Olympus Endgame - Revolt issues

Hydna

Grepolis Team
At the moment there is only an Olympus endgame for conquest. I have had a few questions about this recently so I think it would help to get the community involved.

We would like a Revolt Olympus if the community want one. We are not sure when we will have the time to develop this properly that is the issue. It is not even just developer time it is actually working out the logistics of how revolt should play out.

As an example how do we treat a revolt on a temple? If an alliance clear and revolt a temple as it stands anyone could defend that revolt - is that workable? The worry is that the way it currently works in conquest just wont work for revolt.

If you have any comments or suggestions about this please use this thread.

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Surely this should have been resolved BEFORE the Olympus endgame was even developed? Quite apart from this, why is ANY new Olympus server being opened when they haven't even got it working correctly in beta?

Well exactly thats why we do not have the revolt option yet. We want to explore the issues and resolve them first.

curadh

Phrourach
That doesn't answer the question as to why any further servers are being opened with this end game which has been plagued with constant bugs on beta and is still not working there .. IN CONQUEST.. so nothing to do with revolt at all.. even at least one post in forums there saying that the endgame has been rolled out to live servers prematurely.

To be honest I will delay joining any Olympus server anyway until ALL the bugs have been sorted. So far in Beta they have had troops and ls disappearing into some black hole never to reappear and Olympus has yet to jump at the correct times (twice) .. doesn't give much confidence in a development team that don't even appear to understand time formats .. hence we have time separators of full stops in command screen but colons in attack planner

Last edited:

xFate

Strategos
@Hydna why do we have two olympus worlds back-to-back tho. It's a game-mode that is still going through its first live test and as from what I'm hearing, its not the most bug-free environment.

Why don't you let the first world end before introducing more. When it gets closer to end game with the large temples, you may encounter many more bugs than previously thought, and you will have to deal with them not only in one world, but two.

Hydna

Grepolis Team
@Hydna why do we have two olympus worlds back-to-back tho. It's a game-mode that is still going through its first live test and as from what I'm hearing, its not the most bug-free environment.

Why don't you let the first world end before introducing more. When it gets closer to end game with the large temples, you may encounter many more bugs than previously thought, and you will have to deal with them not only in one world, but two.

This is a thread for suggestions for the revolt endgame for Olympus. You could add this to the feedback for the new world if you wish.

Raydium88

Strategos
I think the main issue as to why Revolt hasn't made a debut for this endgame is precisely in the way the temples are meant to conquered/held against other alliances. There's no feasible way to incorporate Revolt into the system, specially for the Olympus temple. It is after all, meant to be conquered and held for the longest amount of time possible. If you place it under revolt, Olympus would be effectively empty and conquering it would just be a race once cleared. Sure, alliances could choose to block each other, but how would they know when to? The endgame as it stands is simply not suited for Revolt in any way that I see.

A compromise, is to keep the conquering system for the temples as it is (land a CS, hold siege, defend - pretty much the CQ system as it is) BUT make all other city takeover interactions follow the Revolt system. So alliances may still enjoy wars in the Revolt system, but will have to conquer and hold temples the way it's currently implemented. Sure, a hybrid conquering system like this, may be too confusing... probably a dumb/terrible idea on me part, but is the closest I see to having a Revolt Olympus world without requiring to redesign the whole endgame.

curadh

Phrourach
Exactly Ray, just very poor forethought, planning and development. After all developers were aware from the onset that there were 2 completely different systems but they chose to ignore revolt completely in their planning, why is the biggest question here?

Corvidaan

Phrourach
I don’t see why you can’t just release a world with revolt for the “normal” PvP interactions, and the current conquest model for Olympus PVE stuff. Olympus is new for everyone, conquest players are getting used to live threads showing the troops involved, being able to alliance wide spell, etc. I’m sure revolt players could stomach doing like 12 of them throughout an entire server across 3/4 months? Especially if the alternative is just not having access to the Olympus game mode full stop.

DeletedUser41523

My thoughts. Why not have all unclaimed temples work like a conquest but all temples owned by an alliance work like a revolt?

curadh

Phrourach
Or even better just leave the fiasco now created to conquest players to suffer and open a new revolt server (either WW or Domination settings) .. the rate they fix in game issues it will be a server or even two before they even get temples working for conquest alone and much longer for any adjustment for revolt .. would much rather have a stable working server than the current failures of developers to fix this and the current in game issues

1saaa

Strategos
I'm struggling to see the big issue here... The objective of olympus is to take temples and hold it right? Well surely the current revolt system would work fine for that. Clear olympus troops, revolt temple and then take it before competitors. Then you stack troops to prevent revolt and if its revolted defend.

As I said I'm really struggling to see what the issue is about temples and holding them. For olympus I imagine it would be the same concept.

curadh

Phrourach
I don't see that the taking and holding of temples is the issue ... what is the issue is that they haven't even got it working and stable in beta yet .. Olympus last time I looked had even failed to jump on time .. not once but twice and posts by beta players in forum there saying it has been rolled out on live servers prematurely ... so what do they do, of course open a new server knowing of the constant problems that still exist

DeletedUser56221

I think the main issue as to why Revolt hasn't made a debut for this endgame is precisely in the way the temples are meant to conquered/held against other alliances. There's no feasible way to incorporate Revolt into the system, specially for the Olympus temple. It is after all, meant to be conquered and held for the longest amount of time possible. me.
Not feasible? I would think with some thought and effort a process could be imagined, developed and implemented. to start the imagine phase; revolt / stack against opponent / remove stack / land CS / stack

DeletedUser41523

Tbh I still don't see the issue. I don't think revolt players play revolt because way back in 2010 they one day envisioned temples being able to be revolted. They probably play it because its either the system that they know best and prefer or its the system that fits best with their live in terms of playing the game. I don't really think that temples affects that all too much.

But the Olympus end game reward is pretty strong. So to exclude half the player base from it is a pretty bad idea even if its rolled out with errors.

DeletedUser57129

Here's a wacky idea, don't make it work for revolt. We have 4 types of games right now Wonders, Domination, Casual and Olympus. Develop something that works for revolt but not conquest, it might take less time then trying to fit the circle through the triangle hole.

DeletedUser56221

But the Olympus end game reward is pretty strong. So to exclude half the player base from it is a pretty bad idea even if its rolled out with errors.
Exactly!!!!!!!
Let alone the experience of the Olympus Server by the revolt players.
I saw another player say his Father had a name for this "half-assed" another one like that is "piss-poor"

curadh

Phrourach
Here's a wacky idea, don't make it work for revolt. We have 4 types of games right now Wonders, Domination, Casual and Olympus. Develop something that works for revolt but not conquest, it might take less time then trying to fit the circle through the triangle hole.
Maybe a stable server without the constant updates that cause even more problems would be a start :)