Olympia Oracle

DeletedUser

I've decided to start the first Olympia newspaper! The Olympia Oracle will come out once a week and important events will be marked here,

• 1st Conquer
  • Holder of top ABP
  • Overall Points Leader
  • Top Alliance ABP
  • and more...

Stay tuned for more articles when bp ends! :)

Now accepting staff

Reporter: gesote
Captain Winter

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I wouldn't mind helping. Being new and all it would be nice to know how things work around here

Application:
Name: Captain Winter

DeletedUser

Olympia Oracle 5/21/2012

Olympia Oracle

Welcome to the first issue of the Olympia Oracle!​

The sound of clashing swords fill the land as beginner protection ends. Many players from different alliances crowd the top twenty as they all barter for the top position. It may be early, but many of the top point payers have yet to prove their selves worthy of being the best of Olympia. Attila the hun1 takes an early 13 point lead. One battle, one shift of power could change the world into a bloody battle ground. At the core oceans, four alliances show themselves as the top contenders right now. Legio IX, Titans of Doom, Spider Monkeys, and Paragon all have ambitious plans to control Olympia's core. Will war come soon? Who will emerge as top Attacker? More coming later in next weeks issue of the Olympia Oracle...

CommanderWolffe: Editor and Cheif

DeletedUser

Olympia Oracle 5/28/2012

Olympia Oracle​

Second Edition​

We'll start with top 12 alliance changes. The top alliance Titans of Doom crumbled and dissolved scattering the players throughout other contending alliances. Soon after Conquering Heroes, a rim MRA, appeared briefly at the top before The Unknowns, former LegioIX players took the top position with 176 players, but denies the title of MRA. KHAL DROGO holds down third with 126 members. I think the number for MRAs are set for alliances at a solid 100 and ADRASTOS and OLYMPIAN GODS both exceed 100 players. From there we drop down to 60's player range with Hell Knights leading the charge at number 6. League of Kings and The Union, former Monkeroos and Black Serpent players, are not far behind. Now we've reached what many are calling the "long term", "anti-MRA", "Elite Alliances". Paragon with a few more members and lower average is ahead of Spider Monkeys with a higher average and lower player number. Well just another MRA, with 93 members and a low point average, HEROES AND DEMONS hold the eleventh position. Finally we round out the top 12 with "The peaceful alliance", aka Olympian Alliance 101.

Top five alliance attackers:
It's Spider Monkeys currently ahead with 5k, then Paragon with 3700. I don't think this is a surprise to anyone, but most of the other top 12 need to step up. Hell Knights take number Three with 2600 followed by the number 1 point ranked alliance, The Unknowns at 1600 which averages only 15 abp a player. Then Conquering Heroes holds position five with 1200 abp.

Top five alliance defenders:
Here The Unknowns hod the top spot again with 1300 dbp. Then you drop way down to Gods of Olympus with 500. Holding third is an early MRA that is quickly falling, Legion of Heroes with around 500 as well. Hell Knights defended their cities to hold 4 here as well with a little under 400 dbp. Finally we round off the top dbp alliances with Union of Olympia with 350.

Next week:
Interview with top Abp player
First Conquest
and more, all in the Olympia Oracle...

CommanderWolffe: Editor and Chief

DeletedUser

Thanks for taking the time to write this. I find it imformative, and relative. I am looking forward to the next edition. Any plans to post the individual player's top 10 abp, & dbp?

Anyone looking for an experienced player, a re-tread from last year, I am still looking for an alliance.

AA

DeletedUser

Well done Commander :) It's fun knowing what's happening in the world of Olympia!

DeletedUser

It's good to have CommanderWolffe on our team. He's a great asset.

DeletedUser

It is going to be late this week, sry for the delay.

DeletedUser

Olympia Oracle 6/4/2012

Olympia Oracle

Third Edition​

I'll start by running through ranking requested then we'll move into a war and some interviews and weekly updates!

Top 6 ABP players
  • 1. OrestesOfArgos
  • 2. dobromirrr
  • 3. Attila the hun1
  • 4. annette61
  • 5. TanDeRamos
  • 6. AndyRitchie

Top 6 DBP players:
  • 1. Timmy121
  • 2. chromis
  • 3. OrestesOfArgos
  • 4. LordFussy
  • 5. elmnous
  • 6. zangak

War!
War has erupted between The Union of Assassins vs. Paragon. The Union of Assassins declared war a few days ago and immediately organized on op against a few Paragon players. This very morning union trans un-accompanied by ls were sunk in one of Paragon's harbors. The Union lost a few troops and Paragon didn't loose one militia unit. But...the war rages on and the next move is yet to be revealed...

