Oktoberfest - how long will the gifts be available for after the event ends?

• Thread starter DeletedUser15953
  • Start date

DeletedUser

...and for those that this was their first event? Where does your point help us?

I TOTALLY agree there was a countdown for the event. Logically this does not mean that prizes are withdrawn. It means the objectives of the competition are to be fulfilled prior to time out. In no way did that timer say "you better claim your prizes or they are lost". The timer merely counted down. Wonderful for those that have the experience but for those that are new to the game, the general consensus seems to be it was a complete waste of time and the rules were not clear enough. The competition could end but why the barrel icon had to be removed so we cant claim the prizes seems unjustified.
This was not the first event that ended and disappeared when the countdown reached 0. The Easter event was very similar to this, where you couldn't get prizes once the event was over. While there were some complaints of not being able to get prizes after the event was over it seemed that most players knew they couldn't accept prizes once the event was over in that event. I can send a message to Richard to add to the announcement that you won't be able to accept prizes once the event is over for all future events. As far as I'm aware the Grepolympia event was the first and only event to have the shop stay open once the event was over. If you would like the shop to stay open after the event is over you can make a new suggestion in the forum.

DeletedUser32291

I think it has suprised the NEW players. Its just not standard and wasted our time. If we had known...

But never mind

DeletedUser32291

Yes really. It has wasted a lot of players time. No way was it suggested the 'prizes' would NOT be around after the event. But then you are an experienced player and would have a biased view point.

As there is NO constructive comments and Grepolis do not care, the new players that lost out can stick with the game or move on to something else which doesn't cost as much and has a friendlier feel to it. Valor customer support bend over backwards to help their customers and have a great community. Can't say I like it here that much.

Left the building...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No mate, it only wasted a few players.

The other players have learnt from past experience and from reading the Event Notice carefully that unless specified otherwise, the Event Prizes will close when the timer runs out.

Grepolis do care, they've just given you the opportunity to rake in some FREE gold, you decided you didn't want to take this opportunity, and you failed to rake in the free gold.

Other players who read the notices carefully, and who understood how the timer worked rakes in free gold.

Grepolis is definitely very uncaring... Handing out free gold for an event that wasn't in it's control, but which effected gameplay.

On behalf of the players who didn't fail to read notices carefully and who inferred that once the timer stops the prizes end (the vast majority of the players), I'd like to thank InnoGames for the event.

DeletedUser

Agree loved it more more

The other players have learnt from past experience and from reading the Event Notice carefully that unless specified otherwise, the Event Prizes will close when the timer runs out.

Grepolis do care, they've just given you the opportunity to rake in some FREE gold, you decided you didn't want to take this opportunity, and you failed to rake in the free gold.

Other players who read the notices carefully, and who understood how the timer worked rakes in free gold.

Grepolis is definitely very uncaring... Handing out free gold for an event that wasn't in it's control, but which effected gameplay.

On behalf of the players who didn't fail to read notices carefully and who inferred that once the timer stops the prizes end (the vast majority of the players), I'd like to thank InnoGames for the event.

lol took me a while to notice it then when I did I had fun with it, all I want to know is when is the next one

DeletedUser

lol took me a while to notice it then when I did I had fun with it, all I want to know is when is the next one

Lol, wait for next year's Octoberfest :p
It was a really useful feature! It helped me a lot, and it was a great idea :D

DeletedUser

It came as a result of severe server downtime.

Basically next time it snows in Belgium.

DeletedUser32291

You are a marketing departments dream.

To those that are not so Grepolis aware, read the small print as I'm sure we all do. You know where to find it right?

I'm not your mate. Sarcasm is not actually warranted and you are close to flaming. Not that you would be condemned for it. In your case you do not even use it very well and are quite boring.

On behalf of the players who lost prizes due to misconception with how competitions are expected to work (enough players that a few have commented to me personally) I'd like to thank WAVEBREAKER for sticking up for innogames in a real supportive and professional manner. No certain body part kissing involved at all.

Please do waste your time further and provide us with another entertaining post as you have such an incredible wit.

Sarcasm...maybe a little.

DeletedUser

On behalf of the players who gained prizes due to basic knowledge and understanding about how competitions work, I'd like to thank InnoGames for organising this unexpected and out of the blue competition.