Official Statement From Innogames

DeletedUser41523

Lets hear the thoughts on this one.

Statement:
4Fj0lsl.png

Original Post:

Your friendly newsroom Smilodon.

DeletedUser

Randomly chosen players, that could stock up on overpowered buffs as long as they spent enough gold. Because the buff gift wasn't random, but the player was. So inherently it would've always overpowered someone versus others (randomly NOT chosen).. just as long as they spent enough gold.

But the sale worked as intended.. right?

Still nothing? Still no "we made a slight booboo"?

DeletedUser48886

But the sale worked as intended.. right?

Still nothing? Still no "we made a slight booboo"?

Yeah, the sale worked exactly how they wanted. Players that got the offer stocked up on the bp buffs, including buying multiple packs of gold across different worlds. Those that didn't get the bp buff didn't buy the gold as much and are mad about the unfairness. So now we have players that have bp buffs and all kind of gold to keep building troops.

And no, InnoGames won't admit they messed up here. They will not give the bp buffs to those that did not receive the offer, nor will they take them away from players that bought the buffs.

My thoughts on the statement is that it is just a lot of business talk to make us feel "good" that they are trying to change the game but it still doesn't fix what was done with this bundle fiasco.

DeletedUser39822

The intention of the sale was to see which package would sell better.......and now they know. It wasn't given as a reward to the community, it was a marketing test for financial gain. No apologies whatsoever for testing this on pre-existing worlds and upsetting a balance that took months to achieve.

DeletedUser

Yeah, the sale worked exactly how they wanted. Players that got the offer stocked up on the bp buffs, including buying multiple packs of gold across different worlds. Those that didn't get the bp buff didn't buy the gold as much and are mad about the unfairness. So now we have players that have bp buffs and all kind of gold to keep building troops.

And no, InnoGames won't admit they messed up here. They will not give the bp buffs to those that did not receive the offer, nor will they take them away from players that bought the buffs.

My thoughts on the statement is that it is just a lot of business talk to make us feel "good" that they are trying to change the game but it still doesn't fix what was done with this bundle fiasco.

It's an extremely political statement, maybe Donald Trump can get Inno's communication manager now that he fired his campaign leader. They refuse to admit that they messed up and try to distract from the issue by listing vague "features" which are there for us, the customer. That's not what we're mad about.

I'm not even sure if the players chosen were that random.. there, I said it.

(And hey Tennbrew, if you remember me it's Wayward Jack)

DeletedUser23413

Only one word for Inno: IRRESPONSIBLE!
Your customers' money is not what you just test on and not even apologize when the test created a huge mess. Go fix it, we don't need such useless explanation like that. Be responsible with your customer's time and money!

DeletedUser

No apologies whatsoever for testing this on pre-existing worlds and upsetting a balance that took months to achieve.

It will 100% break the game in certain worlds. Resources are the most important asset in the game, and the more cities you have, the more you'll get - and thank to DS people who have it can harvest BP's for city slots and grow at an unprecedented rate. And those who didn't get the buff are left behind.

DeletedUser51759

It's an extremely political statement, maybe Donald Trump can get Inno's communication manager now that he fired his campaign leader. They refuse to admit that they messed up and try to distract from the issue by listing vague "features" which are there for us, the customer. That's not what we're mad about.

I'm not even sure if the players chosen were that random.. there, I said it.

(And hey Tennbrew, if you remember me it's Wayward Jack)

I stand behind the statement that there was no randomness in choosing who gets it !

150 %

DeletedUser22517

ABP DBP

1 The Syndicate 1991353 639961

2 Inactive Hunting Simmers 357593 796678

Have in mind their top defender in this time had divine sense

1 Radlick Inactive Hunting Simmers 353880 243398

Still don`t have a clue what have you done INNO?

Do you think any of those players from number 2 alliance will continue to buy gold after this???
You sold what 100 packages in our world(8k euros) and you ruined that server forever.No one will ever buy gold, those who got DS have their gold and the others(they should be the dumbest people on earth if they do).

So basically you are left to maintain a server with no income in the future.Your sales manager is amazing.

DeletedUser21625

but everyone *will* buy gold, because now we know that there might be a great random prize if we do. So the experiment worked completely as intended, to make buying gold into a game of chance, and the opportunity to get what is behind curtain #3.

Even the people who usually buy gold, but didn't that day, will be jumping at the chance to get an awesome prize.

Next time.

sounds like gambling to me.

DeletedUser

Pff,this guys are incredible milkers.
Check what they say-they will try in the future to avoid experiments with the players lol

To have given just one chance for bufs to random players is one thing but to give them unlimited chances to multiply buffs and create unlimited advantages is another and much more worse.
And not even a clear no,just a we will try lol

FlcoBlades

Phrourach
I am personally happy with the statement, not because I am a moderator, but because generally the Inno team doesn't go out of their way to issue statements that are clearly geared towards aiding our frustrations with them. In the past, we see the moderators and community managers scrambling to provide answers we don't really have, and Inno staying relatively silent through it all.

This is a good change in my opinion, and I'm happy to see that they are releasing the new non-premium event as well as prioritizing a new end game.