Now on to the interviews,

Top ABP player-OrestesOfArgos of Paragon
Congratulations on holding the top ABP ranking, what steps have you taken to gain this position?
If I answered that, then that would make my job a whole lot harder, wouldn't it?

Yes I suppose so, do you think the war that has broken out will give you a major boost or be just enough to keep up this position?
I think that war is the only thing that can keep a top player at the top of the rankings. The sacrifices made yield much greater benefit in the long term. It also unites an alliance to have a common enemy and hones the skills of other Paragon members. I see greater benefit in cooperation than simple battle points.

So you are looking at this war as a training excercise for Paragon and are going to let your members take the lead and boost their ABP?
That's the intent. I'm comfortable where I am. Now i'd like to see the rest of our members try their hand at dealing death. That's not to say Paragon has no killers. We have many aggressive players, but a large cooperative conquest is what I seek. We have the perfect target for such an exercise, which I will not divulge as of yet.

To wrap up the interveiw, who do you see as the top 5 alliances later in the world as far as ABP goes?
I can't say a top 5 with confidence, but I do believe the top three will be Paragon, Spider Monkeys, and Hell Knights in no particular order. VIRUS has great potential so they are my pick for #4, but #5 is still up for grabs in my opion. Olympia still has much developing to do and alliances are rising and falling rapidly.

After the interview I went and looked over the stats and then drew up a map and here it is. It looks as if Spider Monkeys and VIRUS will duel for O55, Paragon will take southern O44 and southern O54, and Hell Knights will take O56.

1st Conquer-F1RST of Spider Monkeys
Reporter-gesote
F1RST off congratulations on your conquest, care to share a little of your strategy for newer players on how you obtained this milestone?
Well anyone that checks my grepostats will see I have several small accounts, I used these to test my theories on initial fast growth.
Resources are the key, the more you produce the faster you grow and the faster you get conquest ready, the faster you can have more than one city.

When you were ready to take a city, how did you select the one you did ?
My first city was a ghost and I was lucky that one appered close with enough points to be worth while, so my first city was an oppotunist act.
My third city was a far more tactical choice.

Some people have voiced concerns about you conquering a ghost and think you maybe should have waited to conquer a bigger city what would you say to these people ?
We are all intitled to an opinion, but just because you have an opinion it does not make it right.
I was also ridiculed for not having much bp early on, i think im about rank 10 attack bp now.
I try not to get drawn into competition over rank, whether that is bp or points.
I do what i think is tacticaly right, at the moment that is making me high ranked points wise but that is just coincidence I'm no point whore.

You currently are in F1RST position do you think you can stay here in the long term ?
I can guarantee I wont stay in first place much longer, but I'm not going to explain why lol.
I can't tell you all my tactics but sufice it to say I have a plan and it's long term.

Weekly Updates

Top 5 ABP Alliances:
  • Spider Monkeys
  • Paragon
  • Hell Knights
  • The Unknowns
  • Conquering Heroes
  • Watching from interviews: VIRUS at #6

Top 5 DBP Alliances:
  • The Unknowns
  • Paragon
  • KHAL DROGO
  • God of Olympus
  • The Union of Assassins

Top 12 Point Alliances:
  • The Unknowns
  • Conquering Heroes
  • KHAL DROGO
  • The Union of Assassins
  • OLYMPIAN GODS
  • Olympia Alliance 101
  • Hell Knights
  • Spider Monkeys
  • HEROES AND DEMONS
  • Paragon
  • Gods of Olympus
  • The Imitation Legionarie

DeletedUser

Great job CW. I must say I really appreciate the time you are putting in this. I don't post comments, I just read the forum, but I had to congratulate you... Keep that way.

Best

DeletedUser

Great work. I've always enjoyed reading the newsletters on the forum. Keep it up. +rep

DeletedUser

Thanks for the update. Interesting stuff. I am looking forward to see how all of this shakes out, in the next edition.

AA

DeletedUser

Some people have voiced concerns about you conquering a ghost and think you maybe should have waited to conquer a bigger city what would you say to these people ?

That's a jab at me, isn't it? lol

DeletedUser

Nope just on the conquest noticed some people were not in agreement with the ghost thing so thought F1RST should be allowed to state his opinion. I did that interview.

DeletedUser

Olympia Oracle 6/11/2012

Olympia Oracle​

Fourth Edition​

It hasn't been a very exciting week on Olympia, mostly failed conquests from several alliances. It appears that more and more people are gaining conquest, but launch before they are ready, but then the top players who are ready are recognized and massive support rolls in from the unknown defenders. The Unknowns are claiming defense for a few and are running training exercises against top alliances such as Paragon. I will be starting a sub-section for the oracle called Olympia Oracle Sub-Section: Wars, basically if an alliance wants their war tracked all they have to do is mail gesote aka FlyingMonkeyBoy or me with a format posted and keep us updated on the conquests. Other than that there is not a lot left on changes, wars, conquests, etc. this week so hope to see some more action this week and now we'll move on to an interview with...

