Olympus World Feedback Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
On June 10th our first world with the new Olympus endgame will be opened. As this is the first world of its kind on our server we'll be keeping this thread open so players can share their feedback about the new endgame over the course of the world. If you would like more information on how Olympus works you can read our wiki page on it here.

Last edited:

Corvidaan

Phrourach
A couple of questions.

when you state “alliances can capture temples” how does ownership work in regards to morale? Does the temple count as being owned by the player that drove (assuming it works as normal conquest) in terms of morale? Or are temples morale immune/some form of alliance morale?

If a temple is owned by a specific player rather than an alliance, does said player receive notifications for incoming attacks as they would a normal city? Does it take up a culture slot, etc?

Hydna

Grepolis Team
A temple has no morale. This applies whether it is neutral or conquered and owned by an alliance.

Once taken a temple belongs to an alliance. You have an extra box on your screen (next to trade and command box) to monitor incoming to your temple. It's not quite the same as a city, it doesn't appear on your overview. All alliance members have this information.

1591270165521.png

This shows that 2 different temples each have one incoming attack.

Corvidaan

Phrourach
A temple has no morale. This applies whether it is neutral or conquered and owned by an alliance.

Once taken a temple belongs to an alliance. You have an extra box on your screen (next to trade and command box) to monitor incoming to your temple. It's not quite the same as a city, it doesn't appear on your overview.

View attachment 13917

This shows that 2 different temples each have one incoming attack.
Great, thank you for the response. Is it still conquered by a single player driving a CS? And does that take up a culture slot?

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Great, thank you for the response. Is it still conquered by a single player driving a CS? And does that take up a culture slot?

No a temple does not use a slot.

Yes a player is selected by the team to send a CS and he then posts the live conquest in the normal way.

I have an interview with a beta player - i will post that to give you a better insight into all this.

Last edited:

Nojester

Hoplite
Hey,

This new style of playing the game looks good. Brings a lot of fresh air to the game :D I also have several questions.

How will this affect the pacts between alliances? So, for example: my alliance has a pact with the alliance holding the olympus, will that time count for us too? Will the alliances that have pacts share bonuses from temples?

I see a downside of the Large Temples. Example: Your alliance is placed on one side of the map and you want the Zeus Temple which is spawn on the other side of the map. It will be kinda hard to shift the entire alliance there or to try to conquer it so far. Basically, you are kinda stuck the the temple near you. Is something here that i'm missing?

Thank you! :)

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Hey,

This new style of playing the game looks good. Brings a lot of fresh air to the game :D I also have several questions.

How will this affect the pacts between alliances? So, for example: my alliance has a pact with the alliance holding the olympus, will that time count for us too? Will the alliances that have pacts share bonuses from temples?

I see a downside of the Large Temples. Example: Your alliance is placed on one side of the map and you want the Zeus Temple which is spawn on the other side of the map. It will be kinda hard to shift the entire alliance there or to try to conquer it so far. Basically, you are kinda stuck the the temple near you. Is something here that i'm missing?

Thank you! :)

This has no effect on the pact system that exists. However, as with Domination, only 1 alliance can win here so the pact scenario does need to be a part of your strategy. You cannot share the small or large temple bonus with another alliance and you cannot share days earned when you hold Olympus.

You are right, some Large temples will be near you and others further. That is luck and is the same for everyone. However you know roughly where they will appear (although not which exact temple) so that is another element to plan for.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
I was concerned that a pre-world discussion thread would segment the discussion and feedback on the new game mode. Given that this is the first Olympus world our community's initial impression of it and subsequent feedback is very important.

Corvidaan

Phrourach
Tbh I don’t think there’ll be much discussion about the mode until the world drops and the temples unlock 3 weeks in. You may get some feedback about the “found anywhere” rule immediately, and some desire to switch off morale, but I think thats it in terms of pre release/pre temple feedback.