacking Sanity - An alliance with only 14 members and 3rd in Alliance Attack Battle Points.

Full Credit To Your Alliance.
Untitled.jpg

Special Thanks, To all founder that have made the newspaper Possible. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Pretty good, but I would reccomend for the future maybe tayloring your questions to certain alliances instead of asking them all the same generic questions. For example maybe ask a team something like, much has been made about your colonizing islands, what do you have to say to the naysayers or for condemned maybe something like you have been called an mra because of your academies to some, what do you have to say about that.

Anyway good start though mate. Keep em coming

Sidenote: I was not insulting any alliances, just giving him examples of question, so please dont get all butt hurt about it.

DeletedUser

No Kalli interview, - rep

Kidding Kidding :p

Not a bad job.

DeletedUser34939

@bend - that would be more interesting but depending on the questions asked you might not get many answers. I'm assuming most alliances with decent leadership won't be jumping at the chance to explain why they appear to be massing on alliance XX's border and what not.

DeletedUser

Been playing for long, and only now I realize (after checking grepostats) that US worlds exist. I always thought they were the EN. worlds with just another name :eek:
Good post, I hope in the next edition you can go in deep on the Kall-DT soap opera...

DeletedUser30490

Good read :)
But I agree with bend try asking different questions from the leaders instead of asking them all the same questions.
Anyways looking forward for the nest one