Nikunj3: Founder of VIRUS​
1. Why did you decide to found your alliance and how did you come up with the name?

I'm not used to being bossed around, and like to be in control. Hence the founding. The name was originally 'Delian League' since I really admire Greek alliances, but later it got changed since we plan to spread like a VIRUS and conquer the world!!

2. Do you think points or battle points are more important ?
Well if I have to say, I would say BP since what really matters is the army you have, because having a huge city but nothing to defend it is useless.

3. Which alliance or alliances do you most admire?

SpiderMonkeys since they dont seem to be an MRA and are doing pretty good.

4. You have slipped off the top 12 of late are you planning a push back up the ranking or are you happy where you are ?
IMO, the top alliances are MRAs, and we of late kicked out all people below a certain point limit, hence shortening our points. We do aim to be at the top, but that will only be possible later on, since the rankings will only start to be accurate when conquering of cities starts fully.

Reporter:Gesote

Weekly Updates

Top 5 Alliances ABP:
  • Spider Monkeys
  • Paragon
  • The Unknowns
  • Hell Knights
  • Conquering Heroes

Top 5 Alliance DBP:
  • The Unknowns
  • Conquering Heroes
  • Spider Monkeys
  • Paragon
  • The Union

Top 12 Top 12 Point Alliances:
  • The Unknowns
  • Conquering Heroes
  • KHAL DROGO
  • The Union
  • Olympian Alliance 101
  • OLYMPIAN GODS
  • Spider Monkeys
  • HEROES AND DEMONS
  • Hell Knights
  • The Imitation Legionarie
  • The Golden Knights
  • Paragon

Any questions, suggestions, post them or mail me here or in-game.

CommanderWolffe:Editor and Chief

DeletedUser25074

Aww damn it who attacked Conquering Heroes lol Spider monkeys were no2 defenders last i checked lol

DeletedUser

Olympia Oracle 6/18/2012

Olympia Oracle

Fifth Edition​

So this week has become the most entertaining week so far, Paragon and The Union getting business done as normal, but The Unknowns came under attack by Spider Monkeys as the first op involving multiple cities so far. Overall 6 cities were targets and 4 were taken. After the op was over many members of The Unknowns were either kicked or just left including one of their leaders and an untaken target, ssw2012. So it appears a new war has begun...
Spider Monkeys
Y5g07.jpg
Vs

The Unknowns
jl8A2.jpg

Moving on I'm going to address the top 12 alliances, changes, etc.
1. The Unknowns- nothing new besides sustaining some losses this week, waiting to see if they bounce back...

2. The Union- At war with Paragon, looks at if that war is going slowly, both sides attacking here and there waiting for the other one to strike the first major hit.

3. Conquering Heroes- Need to step up on abp if they are going to survive.

4. KHAL DROGO- Enemies with Spider Monkeys, but not attacking?

5. Olympia Alliance 101- Pathetic overall average, still the "peaceful" alliance.

6. Spider Monkeys- Successful op against The Unknowns this week, will see what their next move is.

7. HEROES AND DEMONS- Have really heard nothing from them, if they are going to stay there need to see some life.

8. The Imitation Legionarie- gained a few members this week, might need to trim the fat and get up their bp.

9. The Golden Knights- Who? Maybe they can stay, but they need to make themselves known.

10. Hell Knights- One of the top alliances right now, holding it down in O56 for now.

11. Paragon- Doing a good job growing, looking at a bright future if they keep it up.

12. LEGION- I'm about sick of alliances with "legion" in them and caps lock...

Just a note, but if there is an article next week, it will be written by gesote, b/c I will be in in vm or there might not be one at all.

Weekly Updates

Top 5 Alliance ABP:
  • Spider Monkeys
  • The Unknowns
  • Hell Knights
  • Paragon
  • The Union

Top 5 Alliance DBP:
  • The Unknowns
  • Paragon
  • Conquering Heroes
  • The Union
  • Spider Monkeys

:pro:​

DeletedUser

Every time The Unknowns lose a city, an angel gets it's wings. Nice read, CommanderWolffe.

12. LEGION- I'm about sick of alliances with "legion" in them and caps lock...

Couldn't help but chuckle at this one.

DeletedUser

Good read as usual. I'm pretty sure 'LEGION' are the same alliance in the top 12 that keep changing their name! I haven't kept tabs on their other names but the lack of creativity seems familiar