Ok my turn--"Running Riot" for speed 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser14786

I thought for a while I was going to quit Grepo, but seems I have too many friends to leave...:p

Running Riot!
A project for Speed 2​

Revolt/Conquest doesn't matter, I've played a lot of revolt worlds and I'm good at it, but I don't mind the challenge of a conquest world.
Alliance size is probably going to be around 40-50 people. Any larger and I can't get to know everybody. I don't care what the alliance cap is going to be; this is going to be a tight group. It is also possible that there will only be 25 of us, I've always liked small alliances.
Morale I have no preference about, as it doesn't really start affecting most people for the first couple months, and I don't know where I'll be then.
Unit Speed I would prefer at 2. Lambda always felt too slow to me, and I preferred Zeta's speed 2.
Direction is going to be NE in the core, O54. This is completely arbitrary at this point, so check this post again later in case I change my mind.
Goals-- I intend to create a tight alliance that is highly active and is a bit of a family. That is, it's going to be a highly social place that is fun. It's also going to be aggressive, as you can't have fun in grepolis without killing lots of stuff in my opinion.
Some background--this alliance is being founded by several highly experienced players from earlier servers. We have worked together and fought against each other, and have come together now to have the freedom to play our own game.

Why I feel I make a good leader:
From January-April 2011 in Zeta, I rose through the ranks of Shogun to eventually command 2 oceans. During this time Shogun became caught in a war and was losing badly in every ocean except the oceans I was in command of. When I became fed up with the leaders of Shogun in April I founded Four Knuckle Philosophy which turned a group of about 40 random players in 4 different oceans into a powerful fighting machine which at some point or other warred every active alliance that it bordered. Although the alliance was only active from April-August (when I left grepolis). We were constantly at war, and considered "elite" by multiple people. The alliance was loved by every member, and everybody is free to ask any former member of this to verify this information. F-KP at it's height was ranked #6 in points, #9 in bp I think.

Meanwhile, In November 2010 I joined Lambda under the Ituralde account (when it opened) and joined Semper Fidelis, which after 2 months attained the #2 alliance spot. I was a part of that alliance's leadership, and helped set up that alliance from infancy to the #2 spot. An entertaining thread about that particular alliance can be found here. In April 2011 I founded Beginnings on lambda, which became an experiment as I ran that alliance alongside F-KP, and got to test different leadership strategies in similar settings. Needless to say, Beginnings was a flop but I learned a lot from it about what works and what doesn't, and I learned some important lessons about trying to lead two alliances on different servers simultaneously. I later helped guide Knights of Freedom on lambda through a low point to the place it is now.

As a player, I eventually attained the #25 abp rank on Zeta without any gold (even though I started 3 months late). Some fun reports can be found here. In May I quit lambda, and some friends convinced me to come back as Tuza22. I played Tuza22 from June-August 18ish, and accrued I would estimate 500,000-600,000 bp in that time. I took a picture of my grepostats before I handed the account over here.
TuzaStats.png
The poor fool who I gave the account to quickly brought it past 1.2 million bp.
I also pulled off other crazy stunts like this:
Picture30.png
When KoF hit bottom on lambda, there were about 15 of us holding back a host about between 8-10 times our size, and there was a noticeable area on the world map where our enemies had to go around us because we were so good at defending ourselves.

Notable alliances I have been part of at some point:
DAFT (Zeta)
Four-Knuckle Philosophy (Zeta)
Semper Fidelis (Lambda)
The Marines (Lambda)
Knights of Freedom (Lambda)
Nemesis (Xi)
Nightmares of Elysium (Tau)
Eviction Notice (Rho)
-LV- (Phi)

Who I am looking for

I am looking for are players that work together. Running Riot! is based on cooperative attacking and defense, and our forum will be active with leaders that are visible and accessible. Members should be highly active. Whether or not they can be online 24/7, we're looking for people that aren't afraid to stare down the biggest guy in their ocean and punch them in the colon. While experience is a plus, a willingness to work hard, prove yourself, and learn if you have to is even more important. If I have to, I will teach you to be a great player. Great players that join but don't have time for this world and fall behind will be kicked. I'm looking for clever, intelligent, generally nice people who are highly aggressive and very social. If you're looking for an alliance that has a mature atmosphere and promotes teamwork, this is the alliance for you.

Alliance communication

Activity on the forum will be highly encouraged whether it is to defend your city or share a laugh. While not everybody will be required to use skype, we encourage you to chat to get to know everybody.

Contact Information

If this sounds interesting to you, feel free to either message me on skype or in-game, in the forums, or to just join the Northeast of the next speed 2 world that comes out (name to be determined). I won't be posting a list on here because I think that's silly, and I won't be making a blacklist either because that feels really cliquey and if somebody is a prick I will just kick them and our alliance can farm them. You are welcome to ask me who is part of this in a private message if you wish. In your application, if I don't know you please send me:

-A copy of your grepostats.com stats, or explain your previous experience in games similar to grepolis.
-A little bit about yourself, and why this alliance seems interesting to you.
-Are you responsibly aggressive?
-How many worlds do you currently play, and which ones?
-Any other information about yourself that feels relevant.
(I may add more if I think of something)

Running Riot! Soon at a polis near you.
-Ituralde

Disclaimer 1: The main purpose of this thread is to reach out to some people from former alliances that I've lost touch with over the months, in the hope they might come back to grepo if they see this. I've got a tight crew coming along already, and I'm spreading the word to add a few people to it.

Disclaimer 2: I will still do some recruitment in-game, as I'm old-fashioned and people can make all the claims about joining this now, but when the next speed 2 world comes out nobody really knows right now if they will be able to participate much.

Disclaimer 3: It is possible that somebody else I know will get a similar alliance organized before I do, in which case this entire thing is off.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4013

Wow! Quite possibly one of the best pre-made threads I have read in a good while. Best of luck should you get the world settings you're hoping for. :)

DeletedUser

Wow! Quite possibly one of the best pre-made threads I have read in a good while. Best of luck should you get the world settings you're hoping for. :)

yeah this thread is better than mine :(

DeletedUser14786

Thank you Tyrion, Owen and Arul! I appreciate your thoughts. :D

DeletedUser14786

Here we go!

Alright folks, Athens settings have been announced at speed 2, unit speed 2 so we're joining that world!

After some thought, we decided that we'd prefer to do less running and more rioting, so we're shortening the name of the alliance to simply Riot!

We're heading to O54, the Northeast. You can find me under the account "Tuza22" and you are welcome to apply in-game.

Abbacus

Phrourach
Great to see you back Itu. World settings look great so just waiting to find out when it opens. Liek the name of just 'Riot!'. Hopefully we can do just that!

DeletedUser

I'd like to throw my name in the hat for consideration. I'll contact you ingame after the world launches.

DeletedUser20429

this alliance sounds good I will think about joining you after the world opens but I don't know also EN (eviction notice) is a big pain now in Rho because we are trying to take them out

although we have stopped planning we will always think about attacking them

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.