Oh dear, what will you do about this Inno?

Aicy

Strategos
graph
graph

DeletedUser

After the 1.26 worlds were converted to 2.0 worlds they seem to have lost loads.

DeletedUser

As far as I remember it was indeed the update to 2.0 that caused a massive decrease in total page views, for whatever reason.

DeletedUser

Grepolis 2.0 is a different engine to 1.26, in 1.26 you had to reload a new page every time you clicked on an action. On 2.0 the actions open in tabs on the same page. Thats why those stats are so high before.

DeletedUser4013

Grepolis 2.0 is a different engine to 1.26, in 1.26 you had to reload a new page every time you clicked on an action. On 2.0 the actions open in tabs on the same page. Thats why those stats are so high before.

Exactly, Grepolis 2.0 doesn't require a new page to be opened each time you carry out an action, unlike 1.26 which opened a new page for each click. A decrease in page loads does not equate to a drop in player numbers, only less work for your browsers and less pages being cached.

DeletedUser

Because all the forum goers rage quit. Activity had been dropping anyway, so less refreshes I suppose.

DeletedUser

People move on, they play different games, join different forums. Don't think that Grepolis is the only game that has a dying/dead forum.

DeletedUser

Then why are the forums so incredibly dead?

because all the spammers/flamers are now mods... so they are not allowed to break their own rules...

though me an epik are making a good effort to resurrecting corinth :p

DeletedUser

well, most people now either play ingame or go on the forums. Not many people do both. And, since the hero-Worlds and World Wonders, it has been even harder to do both. That probably has something to do with the loss of forum activity.

These forums are way more organized than other games' forums so while it may look dead, they aren't actually as dead as other forums.

Letter?? What letter??
a prank

DeletedUser

I started playing this game in Nu whose forums have been dead for as long as i can remember so i've never really experienced an active forum :( Corinth was fun while i was there but when nickossa and owen quit it pretty much died. I do like epik's and kad's idea about smack talk though :)

P.S. i also believe one of the major causes of the death of the forum was the loss of so many of our smileys :p

DeletedUser

Maybe someone should call firelord, and tell him to come play again.
When the forums are dying,
Who ya goona call?
(not gostbusters this time)

DeletedUser

I started playing this game in Nu whose forums have been dead for as long as i can remember so i've never really experienced an active forum :( Corinth was fun while i was there but when nickossa and owen quit it pretty much died. I do like epik's and kad's idea about smack talk though :)

P.S. i also believe one of the major causes of the death of the forum was the loss of so many of our smileys :p

Look around at some of the old threads. You'll notice very few people use smilies. Look around now, the number of smilies seems to have gone up, if anything. Smilies=bad.

DeletedUser

Maybe someone should call firelord, and tell him to come play again.
When the forums are dying,
Who ya goona call?
(not gostbusters this time)

I think so people would except the fact he's banned kinda doesn't help. He came back on another account for like 10mins before getting banned again. At this rate, I don't see the forums getting any better.