Offer issue extra gold extra price 25% Hike

DeletedUser37948

Is it just the UK that has had A 25% rise in the price of gold ? was £60 now £75

im sorry but to play competitively you need gold and even if you join every world to trade gold you still need to pay to play if you want to be a top 50 player.

Grepolis is no longer affordable so my current world is in WW after that i will say farewell

joined MU 2010 as first son of zeus
finished 2017 as Grepo Hero

DeletedUser2595

Last time there was a pricing change it was announced on the forum. No announcement this time - finding this to be a pretty underhand tactic by Inno. Increase in price not even worth the extra ingredients you get for the event.

DeletedUser2595

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't normal business practice to announce a significant change BEFORE said change occurs? Was a bit of a shock to check in and see a sudden 25% price hike.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Pricing changes are usually announced for our games on the day of the change. Also to be noted I believe this is the first adjustment in roughly a year, even longer depending on your region.

DeletedUser37948

Here is my guess based on US still having the same prices
Due to the drop in the pounds value we have had to raise prices

its an internet game so there is no effect except on the bottom line!

There is no excuse for a 25% price rise it is despicable if it was not for the fact i owe my team a debt of duty i would quit today!

XxDarkOdinxX

Phrourach
hahaha, the announcement for this was great "to keep ensuring quality" They should do this regardless of money income.

Man, the price change is just completely silly haha. So many people are going to leave now because of it. smart marketing Inno (sarcasm). Good thing I don't spend anything more than maybe $10 at the most, even then, that's once in a blue moon.

DeletedUser49162

I've never spent anything on it because I can't really so in a way it's almost good for me in that it might stop others having big advantages over me haha. I'm not saying that it's wrong to use gold and it is bad to put up the price like that

Ranga1

Strategos
from Baudin's post:

We want to assure you that these changes will enable us to continue delivering high quality game content, regular updates and safe, stable gaming environment.

The game is very stable, except when war is on, full scale world wide war in a war game makes this war game defecate itself! Fix that part Inno from your price hikes, then you will make people happy.

DeletedUser22517

We want to assure you that these changes will enable us to continue delivering high quality game content, regular updates and safe, stable gaming environment.

Work on new game servers and new end game then.You know those two are connected and without new faster servers grepo can`t have new end game.I can play every single game on ultra settings and have 20 programs running in the back also but when i play grepo and i am under attack i must turn off everything else off, looks like 32 GB RAM is not enough for a browser game.You call that stable gaming environment and high quality game.Don`t make me laugh, please

DeletedUser54495

Lol, I feel sorry for the game developers.

Gold is too easy to get!! The community says. It was way better when it wasn't necessary to win!

Now after update:

Gold is way too expensive. Inno is just moneygrabbing. They have made it too hard for me to get

what I say: Isn't that making it less easy to get and fulfilling what you asked before?

(not that I am doubting they are moneygrabberswe all know they are).

DeletedUser37948

I cant see grepolis getting 25% better and no one in the real world gets 25% pay increases

greed deserves to be rewarded its due and it normally is
smiley_emoticons_kolobok-sanduhr.gif

DeletedUser46395

Pricing changes are usually announced for our games on the day of the change. Also to be noted I believe this is the first adjustment in roughly a year, even longer depending on your region.

And that justifies a 25% increase exactly how, Baudin?

If Inno want to close the game down, so be it, but it would surely be a better business model to just announce that rather than infuriate their customers this way.

DeletedUser

Well innogames you have received my reply to your money grabbing tactics, I will finish the world I am on now unless of course you ban me before hand for sending you a ticket.
A 25% hike in the prices of gold is way out of order, you never even thought to putting the amount of gold up.
You put the prices up before and reduced the amount of gold you received for spending the money, and you give excuses to make the game a higher quality than it is..
To be honest it was a higher quality game a few years ago, at least it was a strategy game then.
Now it is all about how much money you can spend.
You even put the cost of speeding up buildings and units up the last time you increased the prices, whilst reducing the amount of gold bought at the same time.
Every upgrade or update you do makes the game worse than it was previously.
So I will say goodbye InnoGames enjoy your millions you are making, and I am sure you are laughing your heads off all the way to the bank

bertie1969

Phrourach
this recent price hike and they try saying its to develope the game this game was much better 5 years ago and it was alot cheaper to play then with gold

when i started this game 6 years ago they were going to change the end game and guess what still the same end game and also theres been no improvements to the game in that time either just changes to make the game worse and alot slower

so i wont be buying anymore gold and after current world finishes i will quitting all inno games

DeletedUser48256

If only Inno listened to their community, what a game this could have been. Instead of what we want they spend their time working on monthly events and farming village revamps. I have yet to find a browser game I enjoy as much as Grepolis but with that enjoyment fading every update they release it won't be long.

DeletedUser41523

this recent price hike and they try saying its to develope the game this game was much better 5 years ago and it was alot cheaper to play then with gold

when i started this game 6 years ago they were going to change the end game and guess what still the same end game and also theres been no improvements to the game in that time either just changes to make the game worse and alot slower

I get the frustration because yeah this random increase is terrible. But I don't think every update over the past 6 years has made the game worse. Heroes were a nice touch, quests made the second generation farming villages pretty good, the new battle points villages isn't a bad update either, links made it easier to build a core which is pretty convenient for premade alliances, the new vacation mode for WW update will be a positive game change because now nobody can VM to prevent the crown, gold trading pretty much bypasses the need to even buy gold, and considering that good settings tend to be a lot rarer, you can get all the gold you need by the time your desired world comes out. I don't see how the game got slower. It still takes about 5 days on a 2 conq world to get conquest with just moderate gold use. It'll take about 7-8 if you use the 3k gold package. And probably about 14-18 if you just use advisors. It used to take about a month in old school worlds. Just simply on the grounds that it used to take about 2-4 days to get properly farming. I miss old school as much as you, trust me, some of my favorite grepo memories come from worlds like Theta and Omicron and the friends/enemies I made there. But not all the updates Inno has thrown our way have been bad.

bertie1969

Phrourach
there has been a couple of nice little changes but most of them has made the game play worse over the last few years but now they are asking us to pay more for for bad updates that dont make the gameplay any better with out any indication of whats coming so i suspect nothing of great use

maybe if there was good features planned and good updates planned they people might be willing

DeletedUser42565

Iv'e been away a few day's and there are new price rises on a free to play game, I don't think I need say anything else.