Oktoberfest - how long will the gifts be available for after the event ends?

• Thread starter DeletedUser15953
  • Start date

DeletedUser15953

As per title ... will the gifts be available after the event ends, and if so, for how long?

Thanks and regards,

SR

DeletedUser

The gifts won't be available after the event is over.

DeletedUser30888

So all that work to brew and build up points resulted in too bad you waited too long? Really?

Even the Olympic games provided a grace period to cash out your points!

If the final answer is too bad, then that will be the last in-game activity for me. Poor decision on the games behalf!

~C4use

DeletedUser

It would have been good to know in advance. All my points are lost!!!

DeletedUser

It was a royal pain in the collecting all those amphoras - found the scroll function on the map terrible. And now the event is closed without cash in grace period?

What an awful waste of time - no opportunity to cash in them in after the event as per the Olympics - Grepolis make it right..

DeletedUser

Did anyone even collect any gold? I actually never made it to 4000 liters...only got to like 2600, towards the end it got kinda boring though.

DeletedUser30767

got 200 gold 4 days before the end of the fest!!!

DeletedUser32291

Competition winnings

It would have been good to know in advance. All my points are lost!!!

Agreed. It did not even occur to me that what you win would be taken away. That is not really how competitions work. When a competition ends, players should walk away with what they have won. I have never heard of a competition that ends and then the competition holders keep all the prizes...!

You posted this competition at world start. Many would not even have storage capacity to handle the winning amounts at the time they were won and therefore would not collect until capacity allowed.

Consider allowing the winnings to be made available as a lot of people put a LOT of effort into this only to be let down by an odd competition end policy. In my view anyway.

Certainly in agreement with C4use that I will not be entering in any more such competitions unless I know ALL the small print rules for it.

Actually hoping you do not post to many competitions as that really did take up to much time...can be viewed as a disadvantage to some.

DeletedUser29371

Agreed. It did not even occur to me that what you win would be taken away. That is not really how competitions work. When a competition ends, players should walk away with what they have won. I have never heard of a competition that ends and then the competition holders keep all the prizes...!

You posted this competition at world start. Many would not even have storage capacity to handle the winning amounts at the time they were won and therefore would not collect until capacity allowed.

Consider allowing the winnings to be made available as a lot of people put a LOT of effort into this only to be let down by an odd competition end policy. In my view anyway.

Certainly in agreement with C4use that I will not be entering in any more such competitions unless I know ALL the small print rules for it.

Actually hoping you do not post to many competitions as that really did take up to much time...can be viewed as a disadvantage to some.

Dude the TIMER was running out... by then the EVENT closes and is REMOVED... and cos events and rewards were in the SAME window it was only PLAIN obvious to everyone with more than 3 brain cells that rewards HAVE TO BE USED by the time timer reaches 00:00.== else they vanish....

If you win some pasta on local lottery you dont get to use it after 10 years ;) timer was weel known and seen and it is only yours and anyone elses mistake.

DeletedUser32291

The timer was for competition end. This is a discussion. Kindly keep your comments to the point and not be childishly abusive. No need. Your point about pasta has been ... noted. Thank you.

DeletedUser

I thought there would be time after the event to cash in your points .... just like they did with the olympic event. I didn't gain a single thing. What a waste of time.

DeletedUser

Dude the TIMER was running out... by then the EVENT closes and is REMOVED... and cos events and rewards were in the SAME window it was only PLAIN obvious to everyone with more than 3 brain cells that rewards HAVE TO BE USED by the time timer reaches 00:00.== else they vanish....

If you win some pasta on local lottery you dont get to use it after 10 years ;) timer was weel known and seen and it is only yours and anyone elses mistake.

The timer also ran out on the Olympics but we were still given time to cash in afterwards.

This competition encouraged the saving up until the end as the big prizes - heightened awareness/culture point/gold took longer to get.

With the Olympics you could cash in for decent prizes on a daily basis.

If you win any competition - or lottery as you put it - you are given time to claim it - not ten years but then Grepolis will hardly be around in 2022.

Any rational response or solution from a Grepolis official would be welcome.

DeletedUser303

It seems those of us who did not ask the question yesterday or see the forum yesterday missed out on the prizes as we were working towards them till the end.

Grepolis gained a lot of knowledge of who was prepared to mindlessly look accross a map for extended periods. By not giving time to take the prizes, which I confess I assumed were "added" to the account as I could not see how to take them, they have gained a load of discontented players who will not take part in the next games.

I suspect not the result they want, given apart from the Gold the prizes were in game and cost nothing.

DeletedUser

Just like Alcarin89 said, there was a countdown timer for the event. In grepolympia there were different countdown timers for the actual events (which lasted 7 days each) and for the grepolympia shop, which lasted 7 days after the competition ended. Once the event countdowns reached 0:00 the event was over and once the grepolympia shop reached 0:00 the shop was closed and the event disappeared.

DeletedUser

I did not see anywhere in the event saying that if we do not claim the prizes that we would lose them when the event ends. They should have made that clear as to what happens to prizes we've earned but not claimed. Innogames should make it right for everyone, or at least giving us 3 days to a week after the event ends to claim all prizes.

DeletedUser

What a lame game, no information about game end, inept moderators, no point staying with such pathetic organization.

DeletedUser

Would seem that Innogames pulled it because they didn't want people cashing in for gold and causing loss of revenue.

Personally I was aiming for the heightened awareness bonus which I reckon I had earned enough points for.

Awful waste of time in the end.

DeletedUser32291

Just like Alcarin89 said, there was a countdown timer for the event. In grepolympia there were different countdown timers for the actual events (which lasted 7 days each) and for the grepolympia shop, which lasted 7 days after the competition ended. Once the event countdowns reached 0:00 the event was over and once the grepolympia shop reached 0:00 the shop was closed and the event disappeared.

...and for those that this was their first event? Where does your point help us?

I TOTALLY agree there was a countdown for the event. Logically this does not mean that prizes are withdrawn. It means the objectives of the competition are to be fulfilled prior to time out. In no way did that timer say "you better claim your prizes or they are lost". The timer merely counted down. Wonderful for those that have the experience but for those that are new to the game, the general consensus seems to be it was a complete waste of time and the rules were not clear enough. The competition could end but why the barrel icon had to be removed so we cant claim the prizes seems unjustified.

DeletedUser

Also caught out, got up early this morning, got points up to 3205 to get the cp, dashed off to work without claiming anything, all gone when I got home, what a waste of effort.

DeletedUser32291

No support

Also caught out, got up early this morning, got points up to 3205 to get the cp, dashed off to work without claiming anything, all gone when I got home, what a waste of effort.

I contacted their support yesterday. It's now been 24 hours with no response. Think that's your answer. I will not be buying gold, no confidence in the event of a problem that you would get any support. What an odd way of working with customers. Here's what I wrote on behalf of us:

There is a discussion on the withdrawal of prizes for the Octoberfest competition. I wondered if a representative could respond as its gaining bad feeling toward Grepolis. Would be good PR to be a positive response.

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showth...-for-after-the-event-ends&p=643679#post643679