Newspaper Oh The Mighty Unknown

DeletedUser

aww I missed you Sapphy, gonna be just like old times on Pella <3, except for no Tyrone </3

DeletedUser

Actually sap, I think it is more so people(players) feel they are superior and when they are shown otherwise they throw a tantrum. And it seems that is what gets attention. I just wonder why people are drawn to want to hear negative stuff. Not just in grepo, but RL as well. The media is full of soooo much negativity, and it seems to get the ratings:(

You know in reality we all are here to have fun. And if a player wants to brag on how he feels he is king grepo then I say hats off to you. I look at grepo as if it is chess. I play against my friends, I wanna win but we are still friends no matter who wins. So if you take my city then I say congrats to ya, well played:)

Here you've hit upon what's building the gap between generations - And when someone in her early 20's says that y'all should be worried about the effect it has on society.

But that's not what i'm saying here. What i'm saying is that we should encourage newbs. This doesn't have to be with support, it could just be a mail saying "don't give up" or a Silly little +rep to show them we aren't so scary.

If we have a group for n00bs, we should certainly have a support group for Newbs.

bend24 said:
aww I missed you Sapphy, gonna be just like old times on Pella <3, except for no Tyrone </3

Old times on Pella? Some of us haven't given up, even if RL is getting hectic. You might be interested to know that MOS and Lotta Mistici have inadvertently been working together to Rim a player - i took 2 of his cities myself. Good times eh?

DeletedUser

Old times on Pella? Some of us haven't given up, even if RL is getting hectic. You might be interested to know that MOS and Lotta Mistici have inadvertently been working together to Rim a player - i took 2 of his cities myself. Good times eh?
Yes you are right a silly game is much more important than real life :rolleyes: . You actually took an active players cities? Did you even do all the clearing yourself? If so wow that is a big step forward for you hooray for Sapphy :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No, They didn't tell him to stop messaging - but if it were in a school it would be something the bully would do - something along the lines of a smirk and give me your lunch money.

Sort of sad that we have so many people like this in Grep, and even more encouraging it.

I'm sorry but this statement is beyond ridiculous... This is Grepolis :pro:. When did this game become so full of pushovers?

I've been playing this game for close to four years and the level of play and PMs I get become more and more ridiculous as time progresses.

Do people not realize what Grepolis is? It is a world domination game. You can try to expand your personal empire or join an alliance and do it with many players. The kick about Grepo is, the only way you can steadfastly increase your ability to expand is to attack. Earn BP, support your allies, etc. That's the name of the game.

If someone only wants to decorate a nice city, join one of the non-conquer worlds, but don't join a world like Corinth and then moan about being attacked...

DeletedUser

didnt you get the hint when FOTNS closed the other thread. drop it man

DeletedUser

KingBee, before you go taking my comment out of context....look me up on grepostats and also read the rest of what has been posted.

I stand by my comment - if you stamp out new blood there will be nothing new and nothing exciting. If it's really a war game then it would be better to raise a smart rival than to stamp them out and tell them war (grepolis) isn't for them as they have only just started.

You started off well - except you decided that he was a farm. You don't take a farm's city, you attack it frequently for the BP and for the resources. So, you should have advised him on defence against a siege or attacks on the CS or diplomacy seeing as the difference in size between The Unknown and him is ridiculous.

Something to think on.

DeletedUser26213

So, you should have advised him on defence against a siege or attacks on the CS or diplomacy seeing as the difference in size between The Unknown and him is ridiculous

OR, Bazlea could have joined Farsala or Edessa where he would be matched up against players of his own size

DeletedUser

If he knew about them. If he found an add and just saw a list of worlds he could pick from - and picked Corinth, then should he be blamed for being new - and also told he's not welcome on a world which was open for him to join? At no point in the sign up does Corinth state it is for "Veterans" only - it's still open for people to join.

DeletedUser

KingBee, before you go taking my comment out of context....look me up on grepostats and also read the rest of what has been posted.

I stand by my comment - if you stamp out new blood there will be nothing new and nothing exciting. If it's really a war game then it would be better to raise a smart rival than to stamp them out and tell them war (grepolis) isn't for them as they have only just started.

You started off well - except you decided that he was a farm. You don't take a farm's city, you attack it frequently for the BP and for the resources. So, you should have advised him on defence against a siege or attacks on the CS or diplomacy seeing as the difference in size between The Unknown and him is ridiculous.

Something to think on.

I'm sorry saph, but you've mistaken me for the player that actually attacked this "player". I don't particularly care about your grepostats or what have you tbh... I disagree with your analysis that codling noobs instead of playing the game as it's intended is beneficial. If a noob gets rimmed, he/she can chalk it up to learning. They can join a less intense world, delete and restart elsewhere in the same world, or seek out a better alliance of active players who will support them.

As to Baz and the other thread, it was closed because you started a duplicate thread on the same subject, which borders on advertising. You're lucky you didn't get an infraction...

DeletedUser

KingBee, the reason why the other thread was closed was clearly stated by fotns and it wasn't what you've said.

Also, did i say you attacked him? or that you should hold his hand? No. Instead of taking things out of context, read them and respond to content, or not at all.

There is a great deal of difference between someone who is a n00b, and someone who is new. I'll talk to you again when once you've learnt that.

DeletedUser

KingBee, the reason why the other thread was closed was clearly stated by fotns and it wasn't what you've said.

Also, did i say you attacked him? or that you should hold his hand? No. Instead of taking things out of context, read them and respond to content, or not at all.

There is a great deal of difference between someone who is a n00b, and someone who is new. I'll talk to you again when once you've learnt that.

Sorry, I thought you were inferring that I was personally treating him like a farm. Now that I re-read it, I see that you were just incorrect in the notion that I was calling him just a farm.

I know what a new person and a noob are. And Baz is both. He is small and defensless because he is new, and he is a noob because he commits to a strategy of being defensless and spouting off on a forum, denigrating a player, for his having been attacked.

And, another strike against your reading comprehension skills is your claim of why the other thread was closed. The mod that closed it just said "thread closed" without reason, then sided with my point that everyone is a target.

If you want to codle personalities that is fine by me, but don't expect others to agree with that notion, and don't expect others to sit idly when a new noob denigrates a player on a forum for having attacked him. It is essentially spam...

Have a grateful day!

Last edited by a moderator: