Older players

DeletedUser8467

True that, i was in the front right inbetween our alliances oceans and the oceans of red and clustered 150+towns all together in the one postion. I held nearly a quarter of an ocean as my own. Your correct, doing that and being active all the time ment it was nearly impossible to be Conked. But you can not just cluster, it has to be done right in the hotspot for the best fun and fastest growth. Now you make me miss it all, by going down memory lane :(.

Always better times ahead tho <(^^)>

Lugosi

Strategos
Got forced to join here. Had two major spells in Beta and Epsilon with Phenomen/ Dragon Slayers and Republic of the Isles/ Pathfinders. Played basically every world from Alpha to Sigma being one of those noobs who joins premades then quits 2 weeks later on a lot of them. Pleasantly surprised that Rhammus is almost on par with Beta and Epsilon but then again this server has a lot of add-ons.

DeletedUser

I played a fair little bit on Eta playing in the elite and valor, ah fond memories

DeletedUser

I just prefer looking back at the days where players worked with skill, not gold....... the gamma days

DeletedUser

I just prefer looking back at the days where players worked with skill, not gold....... the gamma days

That's what I'm talking about. The Delta, Gamma, (beginning of) Kappa days. Was a completely different game then - no phone alarm & no end-game. Figuring out when to attack someone was an art because there was no grepointel or any assistance. Just had to feel them out and try to narrow down where they live, but they were setting alarms to wake up and post on the forums or send PMs while you're trying to figure it out!

Man, those were the days. This is kiddie play compared to that.

DeletedUser

Only been playing Rhammus for a couple of days (out of curiosity and no unwrapped new world) but man looks harsh, respect to allz you dudes who find the time to play these speed worlds. sCARRRRYYY.:eek:

DeletedUser

That's what I'm talking about. The Delta, Gamma, (beginning of) Kappa days. Was a completely different game then - no phone alarm & no end-game. Figuring out when to attack someone was an art because there was no grepointel or any assistance. Just had to feel them out and try to narrow down where they live, but they were setting alarms to wake up and post on the forums or send PMs while you're trying to figure it out!

Man, those were the days. This is kiddie play compared to that.

yup, grep really compromised so it could earn money. kinda disappointing in certain aspects but on the other hand some improvements were needed but unfortunately lots of those updates meant that you could buy your way to the top rather than play with skill.

DeletedUser33639

tommy... :) its been years i miss our play in grepo together. i left rhammus because of no chance for winning ww with an alliance in O56... Dude, let me know if you join in any upcoming new world... its my best play in calydon with you and our alliance. email me at lovingmech@gmail.com

DeletedUser

Guess i count as an older player. Started playing the game late in Alpha and spread over to a few other worlds all long dead now. Don't see many of the people I used to play with though there is one guy going at it. Been out of Grepo for about 3 years came back to join with my buddy for some simming in my spare time. Look forward to making some new friends and having some fun in the future.

DeletedUser24323

Look forward to making some new friends and having some fun in the future.
What is sad to see is that in the olden days the forums were full of messages and animation, now it is D E A D.
No action, no arguing and no debate . It is possible that the Old players still play with strategy, new players look for more action and interactivity where mental calculations is not important but speed and technique

Well if this is the LAST world I play I am at least with my Supermouse and have fun with the few OLDER PLAYERS

DeletedUser

The gaming community is changing. FB and other stuff have made it more centred towards social networking and corporate mentality. These days posts generally tend to concentrate on individual reputation, gaming knowledge and the latest cool stuff - whereas before there was more flaming, rivalry and deliberate use of the externals to undermine an opponents morale. The humour was alternative, now it is flat. Animation was creative, now it is abstract. Grep is still a good game though. I think Inno are still a good games company. One of the best around.

As for older players... well nothing lasts forever and there's always some squirt trying to do you down, but that's life . No point in looking back. Gotta keep moving forwards. :D

DeletedUser

I think i can be counted as fairly experienced player. FAIRLY. just started today got a city right at the edge of O94....

login name : vipul.soni