DeletedUser

The only good thing in this nasty affair though bro.
You are a very tiny fraction who "profit" out of this.
But your Inno bosses still have to explain how are the ordinary players going to counter Mungus who bought six packages and has 60 buffs:)
In theory Mungus can grow four times faster then any non profiter (counting as profiter those who can afford buying gold,not even talking about those who either do not use it or rely on trade).
Now grepo is lottery or skill?

DeletedUser23413

One idea to Inno, remove gold out of the game and:

- Pay to play worlds with all premium on but no gold. $20 a month they would have 2K-5K players a world meaning 40-100K a month, much more profitable than the current system. In average now, one competitive player buy less than 2 largest gold packs, about $150. They hardly have 20 players spending at that level, so I guess the revenue from 1 world today is probably only 7K-10K.

- Free worlds with advertisement: no gold and no premium (that to encourage people to opt for P2P worlds). Considering number of clicks people have to make, they would sell fairly good amount of ads. That will not be as profitable as the P2P worlds but they should still be able to support the operational work.

Otherwise, Grepo will be dying in less than next 10 worlds.

DeletedUser48096

At Innogames and Grepolis we are constantly testing new offers to tailor the best possible "solution" for our customers, and that is you

So you have no interest in actually improving the gaming experience for the players. You just simply want to find ways of making offers and deals that put money in your pockets?.... That right there in a nut shell is your problem inno....

Speaking as someone who specializes in the area of customer service I would add that if I was handed that statement as an employer I would screw it up and throw it away, Not only do you not even acknowledge you where wrong, but you make yourself look like clowns in your refusal to acknowledge that. Everyone knows they are being screwed by the supermarkets and the governments and etc.. But to pretty much come out and defecto admit that you have no intention of addressing the "customers" needs and wants is just terrible service and we as "customers" both demand and expect better from you..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser45577

Good lord. While it's semi nice to hear a moderator say this actually helps them, it is utterly meaningless and complete incompetence to any player of this game. Rarely does one get to read so much prattle and twaddle in one statement.
There is no apology here whatsoever. No offer of levelling the playing field nor an offer of compensation to those of us that actually bought gold that fateful day and yet were not deemed worthy to receive a multitude of buffs. Nope. What we do have and hear is a statement that goes as far to imply that it is our own fault because they told us a year ago they were going to change the packages offered "at some point in the future". Blame the customer. That's how to do it Inno.
It's our fault for thinking there would be "notice" of nonsense. It's our fault for thinking you cared about the game. It's our fault for thinking there may even be a solution. Yup. It's our fault.
All this letter does for me is drive home the point that this game is dying and going to die faster because of actions like this and reactions to them like that.
If one of my staff had placed that letter on my desk before sending it out to a customer that employee would be under scrutiny and their job in question as they would be exhibiting an inability to understand, relate to and serve a customer.

DeletedUser

Good lord. While it's semi nice to hear a moderator say this actually helps them, it is utterly meaningless and complete incompetence to any player of this game. Rarely does one get to read so much prattle and twaddle in one statement.
There is no apology here whatsoever. No offer of levelling the playing field nor an offer of compensation to those of us that actually bought gold that fateful day and yet were not deemed worthy to receive a multitude of buffs. Nope. What we do have and hear is a statement that goes as far to imply that it is our own fault because they told us a year ago they were going to change the packages offered "at some point in the future". Blame the customer. That's how to do it Inno.
It's our fault for thinking there would be "notice" of nonsense. It's our fault for thinking you cared about the game. It's our fault for thinking there may even be a solution. Yup. It's our fault.
All this letter does for me is drive home the point that this game is dying and going to die faster because of actions like this and reactions to them like that.
If one of my staff had placed that letter on my desk before sending it out to a customer that employee would be under scrutiny and their job in question as they would be exhibiting an inability to understand, relate to and serve a customer.

This.

I am going to finish Emp (for the friends I have made in Grepo) and after that I am done. I'm not going to bother with gold anymore, not even for the advisers. Why bother. TS will soon outnumber our firepower 20x1 anyway, with their 2 months worth of 4x BP.

DeletedUser48096

An illegal offer in the UK

I would also like to add and bring to the attention of all UK gamers that this offer was actually illegal offer in the UK under current United Kingdom trading laws. Specifically the Trades Description Act 1968 which regulates the advertising and promotions relating to sales.

Innogames violated this sales act in the fact that they failed to comply with this act when they failed to acknowledge the existence of additional rewards to all players when the offer was both advertised and sold and as a result the offer and promotion was illegal under United Kingdom trading laws.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trade_Descriptions_Act_1968

DeletedUser10962

The intention of the sale was to see which package would sell better.......and now they know. It wasn't given as a reward to the community, it was a marketing test for financial gain. No apologies whatsoever for testing this on pre-existing worlds and upsetting a balance that took months to achieve.

If they wanted to see which sold better couldn't they have just offered both to everyone and you could make your own choice as a player?

Please dont tell me you actually believe them about "prioritizing a new end game." They are liars. They have put that in their roadmap for years, and still aint done squat!
https://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?44456-Grepolis-Roadmap-2013

To be fair it went off the roadmap and is now back on. So they've proactively started thinking about it again for the first time since 2012......Still won't ever happen